HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2014, 07:00 AM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
302 Posts
The servos look to be digital so the PWM setting should be fine at 10ms. As a test you can try to change this to 15 to see if it makes any difference. Can you also separate the gyro from the aircraft to check if vibration is a factor? Are you mounting the gyro on some sort of foam anti-vibration mounting?
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:59 AM
South Africa, Free State, Sasolburg
Joined May 2010
205 Posts
I have changed the settings without any improvement, I also isolated the gyro by removing it from the aircraft and just holding it by hand. It is a turbine aircraft, so vibration is minimal. I also noticed that the surfaces would twitch every 20 sec or so even with the gyro off. I am using a powerbox evolution, so the the gyro is between the rx and the inputs of the powerbox. I am using 2 6.6v life batt connected to the powerbox. BTW the gyro is mounted on two sided foam tape about a millimeter thick.
jacojet is offline Find More Posts by jacojet
Old Nov 07, 2014, 11:49 AM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
302 Posts
ok, so the gyro is getting 6.6v input right? Some amount of twitching is normal. You can also increase the level of averaging if you like - from the prof 2 tab page (centre) but this will slow down the speed at which the gyro can react to changes needed.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 01:52 PM
Joined May 2010
205 Posts
Hi, sorry for being absent for a while! The power is regulated at 5.8 volts. I am afraid the amount of twitching is quite a lot and will surely cause the aircraft to move in the most unexpected manner! I will not risk the jet by flying it under these conditions. I have replaced the ice-man with a eagle tree guardian for now, but will be trying the ice-man in a less expensive aircraft first. If I should re-mount the ice-man in this jet and it behaves the same, I will make some video and show you what it looks like. Maybe then you will be more able to make suggestions. Thanks for the advice and support so far!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:15 AM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
302 Posts
Does the deflection issue occur on all servos? If on all, at the same time? Can you see if the jittering happens at 5v? And do you have the most up to date f/w installed?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 02:52 PM
Joined May 2010
205 Posts
Hi Ice-man, the deflection occur on the servos connected to the gyro, and at the same time, the flaps and retract servo does not move. It is very weird that the deflection only occurs when the turbine is running? There is some twitching every 20 or so seconds when the turbine is not running, but with it running the servos goes crazy! The voltage is regulated at 5.8 volts, not sure if I can change it.