HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2008
73 Posts
Help!
Hybrid- f3j

Any assistance in this matter would greatly be appreciated. At one time I was an advid sailplane flyer, slope soaring, scale, T/D ,contests and general flying. However since moving to Lumberton,Tx a town 98 miles est northeast of Houston from Colorado, I have been flying helicopters, planes and ducted fan jets. Here recently I opened a box containing a brand new Hybrid f3j sailplane and has got me thinking about flying it. I have had it for about 7 yrs in the box, without a thought about it. Here is what I have, Its called the Hybrid and at the time it was available for purchase thru Kennedy composits or thru NSP. It is 121 in span. The center wing panel is moulded with flaps, The outer panels are a composit weave of kevlar ( yellow ) and carbon ( black) cloth that makes up the outer wing panel, from leading edge to the main carbon spar. It starts at the bottom of the spar and wraps around the leading edge towards the spar on top of the wing panel. The rest of the wing panel has contest grade balsa ribs capped with carbon. It has a slip on nose cone and from where the wing bolts to the fuselage ( 3 Bolts) at the trailing edge of the flap where it meets the fuselage is the same carbon kevlar weave that goes from that point to where the V tail attaches itself to the fuse. The tails are fully moulded. The outer wing panels have Ailerons and the actual part that moves is also fully moulded. The question is..... Is this sailplane still competetive today? I know you can spend a small fortune on a fully moulded ship, that is current in technology. If anyone has any information about this rare bird please post on this thread. I would like to know airfoil ? how it handles in the air, and any experiances you may have with this bird. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT!
Thanking you in advance
Mike
PS Will try to upload photos of this sailplane on this thread tonight.
fireblade47 is offline Find More Posts by fireblade47
Last edited by fireblade47; Oct 25, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,978 Posts
As this was a competition plane, you may get more responses if you post in the "Multi Task F3X" section..

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Oct 2008
73 Posts
Thank you, will try that too
fireblade47 is offline Find More Posts by fireblade47