HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:23 AM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Blazing nicely built glider,I see that you built the glider as a free flight RC control or do you have the E pod option? Here's mine still sitting waiting to get covered and flying. Got the areolite from BSD covering for it. I also have the power pod for it using the brushed motor from GWS. that can be installed between the wings where they join on so I can fly it RC or as a free flight RC glider. I will get this done soon and for the summer. She is a real nice design and I love the fuselage's flowing lines and curves. The wings are real retro looking .
I see yours is the RetroRC laser cut kit. That one is 36" ws I believe.
Mine is buit from the 30" ws plan and so no power pod option.
I bet yours will fly better post the completed model when you're done.
Happy landings
BlazingStar is online now Find More Posts by BlazingStar
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:52 AM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,433 Posts
It's a long working project in progress, I got so many kits and plane still to build but it will get done. The RetroRC kits is fantastic and love how it goes together. IT will get finished this summer. Do you go to a hill and give it a toss and slope fly it? I figure with the mini vapor Rx in ti and those tiny linear servos that they would be taxed just a bit in moving the control surfaces. Hope you get it out and soaring when the warm weather get s here. should glide nicely. Good job on yours too.
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:27 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada
Joined Sep 2006
6,244 Posts
RetroRC has some interesting kits!
http://retrorc.us.com/indoorrc.aspx
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
410 Posts
Has anyone built a f3p using the ar6400...... with really slow flying. Please advise on wing span, plans ,material,auw, gear....etc
romanxdsouza is offline Find More Posts by romanxdsouza
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:20 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,686 Posts
the brushed ESC wouldn't run a big enough motor.

You might be able to make it work off the brushless version, and you can have the servos closer to the surfaces that way - so less pushrod flex.
LowlyElevated is online now Find More Posts by LowlyElevated