HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,761 Posts
Good to hear from ya Mopar!!..Sounds like you got things under control!..Glad ya didn't lose everything!

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok bud, hopefully things will fall into place sooner rather than later.

Be safe!

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
thrust angle issue

i thik im having a thrust angle issue . and maybe some one here can help. the ship track straight when im on the throttle ,when i power down a few clicks she starts to climb. . then when i punch the throttle the ship dips dwon about 9inches and then levels outs .
the ships CG is right on the mark , she floats straight and flyies straight "on full throttle" but once i do move the throttle up or down the ships "that is when things get strange " can it be the motor angle is wrong
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
186mph Funjet Ultra
nieuw vennep, the netherlands
Joined Feb 2010
512 Posts
Sandman

It looks as if you'r very close to optimum, but not yet. Your thrust angle is still a little bit to far down, and your C of G a hair to far forward.
Try shifting your batt rearward .04" and slightly readjust your thrust angle upward.

Grtz René
E-speed buff is offline Find More Posts by E-speed buff
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-speed buff View Post
Sandman

It looks as if you'r very close to optimum, but not yet. Your thrust angle is still a little bit to far down, and your C of G a hair to far forward.
Try shifting your batt rearward .04" and slightly readjust your thrust angle upward.

Grtz René
thanks i will give it a try tomorrow at the field.
cheers
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:24 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Can i ask some advice about the FJU STOCK power pack which uses a 6x5.5 prop.
Im struggling to find a replacement needed urgently. So i'm wondering is there an alternative that this stock powerpack can handle; whether it be a different size or a different brand? Has anyone else got the stock setup (now discontinued) and had the same dilemna? I borrowed a graupner 6x6.5 but im not sure if thats a motor/esc killer or not. I dont have an amp meter reader. Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,645 Posts
Personally I'd invest in a watt meter. Someone may quote an alternative prop but be using tired batteries. You put the same prop on, with a new/decent pack and push past recommended specs and burn something out. Might not happen....but it might and then you'd be p****d.

I'm guessing an APC 6.5x5 sport prop might be ok, or an APCE 6x5.5. But you really should invest in a watt meter to be sure.

Cheap version here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Analyzer_.html
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Personally I'd invest in a watt meter. Someone may quote an alternative prop but be using tired batteries. You put the same prop on, with a new/decent pack and push past recommended specs and burn something out. Might not happen....but it might and then you'd be p****d.

I'm guessing an APC 6.5x5 sport prop might be ok, or an APCE 6x5.5. But you really should invest in a watt meter to be sure.

Cheap version here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Analyzer_.html
feefo is right on the Watt Meter....Everyone should invest in one...it would be your best friend....changing Props will change amps...when your using more amps than Recommended....Heat comes into play...Heat is your worst enemy....on ESC and MOTOR......Watt Meters can help you keep your Power Packages in a safe Situation.......and they are very easy to use......Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
E-Speed buff - what setup did you have in your 186mph FJ? was that level flight?
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:12 PM
186mph Funjet Ultra
nieuw vennep, the netherlands
Joined Feb 2010
512 Posts
War Machine

I still have that setup in my FJU, Kontronik MiniPyro, YGE120LV esc, 6S NanoTech 2750/35C preheated to ~40 dgr C on a APC 7x8 sport, 150A static.
Speed was measured on the speed cup course over 600ft level flight after a dive from 600ft and 600ft level run in, as an average from both directions.
Highest speed in one direction was over 190mph on the speed cup course.

Grtz René
E-speed buff is offline Find More Posts by E-speed buff
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:07 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Thanks guys. Ive ordered the wattmeter.
Another idea.......can i use an APC 6x5.5 standard prop; fitted backwards with the motor reversed? I imagine torque roll would to the right instead of left, if this can be done at all.
Just having troubles sourcing the reverse pitch prop in 6x5.5 size.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
You don't need a reverse pitch prop.
If you're holding the FJ with the nose facing you you must be able to read the writing on the prop and the prop should turn anti clockwise.
Reverse pitch props are for nitro motors which can only turn in one direction.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Last edited by War Machine; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
You don't need a reverse pitch prop.
If you're holding the FJ with the nose facing you you must be able to the writing on the prop and the prop should turn anti clockwise.
Reverse pitch props are for nitro motors which can only turn in one direction.
Thanks for that. Fitted an APC 6x5.5. Had to ream the centre out but all seems good. Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccanaut View Post
Can i ask some advice about the FJU STOCK power pack which uses a 6x5.5 prop.
Im struggling to find a replacement needed urgently. So i'm wondering is there an alternative that this stock powerpack can handle; whether it be a different size or a different brand? Has anyone else got the stock setup (now discontinued) and had the same dilemna? I borrowed a graupner 6x6.5 but im not sure if thats a motor/esc killer or not. I dont have an amp meter reader. Appreciate any help.
Thanks
The Graupner 6x5.5 Speed prop is the SAME as the Multiplex 6x5.5 prop. Or you can get replacements here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...njet%3C%2Fb%3E

The Graupner prop is a little better than the APC prop. It uses a little less power goes a couple mph faster.
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:13 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
The Graupner 6x5.5 Speed prop is the SAME as the Multiplex 6x5.5 prop. Or you can get replacements here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...njet%3C%2Fb%3E

The Graupner prop is a little better than the APC prop. It uses a little less power goes a couple mph faster.
I tried to source Graupner locally, but couldnt find that size. I'll order some from towerhobbies right now. Thanks for the tip off.