HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
I just cut my FFF bug. Will see how it flys.
Where do you find FFF? Can't seem to find it Cal.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2014, 01:25 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Where do you find FFF? Can't seem to find it Cal.
Lowes sells FFF but I think they are out of stock
boa2110 is online now Find More Posts by boa2110
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:21 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Lowes sells FFF but I think they are out of stock
They don't sell it in frekofonia.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Oct 15, 2014, 06:49 PM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
Anyone know how to wire the BUG servos to the receiver and radio. Thanks RON
darticus is online now Find More Posts by darticus
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
I have a 2nd generation DX6 radio. How do I get this Bug set up in the menu on the DX6? I have had this working years ago with a DX7 so I don't want to pull servo plugs off the receiver as it worked on the DX7. I did bind it so that as far as I got. Thanks Ron
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:24 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2003
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
I have a 2nd generation DX6 radio. How do I get this Bug set up in the menu on the DX6? I have had this working years ago with a DX7 so I don't want to pull servo plugs off the receiver as it worked on the DX7. I did bind it so that as far as I got. Thanks Ron
Setup the TX as elevons for wing type - I just set one up today on a DX9.
Flyindy is offline Find More Posts by Flyindy
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:48 PM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
Thanks for getting back.
I flew this about 6 years ago on my DX7 but I'm getting old and forgot how to set it up. dX7 was sold. I just got a new DX6 radio and I'm using 6 YEAR old batteries that are taking a charge but when connected everything just shakes. Servos just fluttering. I have the AR6100E Receiver and have it binded. The servos are connected right to elev and left to ail. Rudder to rudder. In the DX6 I set under Aircraft type- wing to Elevon. Tail set to Normal. Thats all I did. Should that do it? If thats all I have to do it must be bad battery. I'm waiting for batteries to get here. Is there anything else to set? I know I will have to set high and low rates but don't know where to do that either. Can you help??? Trying to get back after 7 years. Thanks Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy View Post
Setup the TX as elevons for wing type - I just set one up today on a DX9.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:06 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2003
88 Posts
You may need to set servo direction then subtrim to get everything going in the right direction and lined up. Then setup the dual rate and exponential. You might also want to setup a throttle cut so the motor won't fireup by mistake when working on the setup. All the menus to do this are explained in the manual. You can also setup a voice prompt to tell you your switch positions.
Flyindy is offline Find More Posts by Flyindy
Old Oct 15, 2014, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
You sure sound like you know your stuff but I don't follow anything you said. Tooo confusing for an old timer. I have all the servos set the way they were when I flew this on my DX7. I set the wing to Elevon. Isn't there anything you can tell me that I might understand?
I might have got it but it seems like servos are fluttering. Can servo be fixed ? Thanks Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy View Post
You may need to set servo direction then subtrim to get everything going in the right direction and lined up. Then setup the dual rate and exponential. You might also want to setup a throttle cut so the motor won't fireup by mistake when working on the setup. All the menus to do this are explained in the manual. You can also setup a voice prompt to tell you your switch positions.
Last edited by darticus; Oct 15, 2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Dec 2007
54 Posts
Quote:
You sure sound like you know your stuff but I don't follow anything you said. Tooo confusing for an old timer. I have all the servos set the way they were when I flew this on my DX7. I set the wing to Elevon. Isn't there anything you can tell me that I might understand?
I might have got it but it seems like servos are fluttering. Can servo be fixed ? Thanks Ron
FWIW from another antique:
Not any kind of expert but one thing does come to mind... How good ARE the batteries? Are they actually taking/holding a charge? Servo flutter is usually a sign of low power. Does the motor spin up to full speed under load? !BEWARE OF THE PROP WHEN CHECKING!!! Guess how I learned That lesson.
HELPLIS
HELPLIS is offline Find More Posts by HELPLIS
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:16 AM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
I now have learned your lesson! It may be poor batteries. New Batteries coming soon. I think its right now. Only flutter and the up down is backwards and have to set rates somehow high and low. Thanks Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPLIS View Post
FWIW from another antique:
Not any kind of expert but one thing does come to mind... How good ARE the batteries? Are they actually taking/holding a charge? Servo flutter is usually a sign of low power. Does the motor spin up to full speed under load? !BEWARE OF THE PROP WHEN CHECKING!!! Guess how I learned That lesson.
HELPLIS
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
I think I have everything set correctly. I did something to turn off the beep when the plane connects. I used to here a beep beep when the plane and radio were in sync after about 10 seconds after plugging in the motor, but now it doesn't sound. Did I somehow tell it not to do this in the radio? Thanks Ron
Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:48 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
406 Posts
Quote:
I think I have everything set correctly. I did something to turn off the beep when the plane connects. I used to here a beep beep when the plane and radio were in sync after about 10 seconds after plugging in the motor, but now it doesn't sound. Did I somehow tell it not to do this in the radio? Thanks Ron
When using a new radio it is good idea to reprogram the throttle range on the electronic speed control(ESC). This is usually done by putting the throttle to full and the connecting the battery to the ESC. Wait for a beep then go to low throttle and another beep will indicate the range is set. Do this with prop off
boa2110 is online now Find More Posts by boa2110
Old Oct 17, 2014, 07:39 AM
Joined Mar 2007
866 Posts
Good tip will do. Thanks Ron

Quote:
When using a new radio it is good idea to reprogram the throttle range on the electronic speed control(ESC). This is usually done by putting the throttle to full and the connecting the battery to the ESC. Wait for a beep then go to low throttle and another beep will indicate the range is set. Do this with prop off