HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2015, 03:51 PM
Joined Nov 2014
20 Posts
Question
benefits of using Vector airspeed sensor

Hello!

Already using Vector flight controller, very happy with it. Now I am planning to install Vector airspeed sensor.

What benefits will I have besides airspeed indication?
Can I teach Vector to use airspeed as minimal RTH speed?
What fixed wing flight modes would become more precise if Vector airspeed sensor is used? For example if in 2DH the model flights with strong side wind, will using airspeed sensor improves course hold?

Thank you very much for your inputs!

Sincerely,

Andriy
andriyco is offline Find More Posts by andriyco
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:28 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
623 Posts
Hello,

Yes, you can specify airspeed instead of ground speed for certain calculations in the Vector setup such as RTH speed etc. The main benefit is that you can set an airspeed for RTH etc which will help ensure that your airframe will not stall in various wind conditions.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2015, 02:13 AM
Joined Nov 2014
20 Posts
Ok, thank you, John.

Could you please tell which check box should I mark in order to tell Vector that it must use airspeed during RTH? I found check box in advanced OSD settings, but don't want to make mistake.

And my other question. Does airspeed sensor improves 2DH?
andriyco is offline Find More Posts by andriyco
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:39 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
623 Posts
Hello,

You can select to use the pitot for the ladder/RTH in the stick menu and select Calculate True Airspeed on the Compass and Sensor Setup page.

It can help with 2DH if there is significant wind.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor