838 Posts
OK so my batteries are fine.. For the old ones damn dji
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:41 PM
Joined Sep 2014
45 Posts
only a thought

Ghostermaster is it possible to go back to your last computer backup and reinstall the software without going on line. Like i said only a thought.
billy vee is online now Find More Posts by billy vee
Old Today, 04:16 PM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy vee View Post
Ghostermaster is it possible to go back to your last computer backup and reinstall the software without going on line. Like i said only a thought.
Firmware its not hold locally, its on DJI servers, no you cant go back without them let you do it.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Today, 04:29 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2013
115 Posts
Was on Instagram today and came across these photos that someone tagged as a Phantom 3. Not sure it's legit as the box looks the same as the Phantom 2 so it might be photoshoped but the drone looks like it as some forward facing sensors on it.
Vegas_Sirk is offline Find More Posts by Vegas_Sirk
Old Today, 04:34 PM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
Was on Instagram today and came across these photos that someone tagged as a Phantom 3. Not sure it's legit as the box looks the same as the Phantom 2 so it might be photoshoped but the drone looks like it as some forward facing sensors on it.
Photoshop 100% sure, its a phantom 2.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Today, 05:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Nov 2013
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
restart the phantom after any update.
I eventually discovered that now fine. Apart from the FPV!
flycatchers is online now Find More Posts by flycatchers
Old Today, 05:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Nov 2013
143 Posts
No image from FPV

Perhaps not the right forum but will try here as well!
My new P2 has a Thunderbolt 1000mw transmitter installed along with the IOSD mini. I have installed the H3 3D and fitted my Go Pro Hero 3 Black. After checking all the connections and not switching on until I fitted the Boscam cloud spirit aerials.

When I first tried the FPV via the Boscam monitor I only got static. When I switched the monitor off and back on I got a fairly clear image for about 30 secs and them it broke up. As the monitor was not fully charged I left it to charge and tried again. I got a fairly good image with a little interference. But again after about 20 secs it blanked out to static and has not come back! All tests indoors with monitor about three feet from craft. Any ideas? This is my first time with a FPV setup.

Also noticed the Thunderbolt was getting quite hot and was noisy (not just fan) Though most of that I think is vibration as if I remove it from the velcro its just the fan noise. Could it be overheating and cutting out?

cheers

bill
flycatchers is online now Find More Posts by flycatchers
Old Today, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2014
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft View Post
Does anyone here have any cold weather advise BASED ON EXPERIENCE for flying the P2 w/3D in temps less than 30 degrees? Obviously keep the battery warm until you fly, but what else? I've thought about covering some or all of the vents with tape - any thoughts on that?

TIA!
I flew 2 batteries the other day for 13 minutes each at 29 degrees F with no problems except cold hands.
gary714 is online now Find More Posts by gary714
Old Today, 06:39 PM
Joined Sep 2014
45 Posts
Light bridge info needed

As the holiday season gets near , My girls ask me what car parts I want this year they added drone parts so i would like to get the light bridge also do i need to add the mark II . Does any one have first hand experience with It. Its 1300.00 dollar option how good is it .
billy vee
billy vee is online now Find More Posts by billy vee
Old Today, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2014
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaniels View Post
This used to happen to me frequently.
What I do different now:

Begin with the obvious - Format the card.
I don't delete recordings on a regular basis.
I try to fill the card as much as I can within reason.
When the card is 60% full or so I then copy what I want to a hard drive.
Then delete all the data and Format the card again.

Adding and deleting data or overwriting data without formatting I think messes with the memory card. I'm no expert on this but since I started using this system I have not had my Gopro stop recording now with hours and hours of flight recording.
I normally fly 3 or 4 batteries and download to computer and format. Doesn't seem to help. Been using the card recommended but recently got theSanDisc Extreme Plus 32mb. Weather too bad to try it though. Hope that solves the problem. Thanks for the feedback.
gary714 is online now Find More Posts by gary714
Old Today, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2013
51 Posts
Lightbridge help please

I'm hoping someone can come up with some suggestions to get my brand new Phantom 2 V2 and Lightbridge set-up working. I had over 100 successful flights on my original Phantom 2 using my Futaba 14SG controller, so I'm familiar with the Phantom platform. I'll be using the same 14SG with the new set-up.

I've successfully updated both ends of the Lightbridge system and calibrated the RC, but can't get the motors to spin up. I have steady green lights on both the ground and flight Lightbridge components, and the gimbal control functions just fine. However, there's no movement showing on the controls in the Lightbridge Assistant. The RF transmit for the Futaba is off and the trainer cord is connected to the Lightbridge ground station.

Other than the Lightbridge manual, are there any comprehensive set-up instructions online for the Phantom 2 and Lightbridge specifically relating to the final set-up procedures?

Thanks in advance!
jlindh is online now Find More Posts by jlindh