SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 03:07 AM
Joined Sep 2014
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELICOPTER View Post
I originally sent this to james, but i thought i might post it here aswell.
on bg they sold 38 HCP80 V2's, and now they are getting a restock on april 5th.
have they been fixed, or is hisky still making defective units for us...
They are still selling the RTF package - 72 sold. Also the receiver board (which is probably the defective part) - 9 sold.

Three weeks ago James said they stopped production and the developer was working till midnight trying to fix it. They should have sorted it by know, but nobody knows...
I'm still waiting on some info on what to do with my useless unit.
swashie is offline Find More Posts by swashie
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:58 AM
HCP80, HFP80, JXD388, V911.
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Sep 2014
94 Posts
Maybe there is something about transport that the receiver heavilly disikes.
Maybe its the servos themselves that are slow. (maybe someone could check and transplant one of their HCP80 v2 servos into their v1?)

I don't know as im just throwing ideas out there.
NELICOPTER is online now Find More Posts by NELICOPTER
Old Today, 09:16 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashie View Post
@bizzy511 The H6 is ok for the money but the Devo 7E modded with an nrf chip is soo much better.

The Devo 10 would be better still, but almost twice the price and not as portable. I still want one though. Deviation makes these transmitters amazing.
Added a couple of switches to my 7E making it even better.

Now we have to wait for Hisky to deliver the new protocol and some good heli's. While my V933, FBL80 and HFP80 (all V1) are nice. My new HFP100 V2 has been disappointing. We need quality instead of brute power.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Today, 10:06 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,484 Posts
@wasp09 I really liked my HFP100 V2, with the servo rates maxed out it flew great around my work's parking lot. A couple weeks ago it flew away. It went up, and quit responding to any TX input, soon it was no longer visible. My old trusty V933 has taken its place as my lunch time stress relief.

I hope Hisky can bring something soon to the table that reminds all of us of what we found in their first generation Helicopters. Right now we have a 100s that eat main gears unless you double them up, and a HCP80 v2 with servo lag. I think the V2 FP heli have some lag also, but its not as noticeable when sport flying. I hope the 60 I have been waiting for will be problem free.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Today, 10:19 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
thanks for the info Rcflyair, I really appreciate it. I used to own a ncpx and mcpx with the dx6i awhile back but I had to sell it due to some financial problems. I was thinking about the hcp80 RTF because of the low price and was hoping that the H6 Tx would be decent. When I last flew the ncpx, I was working on inverted hovering. I was able to do flips pretty good. Do you think the hcp80 is good for learning inverted hovering, or should I save up some more $$$ to get a used dx6i and ncpx or mcpx. Thanks
I would say the RTF HCP80v1 would be a good cheap way to get back into it. Then you could consider a deviated devo 7e or 10 down the road You'll also want to keep a little bigger stock of spare parts on hand, because it takes longer to get them....

I really like the hcp80v1 for indoor flying. I fly it inverted all the time - its great practice
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Today, 12:02 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
@wasp09 I really liked my HFP100 V2, with the servo rates maxed out it flew great around my work's parking lot. A couple weeks ago it flew away. It went up, and quit responding to any TX input, soon it was no longer visible. My old trusty V933 has taken its place as my lunch time stress relief.

I hope Hisky can bring something soon to the table that reminds all of us of what we found in their first generation Helicopters. Right now we have a 100s that eat main gears unless you double them up, and a HCP80 v2 with servo lag. I think the V2 FP heli have some lag also, but its not as noticeable when sport flying. I hope the 60 I have been waiting for will be problem free.
I probably got a lemon HFP100V2, bad parts/QC.

I found the main gear on this hardly flown bird cracked already. If it cannot handle this lowly FP, the same tiny main gear won't survive on a HCP100S. Its FP head was badly installed. The plastic was so brittle that I broke 3 plastic balls off the blade grip and the swash trying to put the head back correctly. I don't like the 6 axis control either. The last one is personal.

That is not good enough for now.
Old Today, 01:21 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
1,039 Posts
NEWS - victzh has done a test build with a modified the hisky protocol to enable switching between 3g and 6g on the hcp80 v2 and it works

you can find the test build here http://deviationtx.com/forum/builds/...al-build#30226 but note it is only for the devo 10 and you use at your own risk, I imagine it will be properly integrated into a nightly and for the other devo's shortly
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
317 Posts
Yahoo! Thanks, I will submit a pull request and it's going to be in nightlies soon.
victzh is online now Find More Posts by victzh
Old Today, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
317 Posts
@jameschen072, thanks for providing me with the protocol info.
@subpixel, thanks for testing it for me - I don't have the model myself. It took 2 tries to modify it successfully, so thank you for the patience.
Old Today, 01:41 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,810 Posts
Great. Hope it would be available to 7E soon.

We can build from source if we can find the pull request.

Thanks.
Old Today, 03:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
317 Posts
Pull request later today.
Old Today, 05:26 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
thanks for the info Rcflyair, I really appreciate it. I used to own a ncpx and mcpx with the dx6i awhile back but I had to sell it due to some financial problems. I was thinking about the hcp80 RTF because of the low price and was hoping that the H6 Tx would be decent. When I last flew the ncpx, I was working on inverted hovering. I was able to do flips pretty good. Do you think the hcp80 is good for learning inverted hovering, or should I save up some more $$$ to get a used dx6i and ncpx or mcpx. Thanks
I have bought and sold 2 DX6i (radios are like cars trade them in for new, switches ware out and technology get old)
I really like my X-6S it feels to me just as good as the DX6i did at a great price. I have had the back off and replaced the updated CP board and switches look as same quality as the DX6i. Yes My X-6S has exspo.

I have been practicing inverted on my 80 V1 and my v977.
My HCP100 not as durable as 80 V1 and my v977 and seems under powered.

I don’t have the H6 so cant say how it is compares. I have the HCP80, HCP100, HCP100S, HCP80 v2.
Get the HCP80 V1 its is durable and has power and replacement parts & motors are cheap. Stay clear of v2.
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Today, 06:03 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,810 Posts
Is the V977 durable?

My WNCPX flies better than my V933 and FBL80 but space is tight for the BL motor making WNCPX more difficult to maintain. I ordered a set of V977 body parts from BG before Chinese new year.. My plan is to transfer the WNCPX electronics over to a V977 body when I use up my WNCPX spares. The V977 frame should give me more space and it seems thicker than the WNCPX frame which has to rely on the LG to be rigid enough.

However when the set finally arrived last week, I found BG sent me a V966 frame instead of the V977 frame I ordered. The bag has the V977 frame SKU sticker on one side and the V966 frame part number on the other. The content is a V966 frame.

BG has just shipped out a replacement. It would take another month to get it across in the slow boat. Hope they get it right this time.

I wonder if V977 body is a good choice. At least it should be better than the HCP100/HCP100S which is quite under design in terms of main gear, probably the head too if they are similar to my HFP100 V2.