HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:08 PM
Ukraine
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
Help!
Su-26xp no throttle problem

Hello, i had a great time with my su-26xp with original brushed motor.
Suddenly i faced that the motor doesn't start anymore, the motor itself is ok - i've checked it by connecting directly to the battery, it goes full power without any problem.
By the way generally the bind process seems to be ok, all other controls beside throttle work fine.
I'm using Dx6i with BNF Su-26xp,

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Bluemzd is offline Find More Posts by Bluemzd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
If you have a meter, test it between the brick and motor to see if the brick is putting out power to the motor.

Barring that, it could be a throttle problem inside your Dx6i's throttle gimbal.. have any other planes to test it on?

Also triple check that throttle travel in the programming of the Dx6i can go to 100%, and check throttle trim as well.

~Kev
darksiede is offline Find More Posts by darksiede
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:40 PM
Ukraine
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksiede View Post
If you have a meter, test it between the brick and motor to see if the brick is putting out power to the motor.

Barring that, it could be a throttle problem inside your Dx6i's throttle gimbal.. have any other planes to test it on?

Also triple check that throttle travel in the programming of the Dx6i can go to 100%, and check throttle trim as well.

~Kev
1) Tested my dx6i just now on another su26xp and t34 mentor - works fine.
2) unplugged the motor, binded the su26xp with the transmiter, checked voltage on the (+) and (-) - no voltage. But there is voltage between the very left pin (the for for brushless ESC) and both (-) and (+).

Any ideas?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:08 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
There's a procedure to switch the motor ouput from brushed to brushless. It would be amazing if you did it by accident, but who knows, everything is possible. If you did accidentally switch it to brushless, then sure enough, the brushed motor would not do anything.

Check the user guide for the AR6400 board, on the Spektrum website or included with your plane. Follow the steps to switch back to brushed.

Otherwise, who knows, maybe the ouput is simply fried. Would be a first though.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemzd View Post
1) Tested my dx6i just now on another su26xp and t34 mentor - works fine.
2) unplugged the motor, binded the su26xp with the transmiter, checked voltage on the (+) and (-) - no voltage. But there is voltage between the very left pin (the for for brushless ESC) and both (-) and (+).

Any ideas?
Yeh, like RG says above, it sounds like you got switched into PPM mode for brushless on accident.

Easiest way to unswitch, is plug a battery in to the plane, then push your left stick full up, and full left, and power on the Tx..

The brick will flash, then unplug the battery, replug and try your throttle.

~Kev
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:30 AM
Ukraine
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
I have tried that before posting the thread, - after changing the mode, the motor start on maximum power and became uncontrolled.

Can any one try to change the mode from brushed to brushless on a working parkzone micro plane - to see how does the motor works under such conditions.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Can't check right now, but that's quite interesting!!!

In brushed mode, the center pin is always positive. I think there's no control at all on that pin. I think they control the other pin which is the negative so the motor go up and down in speed.

In brushless mode, again, the center pin is always positive. And now the same pin is used for the PPM, so it's a digital signal. So when you switch to brushless, it would be normal for the motor to spin. Still positive on one side, and getting pulses on the negative side. I would not say top speed, but likely fast.

So if I'm right, this would mean that you have control when you switch to brushless, but somehow, in the controlling part of the brushed motor (maybe different FETs?), something is wrong.

A cheap solution would then be to simply buy a brushed ESC!!! Some people have done that here, simply because with an external brushed ESC, you get a different HLVC and SLVC. I think Maukabud is the one who like this solution the most, so I would send him a message about this.

A AR6400 board cost a lot. Sure enough, if your's is under warranty, send it away, but if it's not, a brushed ESC for such a small motor would not cost much and likely allow you to still use the board.

Sure enough, I will try to do the switching myself tonight to see if I get the same result (which I'm pretty sure I will).
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:44 AM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
rebind with your throttle at 0%, should solve the problem!

~Kev
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
Ukraine
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
2 darksiede: Binded with throttle at 0% - no resuls.

I have bought a conversion Kit with brushless motor and brushless ESC, Changed mode to brushless. But still no result - no throttle, all the other functions work great.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Jun 2007
6 Posts
Hi Bluemzd

I know this is an old post, but since I'm facing the exact same problem with the same plane, I was wondering whether you ever were able to resolve this problem?
markimark is offline Find More Posts by markimark
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
lompoc, ca
Joined Sep 2006
41 Posts
I experienced the same thing, checked my batteries and the voltage was ok. Had the same problem with my msr heli, no motor startup. I read somewhere on this site that the lipoly batteries can go bad even though the voltage looks ok so I tried some brand new batteries and everything worked! So maybe your batteries have gone bad
glompoc is offline Find More Posts by glompoc
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jun 2007
6 Posts
So everything worked except throttle only because of the batteries?

I tried all batteries I have, nothing changes. And of course the motor is running when changing to brushless mode.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:41 AM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
I had the same issue with my polecat and it turned out I had the throttle trimmed out on my dx6i. hit the bottom(or top i forget which one) button that goes vertical to the right of your throttle stick (assuming you use mode 2) and see if it works. it did for me.
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Jun 2007
6 Posts
I tried that and set the throttle trim all the way down, no change, unfortunately.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
I have a similar problem with my sukhoi. I lose connection with the plane after about 75 feet away. I think it's a batter problem. Any suggestions?
johnteehee is offline Find More Posts by johnteehee