HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
can different brand 4 ch controllers sinc up to different brand fixed pitch helis?

i've seen that the dh 9116 controller will sync up to the wl toys v911 helis so i was wondering if other brands will do the same? i read walkera wont that they need a devo controller. i have a 2.4g 4channel from litehawk that i thought might sync to my 9166 but havent been able to get it to go. mostly im just curios as the 9116's controller looks to be the better controller. any info on syncing the 9116's to a v911 heli would be appreciated to. thanks.
baileymik is offline Find More Posts by baileymik
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,747 Posts
Usually most TX/RX combos must be of the same manufacturer. The two you mentioned are probably just rebranded controllers made by the same company. You can't, for instance, bind a Horizon Hobby Blade TX to an Align T-Rex heli.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
copy that thanks for the info. i'm hoping the dh9166 tx does sync to the v911 would save me a little money since i can only fly one at a time. thank you for the reply.
baileymik is offline Find More Posts by baileymik
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:49 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
Quote:
You can't, for instance, bind a Horizon Hobby Blade TX to an Align T-Rex heli.
Most Align helis are actually sold in ARF/kit form, so you're able to use any radio you want with them. It's the receiver that matters, not the heli itself.

Since most of these newer RTF 2.4GHz micros on the market have all the components (ESCs, receiver, gyro etc.) on one board, you can't use different brands' transmitters with different helis unless they're the same radio, e.g. the exact same electronics in rebranded helicopters. 2.4GHz radios from different brands each have their own unique transmission protocol or "language" that others can't understand.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
139 Posts
Hi baileymik, I just tested the 9116 controller with Flysky receiver and they can bind. I have tested both R6B and R8B, both of them can bind to 9116 controller. I have a Flysky TH9x but I would just like to use it to fly my Hausler 450 heli and Skyartec Cessna 182. In addition, I have double horse 9116 and H-King Atom mini glider as well so I would like to use my 9116 controller to fly these two smaller birds.

And yes, the controller looks much better than some generic 4 channel transmitters and can support more on-board settings. The only concern is about the range since it didn't do well with the 9116 heli when it was about 20 meters high. However, I am not sure if it's beacuse the antenna on 9116's PCB is too short or the controller is not powerful enough.

I hope it helps.
neosunrise is offline Find More Posts by neosunrise