HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:12 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
Thanks a ton dude I appreiate that. I'm not sure but I think the iFlight iPower 2217Q 880kv Motors might be my best pick. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...ushless/Detail

Do you think these motors will mount right onto the HT-FPV?

And then these ESC's: iFlight iPeaka 30A ESC with SimonK Firmware. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...30A-ESC/Detail

and then the 4 to 1 Power Harness - Male Deans to 3.5mm Bullet Connectors.

Think this will work well?
That setup should work, I sell those same motors and escs. You'll probably want to run 10" props on 3s or go 4s on 9"-10".
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:53 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Chinese Farmer Builds "Flying Saucer"

I though I would share this with the multi-rotor community. Too funny but this looks like the most dangerous thing you could possibly build. Just watch it slam at the end. Have a good weekend y'all!

Chinese farmer builds flying saucer - مزارع صيني يبني صحن طائر (6 min 33 sec)

Famous last words- "Should've used Loctite..."
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
HT-FPV very - HELP

Hello guys,

I've recently bought an HT-FPV frame and today finally I've built it up. This is my config:

HT-FPV Frame CAMO
T-Motors 900KV
Graupner Props 10x5
DJI OPTO 30A ESC
3S LIPO Battery
NAZA Controller
AR9020 Spektrum Rx & DX18 Spektrum Tx

I have a Frame wheel before HT-FPV and it fly great stable even the first time I used it with default gains but HT-FPV is hard to control (ATI mode)... when I try to hover and hold altitude it goes to the right and does not keep still...

As well, when I try to rudder then it seems gone crazy and went unstable at all.

I dont know what to do...please I need some help because I've seen that frame flying right but I can't.

Thanks a lot
ozues34 is offline Find More Posts by ozues34
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozues34 View Post
Hello guys,

I've recently bought an HT-FPV frame and today finally I've built it up. This is my config:

HT-FPV Frame CAMO
T-Motors 900KV
Graupner Props 10x5
DJI OPTO 30A ESC
3S LIPO Battery
NAZA Controller
AR9020 Spektrum Rx & DX18 Spektrum Tx

I have a Frame wheel before HT-FPV and it fly great stable even the first time I used it with default gains but HT-FPV is hard to control (ATI mode)... when I try to hover and hold altitude it goes to the right and does not keep still...

As well, when I try to rudder then it seems gone crazy and went unstable at all.

I dont know what to do...please I need some help because I've seen that frame flying right but I can't.

Thanks a lot
I've read about CG of this frame but I dont know if it could be the problem or maybe the NAZA controller location on frame....
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,904 Posts
ozues: I'd guess it is not the Naza, but maybe a wiring or setting on your transmitter. Also make sure you are setup in X mode and not "+". Check all your servo plugs to make sure they are in the correct slots of your Rx and the Naza.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
668 Posts
You have to set the distance from COG on DJI stuff in cm. Have you measured it correctly?
p0st4L is online now Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Glmccready I've checked all connections and my quad is in mode X. One time I plugged wrong Esc to naza and just flipped over. My quad just flies but so unstable. I've noticed that it's so weight on the back (long legs side) and CG is a little bit more forward than center

P0st4l I didn't do that...do you mean measuring to know where to put the naza on HtFPV? I put it without measure anything.... What should I do?

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Glmccready I've checked all connections and my quad is in mode X. One time I plugged wrong Esc to naza and just flipped over. My quad just flies but so unstable. I've noticed that it's so weight on the back (long legs side) and CG is a little bit more forward than center

P0st4l I didn't do that...do you mean measuring to know where to put the naza on HtFPV? I put it without measure anything.... What should I do?

Thanks
I don't use naza GPS, just FC
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
668 Posts
I had a DJI WKM, so i assume it's setup kind of the same. You have to measure where the IMU is in relation to the COG on the X, Y, & Z axi
p0st4L is online now Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0st4L View Post
I had a DJI WKM, so i assume it's setup kind of the same. You have to measure where the IMU is in relation to the COG on the X, Y, & Z axi
NAZA FC has not integrated GPS so this config section is not available for me. If you buy GPS upgrade then you can assing X, Y, Z
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:33 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Correct those values are only relevant for the GPS.

You should probably post some pics of your setup. Video of it flying would be ideal too. Did you calibrate your rx/tx in the software and validate the inputs are showing as expected?
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:54 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Could be your tx calibration in the Naza Assistant. I would check that first. Gains shouldn't make that big of a difference unless it's windy. Both Naza systems I have tend to drift a little in ATTI mode but nothing problematic.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
The CoG for this frame is a little behind where the center plates meet the rear arms, so this is also where you should try to balance your weight. Also try to get your Naza close as possible to this. Mine is mounted a little behind center, since I still had to leave room for the battery. So, adjust these first, then try increasing your yaw gains. You can go pretty high without oscillation, but if too low, the HT-FPV will "tail wag".
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:28 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,432 Posts
sorry for the delay of pics but heres how my frame looks.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:38 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,294 Posts
Some pics...

So here are the most recent pics i have of my ht-fpv quad....

Crashed it into a very large tree yesterday...had to leave it overnight and go back for it today...had all the right equipment to retrieve it...but never needed it!! the quad had fell down to a spot where i could just reach up and grab it!!

minimal damage...2 props, my flight battery and fpv battery and also lost my clover leaf for the vtx....
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE