HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
haha i thought i will make looping video at the end, because i thought it was to big to get it done, but no problem. lol
The three of us all were in awe of the big Hexa doing the loop. I have watched it 20 times already.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:04 PM
not surprised.........
United Kingdom, Alford
Joined Jan 2005
90 Posts
bkk hobby shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashervn View Post
Guys, very much off topic but if I know elsewhere to ask I would have had. Again, I beg your pardon.
Anyone hobby shop owner from Bangkok willing to help me building a hexa for AP with the DJI WKM? I am from Hanoi Vietnam, no (ZERO) number of hobbyshop here. I ll be in BKK from 2 to 7 Oct on a business trip and looking to bring home a full built set. PM me if interested. Many thanks

Minh

Hi

You could try http://www.hobbythai.com/ email :shop@hobbythai.com

They are advertising DJI equipment, and do sell multirotor airframes too.

Seem a friendly bunch there which is nice, and best of all (for me anyway) they are 15 minutes up the main soi from me.

regards

Mark
CaLviNx is offline Find More Posts by CaLviNx
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:55 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
Guyz,

Not sure that everyone received the power module, but if so, did anyone set the battery warnings and security?

What about the lipo cell count? if it's a customer's input, and say you want to use some 3s and 4s at the flying field, it will require a laptop (I got one), but also an internet connection... at the field..?

thanks

PS: didn't receive my power module, but it's on the way, that's why I'm wondering.
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,366 Posts
Circling seems to be gone With just a slight breeze, it still tries to stay in one place.. just 'leans into it' a bit. Looks like I finally got it dialed! It helped putting X2 and X3 on knobs so I can dial the gains in. But I need to plug it in to see where the numbers ended up.

Next up, putting it on a bigger Hex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milouze View Post
Guyz,

What about the lipo cell count? if it's a customer's input, and say you want to use some 3s and 4s at the flying field, it will require a laptop (I got one), but also an internet connection... at the field..?
+1, I'm curious of that as well.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Quote:
I told them this already.
Why make something like cell count a user input, when you forget the setting and end up flying on 3S setting with 4S and trash the battery. Of course, just like any useful suggestion such as implementing PPM input, it has been ignored and I'm even a paying customer.

milouze, have you checked out my hardware evaluation of WK-M? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510587
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:11 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,189 Posts
They listened TC, but they're just waiting for you to say the magic word...
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
They listened TC, but they're just waiting for you to say the magic word...
lol ...
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Guyz,

Not sure that everyone received the power module, but if so, did anyone set the battery warnings and security?

thanks

PS: didn't receive my power module, but it's on the way, that's why I'm wondering.
When you start the software and it asks to login there is a little check box there that says something like "Keep me logged in". If you check that box and then log in to the software afterwards you can open the software and connect to the WKM without a network connection. The only thing you can't do at that point is upgrade firmware, obviously, but you can make changes in the field using that setting.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Thailand
Joined Apr 2006
317 Posts
I need to know if anyone can use DJI-M software with window 7, in the new user manual it show that we can download the driver for both window xp and window 7, but when we start to download it show only for window xp.

I keep sent emal to DJI but my email do not get any response.
ThaiskyDigital is offline Find More Posts by ThaiskyDigital
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiskyDigital View Post
I need to know if anyone can use DJI-M software with window 7, in the new user manual it show that we can download the driver for both window xp and window 7, but when we start to download it show only for window xp.

I keep sent emal to DJI but my email do not get any response.
Hi, I'm using it perfectly fine on Windows 7 Professional x64, no issues.
You will need the '64bit driver' linked a few times in this thread.

However, they do need to fix the app for multiple monitors - it starts up in between monitors for me, very uncool.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:46 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
The frames that QM and Robert received from RC-Carbon are of the new build process (which started last week). I will gladly post pictures up of the new product. The build quality on these brand new frames have gone up to rival DW stuff. We will also be offering a fully IMU stabilized 3-Axis mount next week.

as long as the newer new stuff does not look like this then that's cool.

I finally found these pics I took of the replacements that came about 3 weeks ago but had there own defects again, gave them away to. one of the new arms was still drilled wrong and caused about a 2-3degree tilt in the motor mount. Anyways it just takes a few simple checks to weed out these things.
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:41 PM
Posting, but should be working
Brackendale, BC, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Hi, I'm using it perfectly fine on Windows 7 Professional x64, no issues.
You will need the '64bit driver' linked a few times in this thread.

However, they do need to fix the app for multiple monitors - it starts up in between monitors for me, very uncool.

+1 I would like it to open where I had it last.
furyphoto is offline Find More Posts by furyphoto
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:30 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post

I finally found these pics I took of the replacements that came about 3 weeks ago but had there own defects again, gave them away to. one of the new arms was still drilled wrong and caused about a 2-3degree tilt in the motor mount. Anyways it just takes a few simple checks to weed out these things.
WOW!

I cant believe any manufacture would send this out to a customer!

Thats amazing.

What did they use to cut that out? a Butter Knife????
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:33 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post

talk about stretching the life of a bit lol
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:47 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,092 Posts
I am just gobsmacked that a manufacture would send that out to a paying customer!

I dont care how small the manufacture is or even if its a hobby business its amazing!

I canunderstand how misaligned holes can be sent out by mistake and small errors like that.

But leaving all thos sharp edges and.........im still just gobsmacked.
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer