HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,225 Posts
To stay off topic for a moment; Eric, I too got caught crawling through the grass taking pics of the new Hawker Hunters at Cranfield, First we knew was the hot breath of a German Shepherd! They also gave us a drink and a basic don't ever do this again, yanked open the camera, unspooled the film and sent us on our way -- we had biked 12 miles for those pics!
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Love it.....and it was Blue Steel.....Northumberland....just up the road from the very spot I am sat right now!
Damn Scott I am missing your ugly mug on the latest hobbyking daily's, have a good well deserved holiday,
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:20 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Damn Scott I am missing your ugly mug on the latest hobbyking daily's, have a good well deserved holiday,
Don't listen to him Scott, you're a fetchingly handsome devil, and I don't even like dudes! Plus, you're a most excellent presenter. I like your mug and would be sad if you didn't continue to produce at least 3 or 4 videos per week. Keep up the good work!
Jabberwocky_ is online now Find More Posts by Jabberwocky_
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:53 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,577 Posts
Lol......thank you guys....hoping to "see" you all soon.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
To stay off topic for a moment; Eric, I too got caught crawling through the grass taking pics of the new Hawker Hunters at Cranfield, First we knew was the hot breath of a German Shepherd! They also gave us a drink and a basic don't ever do this again, yanked open the camera, unspooled the film and sent us on our way -- we had biked 12 miles for those pics!
I am always amazed (A Geordie would say "it's a mazah!) with coincidences. I remember that theScampton MP's asked me where I lived. I told them 58 Park Road etc. At first the lead MP did not believe me. Turned out that back in Northumberland we had just moved into the very same house where he had lived as a young man. I had ony been living there a couple of months.

I should have figured out something early , because he was the only one who understood my, as yet, uncorrupted accent, and I understood him. Lincoln folk still sound wierd to me. Me Ducks! etc.... My accent was so thick that when I went to London to live and work they would not know when I had finished telling a joke. Later on I became the official translator for "When the boat comes in" in my loacl pub in Kent. Charged them a beer or two for my services :-)

My late Father-in-law was in Lancasters. He did a full tour, 1000 bomber raid over Berlin, and received the DFC personally from the King. They had a bomb stuck in the bomb bay, so he hack-sawed it free and kicked it out. This let them close the bomb bay doors. On another mission he also had to bail out on returning to Britain to ligthen the load as they were running out of engines.

He jumped out into the pitch black night air. Instead of counting to five he pulled his parachute cord too soon. This resulted in some very rapid decelleration. This caused his flying boots to be flung off. He could not see the earth and was surprised when he finally landed softly in a cabbage patch field. He was immediately surounded by home guard with no bullets in their old rifles.He ws issued with the latest fleece leind boots and had to sleep with them in case they "walked".

The footnote to this story is that the British TV did a documentory on that crew in, the 60's, that made it all of the way through tthe war and were all still alive and in touch after all of those years. It was in black and white and called, "If I don't come back, have a drink on me!"

What was cool was seeing how each crew member took a civilian job that was akin to their role in the lanc. The tail ginner was a policeman, the wireless and radar operator a TV/washing machine repair man, the captain a flight instructor, the engineer a production manager at Ford.

OK southenah- Scott, "Wares me VIXIN???????" -- Ah can rambell more if ye divn't meck sharp!!! (I can write a book if you don't hurry up!)

There is my wedding in Lincoln castle, and all my tales of living in Herts, Kent and Hants--MA, NJ, MD, DC and NV. Then 22 years of playing rugby without a helmet----Start shippin marra!

For the non-North-East-coast of England, a Geordie does not just speak with an accent, he also has his own language......that no body else understands...it varies from village to village depending on the local industry.

Test.
- what does "Gannan oot by" mean?
- What is a "Gallowah"?
- What are Whippet Strides?
- What does "Var nye cowped ya creels?"

First prize is a ZEFFAH shipped by Scott in exchange for many pictures of dead US presidents :-)

Regards,

ex-pat Evl-1
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
Hey Scott how does it feel to be one of the most popular man in this hobby, It seems since you have been away the projects look like they have slowed down.

Still no mk24 spit or sea vixen and as for the up coming durafly's not a peep.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:35 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,577 Posts
I am trying to get an ETA on both, projects are moving on, believe me! More news on those also soon.

Geordie....yeah, a language all of it's own! Here in sunny (ho, ho, ho) Cumbria....accents are equally strange, prize of no particular significance if somebody can tell me what a "gadgie" is! No, maybe not......sorry, way off topic!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:38 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,554 Posts
Sounds Like an old man
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:29 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,644 Posts
An old man in my neck of the woods (Norfolk) is an old codger and i'd hate to say what i think a gadgie is but at a guess i'd say gadget,i'm sure some one will enlighten us to what it means though.

Off topic.

Had some more fun with the Durafly Vampire over the weekend but not so much with the wind makers JB-10 EDF,there CoG must of been way off because as soon as i threw her up in 15/20mph winds she went into a high alpha (not good), when i got her level i thought the wind must of got it,so i gave her some more throttle same again (high alpha) but this time when i tried to get her level she came in nose first,this was all going on about 5/6 foot off the ground lol,damage was nose was all over the place hanging on in bits and the canopy came right off.
All glued back together apart from the canopy as i'm waiting on a parcel from HK,which has the great looking major bird pilot in as well as a few other odds and sods i need,so once that comes i can put major bird in it and then we will try another maiden flight but this time i think i have balanced it properly and NOT tail heavy.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:04 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
I am always amazed (A Geordie would say "it's a mazah!) with coincidences. I remember that theScampton MP's asked me where I lived. I told them 58 Park Road etc. At first the lead MP did not believe me. Turned out that back in Northumberland we had just moved into the very same house where he had lived as a young man. I had ony been living there a couple of months.

I should have figured out something early , because he was the only one who understood my, as yet, uncorrupted accent, and I understood him. Lincoln folk still sound wierd to me. Me Ducks! etc.... My accent was so thick that when I went to London to live and work they would not know when I had finished telling a joke. Later on I became the official translator for "When the boat comes in" in my loacl pub in Kent. Charged them a beer or two for my services :-)

My late Father-in-law was in Lancasters. He did a full tour, 1000 bomber raid over Berlin, and received the DFC personally from the King. They had a bomb stuck in the bomb bay, so he hack-sawed it free and kicked it out. This let them close the bomb bay doors. On another mission he also had to bail out on returning to Britain to ligthen the load as they were running out of engines.

He jumped out into the pitch black night air. Instead of counting to five he pulled his parachute cord too soon. This resulted in some very rapid decelleration. This caused his flying boots to be flung off. He could not see the earth and was surprised when he finally landed softly in a cabbage patch field. He was immediately surounded by home guard with no bullets in their old rifles.He ws issued with the latest fleece leind boots and had to sleep with them in case they "walked".

The footnote to this story is that the British TV did a documentory on that crew in, the 60's, that made it all of the way through tthe war and were all still alive and in touch after all of those years. It was in black and white and called, "If I don't come back, have a drink on me!"

What was cool was seeing how each crew member took a civilian job that was akin to their role in the lanc. The tail ginner was a policeman, the wireless and radar operator a TV/washing machine repair man, the captain a flight instructor, the engineer a production manager at Ford.

OK southenah- Scott, "Wares me VIXIN???????" -- Ah can rambell more if ye divn't meck sharp!!! (I can write a book if you don't hurry up!)

There is my wedding in Lincoln castle, and all my tales of living in Herts, Kent and Hants--MA, NJ, MD, DC and NV. Then 22 years of playing rugby without a helmet----Start shippin marra!

For the non-North-East-coast of England, a Geordie does not just speak with an accent, he also has his own language......that no body else understands...it varies from village to village depending on the local industry.

Test.
- what does "Gannan oot by" mean?
- What is a "Gallowah"?
- What are Whippet Strides?
- What does "Var nye cowped ya creels?"

First prize is a ZEFFAH shipped by Scott in exchange for many pictures of dead US presidents :-)

Regards,

ex-pat Evl-1
I used to belong to the Waveny Model Flying club. We used to fly at Ellough aerodrome near Beccles Suffolk England. I do belive the Lanc tailgunner you mentioned belonged to our club. His name is Bob Howes.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,298 Posts
Test & answers.

- what does "Gannan oot by" mean? this comes from mining villages where you went and stood out by the cage that hauled men up an down the shaft to the mine tunnels. It simply means "I am Leaving".

- What is a "Gallowah"? A horse!

- What are Whippet Strides? Strides are trousers. These ones were originally fashioned from dog skins.

- What does "Var nye cowped ya creels?" Rhyming slang is not unique to Londoners. Creels would go with heels and mean, 'Be careful you nearly tripped!"

A gadge in my land would be a gadge-falage - a bloke!

Deek at yon bary bint - would be chek that out--usually a woman...

Quite often villages would not totally understand each other.

My accent is a mess theses days, what with Boston and Philly/Jersey for 30 years added to Geordie and London..I even get taken for Australian....Gazooks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:30 PM
Down Under--deep down under
Joined Jun 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
My accent is a mess theses days, what with Boston and Philly/Jersey for 30 years added to Geordie and London..I even get taken for Australian....Gazooks!
Woodenappenere
Terry J is offline Find More Posts by Terry J
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry J View Post
Woodenappenere
I dunno mate-- 6'4", 18 st 13lbs (265lbs), 22 years of rugby, drank my beer in Forsters tubes and I eat my young!!! Also I know where you hide the ball and chain..could easily be an Aussie???

Up and under time.......
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:32 AM
Down Under--deep down under
Joined Jun 2011
81 Posts
That explains why you're into Vixens, Eric
Terry J is offline Find More Posts by Terry J
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:44 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
1,945 Posts
off topic accents

Quote:
Test & answers.

- what does "Gannan oot by" mean? this comes from mining villages where you went and stood out by the cage that hauled men up an down the shaft to the mine tunnels. It simply means "I am Leaving".

- What is a "Gallowah"? A horse!

- What are Whippet Strides? Strides are trousers. These ones were originally fashioned from dog skins.

- What does "Var nye cowped ya creels?" Rhyming slang is not unique to Londoners. Creels would go with heels and mean, 'Be careful you nearly tripped!"

A gadge in my land would be a gadge-falage - a bloke!

Deek at yon bary bint - would be chek that out--usually a woman...

Quite often villages would not totally understand each other.

Eric, I have been in Australia for longer than you have been in the US of A and they are hopeless here with accents..I've been taken for Irish many times..to be sure...to be sure...My family we farmers..not miners..They lived in the "farm house cottage" aboot 5ft from the road...and every day the army trucks from Otterburn would shake the house..I washed in a galv. bath and the toilet butted onto the road..so night cart could empty it..hehe..Belsey is still open ..google it..only thing gone is the big fishpond in centre of village.

Now..Scotty...Where the ....is that promised.. Sea Vixen..hehe
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Closed Thread