HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Since there are so many clones out there that are the EXACT same thing as an Align,
Not to stir the pot but, so you have owned a clone & an Align? I'd be surprised, because in my experience owning both exi vs Align are worlds apart, proof's in the pudding. I don't see many people putting clone parts on their Aligns... know why? They kinda suck. Clones, relatively, LOOK exactly like an Align, that's it.

I don't totally disagree with the rest of what you said.

Cloned meat, why not... we're (individually) not that special. Wild animals eat a lot worse, and we are basically just animals.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,386 Posts
Karlik: Agreed- could you imagine if trolls were given free reign and to run wild. This place would turn into a dump And all the serious modelers would never return.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
I respect your oppinion - be it clones, Ebay (i don't buy from ebay or use paypal - ever) or whatever. I may not agree with your oppinion, but I'll agrue with anyone here who says you can't have one.
But just so we understand each other - you (or anyone else) go beyond just sharing an oppinion and move into personal attacks and intimidation- I won't hesitate to be the "weak man" and and hit that report button.
I can respect that. But why don't you leave that to the person under attack to decide? Again, i didn't read this thread so it's hard to know the full reference of what happened. Or how bad it got. Like i said, i edited my post to say so. You may not have seen that edit. Even i was offended by a remark i saw. But again, what is reporting it going to solve? Locks only keep honest people honest. Never once did a lock prevent a crook from entering. So like i said. Even if you banned him he would just come back under a different name. If it's bad enough by all means report away. Since i don't know how bad it got, it's hard to say something like i did i guess. But i don't think it accomplishes anything in the end.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:20 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Not to stir the pot but, so you have owned a clone & an Align? I'd be surprised, because in my experience owning both exi vs Align are worlds apart, proof's in the pudding. I don't see many people putting clone parts on their Aligns... know why? They kinda suck. Clones, relatively, LOOK exactly like an Align, that's it.
Again + 1 here. Ther is a huge diffrence in Align and copy cats of Align. And yes i have owned both align and clones in the 450-500 dept.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
I'll agree to that. But EXI is one of the worst clones out there. Next time try CopterX or Tarot. But Align also does not offer much more quality for the double or more that they cost. I would never own an Align, honestly. If I'm going to pay $1200 for a helicopter in the 500-600 class. I at least want it to come with better standard equipment.

I hardly see people complaining about their hybrid CX/Align DFC 250s or 450s. Tarot them self is making huge waves and impooving on Align's original designs. I don't know much about Tarot. But the CopterX 250 i did get to take a close look at. Apart from the CopterX labeling, it's nearly identical. The parts all look quality. The worst thing i can imagine it needs is better bearings. If align 250 gears had the reversed fan, i suppose they would be better. But looks about the same to me. I know 2 people flying them right now with the Align DFC head and so far. I have not heard about any issues or short service life.

I think Alzrc is a clone of some degree too? I don't know really. But they look top notch quality, but i have never held one in my hands. I did see a 600 or bigger, not sure the actual size. But i saw it assembled in a LHS here. The owner of the shop is flying it. He shelfed his gaui after a crash to build this one i think. I'm still waiting to hear back on how he likes it.

All i know is my future heli needs will be filled by Gaui, Mikado, MSH, Compass, Kasama or any other quality brand that has a reputation. If a clone happens to take the lead and become popular and build a rep. Like Tarot seems to be doing. I will consider them, if anything just so i can report how they work out in comparison.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
I can respect that. But why don't you leave that to the person under attack to decide? Again, i didn't read this thread so it's hard to know the full reference of what happened. Or how bad it got. Like i said, i edited my post to say so. You may not have seen that edit. Even i was offended by a remark i saw. But again, what is reporting it going to solve? Locks only keep honest people honest. Never once did a lock prevent a crook from entering. So like i said. Even if you banned him he would just come back under a different name. If it's bad enough by all means report away. Since i don't know how bad it got, it's hard to say something like i did i guess. But i don't think it accomplishes anything in the end.
I disagree, sure sometimes it accomplishes nothing directly but it does discourage. Because not only does one lose access to that user name, but everything tied to it. Any feedback, credit, rep or anything else that may be associated. Sure it doesn't stop him from creating a new account just for trolling, but all his history gets wiped and he has to start back over.
quikster is offline Find More Posts by quikster
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:36 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikster View Post
I disagree, sure sometimes it accomplishes nothing directly but it does discourage. Because not only does one lose access to that user name, but everything tied to it. Any feedback, credit, rep or anything else that may be associated. Sure it doesn't stop him from creating a new account just for trolling, but all his history gets wiped and he has to start back over.
I don't think a "troll" cares about that... do you?
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Now that some of his most offensive posts are hidden. I can tell you in one he called Balr14 an unemployable blind man. In another, he called Kdean a n--gg--r. Not to mention that Karlik, Brutus and others also got attacked. In another thread, he suggested that all little dogs and cats be drowned. Obviously, his posts were getting worse and worse.

No forum admin can let these sort of posts stay. Or else, he may run foul of advertisers. Personally, I think this thread has been so compromised that we should stop discussing it altogether.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
You got me on tarot I've only heard good things about them... I wish I knew about them starting out.

But exi I've always heard was one of the better cheaper clones.

Without convincing I would be hesitant to buy a tarot still, because of my lessons learned with a clone... but I hear they are on par with Align.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,909 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Take a smoke, old unemployable blind theory Man.
It went downhill a quarter of the way down the first page actually. Every post before and after that one was intended as a direct attack in order to promote his brand.

Unlike you, he does not respect other peoples opinions.

I've been to a lot of forums and quite a few of them have this... i'd have to say, elitist atmosphere that makes it difficult for a newbie to ease into it ("Google is your friend", "Use the search function moron", "Come back when you're serious", etc.). v999 strongly reminds me someone from one of those and he was bringing the same abrasive personality of those forums here.

What i found surprising in RCGroups is that it's got a newbie friendly atmosphere. Questions get answered even if it gets repetitive, telling them to use the search function is pointless since they're newbies, they don't know what to put in it and usually end up describing the problem instead (Often we get thrown off because they use the wrong terminology). The kind of patient attitude that keeps this forum active and newbie friendly needs a rather high level of tolerance. You'll find people here being considerate of both the persons skill level and his wallet.

Mac vs PC, Android vs iOS, Ford vs Toyota, CoD vs BF3, each has mouth foaming fanboys that have ruined many forums. Which i don't want to happen here. Even now, with v999 gone, this very thread has quickly toned down from a bonfire, to an actual debate.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:44 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Now that some of his most offensive posts are hidden. I can tell you in one he called Balr14 an unemployable blind person. In another, he called Kdean a n--gg--r. Also in another thread, he suggested that all little dogs and cats be drowned. Obviously, his posts were getting worse and worse.

No forum admin can let these sort of posts stay. Or else, he may run foul of advertisers. Personally, I think this thread has been so compromised that we should stop discussing it altogether.
Wow, okay so it's gotten much worse i take it. Though i can't help but think. If everyone just ignored him instead of spur him on / argue with him. The thread would have been dead a long time ago and we wouldn't still be talking about it

Maybe i'm just too idealistic.

Quote:
You got me on tarot I've only heard good things about them... I wish I knew about them starting out.

But exi I've always heard was one of the better cheaper clones.

Without convincing I would be hesitant to buy a tarot still, because of my lessons learned with a clone... but I hear they are on par with Align.
Yeah, i have to admit. If tarot makes a 700 size, i'll be eyeballing it hard. I've even been hearing good things about their electronics, namely their 3 axis ZYX gyro. I would love for someone to send me one to try out. I really have no intention of owning one. But i'd like to review one. I just can't afford to keep buying helicopters just for that cause.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,909 Posts
Quote:
Wow, okay so it's gotten much worse i take it. Though i can't help but think. If everyone just ignored him instead of spur him on / argue with him. The thread would have been dead a long time ago and we wouldn't still be talking about it

Maybe i'm just too idealistic.
Like i said in another thread, it's like preaching the merits of a brand of caviar to a bunch rednecks. He'd have gotten shot just to get him to stop spouting gibberish. Since they haven't invented a way to do that across the internet yet, they just took turns poking at him with a stick to watch him squeal. The rest of us watched the entertainment.

Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:59 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
It went downhill a quarter of the way down the first page actually. Every post before and after that one was intended as a direct attack in order to promote his brand.

Unlike you, he does not respect other peoples opinions.

I've been to a lot of forums and quite a few of them have this... i'd have to say, elitist atmosphere that makes it difficult for a newbie to ease into it ("Google is your friend", "Use the search function moron", "Come back when you're serious", etc.). v999 strongly reminds me someone from one of those and he was bringing the same abrasive personality of those forums here.

What i found surprising in RCGroups is that it's got a newbie friendly atmosphere. Questions get answered even if it gets repetitive, telling them to use the search function is pointless since they're newbies, they don't know what to put in it and usually end up describing the problem instead (Often we get thrown off because they use the wrong terminology). The kind of patient attitude that keeps this forum active and newbie friendly needs a rather high level of tolerance. You'll find people here being considerate of both the persons skill level and his wallet.

Mac vs PC, Android vs iOS, Ford vs Toyota, CoD vs BF3, each has mouth foaming fanboys that have ruined many forums. Which i don't want to happen here. Even now, with v999 gone, this very thread has quickly toned down from a bonfire, to an actual debate.

I can see, it obviously got worse then i thought. Your right, you can't just let people run rampant. But i honestly think everyone is just missing the guiding principal. If he is actually a "troll" then think about it like this. Your only giving him the attention he is looking for. You ban him, he will be back as someone else still pushing his beliefs. Lets not forget that beliefs are what most wars are fought over. So most people don't simply give up. Thats assuming his only intention is to annoy.

Like i said, i'm probably too idealistic for this..

Anyway, about what you said about this particular forum. The "newbie" presence here is why i actually post here and ignore HF most of the time. Sure, i may not always get MY questions answered. Probably because most of the time if i'm stumped these days the problem is FAR to technical for the majority of the frequenters here. But as for myself. I am one of those people that does not mind answering the same question 5 million times. As long as i know i helped 5 million people. Or something like that. I suppose my motivation and his are similar but our approach is VERY different. I honestly think somewhere in v999, he wants to have people avoid poorly made crap and i think Clones just kind of rub him the wrong way. I think there may be some positive motive there. But i think he becomes to passionate about his feelings and others.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
Frankly I don't give a what you fly, or what your oppinion is of what I fly.
I still like this post the best...ha
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:07 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I still like this post the best...ha
isn't that from gone with the wind or something?