HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2011, 07:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, PA, Grove City
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings View Post
Fantastic build!!...hows the flight testing coming along?

I am also building a Rotodyne but not on the scale of yours.
I am taking a different approach and have built a simple 'test bed', once proved I have a set of scale ABS moulds that will be added around the skinny fuselage etc.
These moulds are from a guy called Jim Morely who built a very successful heli version 20 odd years ago.
Here is a video of his, I tried to convert it off an old vhs tape and its a bit 'fast' but you can see how he went about things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPzoEcIRsPI

I have started testing mine and have had to make lots of adjustments, but slowly I am getting there. I have stuck with a 3 bladed head for testing as I know this head works. Once Im happy I will fabricate a scale 4 blader up....well thats the plan!!

Heres a video taken yesterday, towards the end of the video I did manage a king of controlled flight but my batteries were running low.
If I can manage to get this thing to fly I can give you all my hangles and dangles to help you if you want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woz9fz2dXiU

Regards Rich
Really nice model in the first video. Always have a great respect for those who engineer models with features like this one.

Turn up the volume on the first video and you will also be able to hear the narrator Jabba the Hut.
Onna Vakkation is offline Find More Posts by Onna Vakkation
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8 Posts
Re; Jim Morely; sadly he has died, but his model is in the Yorkshire Air Museum near Doncaster
Draywood402 is offline Find More Posts by Draywood402