HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:03 AM
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
Cant really tell where that is i can see the spot for the servo wire but cannot see if its front or back
This photo is from the bottom. The tracing line is the dividing line between the wing and fuselage. I add a photo from thr other side.
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:54 AM
Love To Fly
United States, TN, Dandridge
Joined Mar 2013
565 Posts
Ok i see what your saying now thanks allot
MAMBA2200 is online now Find More Posts by MAMBA2200
Old Mar 19, 2015, 04:24 AM
Sweden, Halland County, Varberg
Joined May 2013
201 Posts
Hi all,just ordered this kit yesterday and need help from the experts.
Will be running it on 4s 1600mah nanotech,can't remember the c-rating,at work right now,and a 60amp turnigy plush esc.
What would be the best motor and prop combo for speed?
And do i need a new propadapter?
I would prefer ordering from hobbyking for this.
prepps is online now Find More Posts by prepps
Old Mar 19, 2015, 04:42 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepps View Post
Hi all,just ordered this kit yesterday and need help from the experts.
Will be running it on 4s 1600mah nanotech,can't remember the c-rating,at work right now,and a 60amp turnigy plush esc.
What would be the best motor and prop combo for speed?
And do i need a new propadapter?
I would prefer ordering from hobbyking for this.
Luckily for you I test flew my radjet this morning, so the info is fresh in ma head

I chose the 2836 3000kv ntm motor, running on 4s 1000's (had them in the box) and a plush 60. First i tried the 5.5x5.5 apc pusher prop, watt meter said 79 amps which is about 20 too many for the motor, so then i ran on the 4.7x4.7 graupner camspeed prop, this gave me a max amps of 67, so I keep the full throttle to short bursts and we have a ball game.

Mine was the kit version so I put a 5mm carbon tube routed into the underside, with 4 spacers on the motor mount the model balances with the pack at the front of the bay.

Speed was great and sounded good as well, packs didnt last too long so over the next few weeks I will look at upgrading to something in the 1500-1800 range.
stwilkie is offline Find More Posts by stwilkie
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:47 AM
Joined May 2013
201 Posts
Thanks for the info,im thinking of using the 2836 2350 motor to start with and add some carbon to the wings.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 01:53 AM
Joined May 2010
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwilkie View Post
Luckily for you I test flew my radjet this morning, so the info is fresh in ma head

I chose the 2836 3000kv ntm motor, running on 4s 1000's (had them in the box) and a plush 60. First i tried the 5.5x5.5 apc pusher prop, watt meter said 79 amps which is about 20 too many for the motor, so then i ran on the 4.7x4.7 graupner camspeed prop, this gave me a max amps of 67, so I keep the full throttle to short bursts and we have a ball game.

Mine was the kit version so I put a 5mm carbon tube routed into the underside, with 4 spacers on the motor mount the model balances with the pack at the front of the bay.

Speed was great and sounded good as well, packs didnt last too long so over the next few weeks I will look at upgrading to something in the 1500-1800 range.
Looks great...i have that same motor in zeta blaze which is an ultra radjet and its a beast with 4s 1800 40c 5x4 apc that was a 6x4,,, i use a 70 amp du=ertrum esc which is same as hobbywing...If you like 4s then go with 1600 to 1800 40c y0u will love it... you are going be in 115-120 mph at WOT...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Mar 22, 2015, 06:34 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
386 Posts
I ordered some 4s1600's they should be here midweek, am just stripping down a new radjet kit to paint for a friend will post some pics as i work on it this week.
stwilkie is offline Find More Posts by stwilkie
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Spring? Ever?
United States, NY, Big Flats
Joined Nov 2013
1,592 Posts
Is there a big, "official" RadJet Ultra thread somewhere? Having a hard time finding it if there is one.
BWX_ is offline Find More Posts by BWX_
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Joined May 2013
201 Posts
Found this one. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029519
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Spring? Ever?
United States, NY, Big Flats
Joined Nov 2013
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepps View Post
Thanks. Yeah I saw that, I guess I thought there would be a bigger one. Oh well!
BWX_ is offline Find More Posts by BWX_
Old Today, 11:03 AM
Switzerland, VD, Lausanne
Joined Apr 2014
109 Posts
Hello!
I finally managed to bring my heavy Radjet in the air! The setup is a 3s with 240W motor-prop combo, with a 2200 mAh battery. It's quite heavy and the CoG positioning required some modifications.

It also has a FPV camera with a 180° pan servo, a video TX, but also the DragonOSDv2+ with its GPS. It's a tiny OSD with RTH autopilot, and I thought that it would be fine. However I needed some help for the hand launch, because with this weight I need almost full throttle, and this is dodgy. So I added a separate flight stabilizer NX3, it has an attitude hold mode, which is the mode I use for take off. It became easy!

However I didn't manage to set the autopilot correctly up. While it was a breeze in a plane like the Bixler, for the Radjet some correct settings are barely able to change the plane's heading. This is inherent to the fact that his OSD doesn't know the attitude of the plane, so he manages the heading by short corrections on the ailerons, which are too slight to change the heading. And if I increase the gains too much, the Radjet simply banks over.

So I'm changing the OSD and I'll go with a tiny APM implementation (a Micro HKPilot). It shouldn't be heavier than the Dragon OSD. And I'll be able to get rid of the NX3 stabilizer as this function may be taken directly from the APM.

I'll let you know of the success of the operation, and maybe I'll post some photos too
BuBu2 is offline Find More Posts by BuBu2