HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:40 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Sep 2013
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerr74 View Post
Yellow was my choice as well. Good call. I strongly recommend switching out the rear end servos with metal gear ones. It takes a matter of minutes and is a good preventative plane saver. I also replaced the screws that mount the motor to the firewall with longer bolts that go through the firewall, and through the epoxy - foam plywood sandwich behind the mount. Nice and snug with nuts.

The stock prop is notorious for being out of balance, and the spinner is too. Lots of guys replaced the spinner. Not me though. Definitely like the Xoar 13x6.5 prop.

Tossed the pants and installed big 3" dubros although not necessary at all.

Start with the battery around where I showed in the picture and move back from there as you get used to it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...47185&page=224

I use dual rates of 75% low and 100% high. Both with 20% expo. I maidened on low then clicked to high ten seconds in and never went back. Although I don't have the Sbach, I'm going to get it and have been doing my research. The pitts will not glide as far as the Sbach because it's got more drag. I've not experienced any odd torque or bad tendencies. It can be flown rather tame, or can be handled aggressively with no worries.

Leaf through the pitts thread for more stories and others experiences. Feel free to ask me any specific questions as they come up. I've got a decent amount of stick time on this plane.
Thanks again Miller! I'm making a "wish list" at Motion RC for Christmas.... For myself... Thanks again man! I will subscribe to the thread
FoamFlyer32 is online now Find More Posts by FoamFlyer32
to remove ads between posts