HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:58 PM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Discussion
Problem with my Spectrum??

Hey Guys,

So I was finishing up my Funder and Lightning and I set up my Spectrum DX6i for dual aileron servos. Today I finally got to final assembly and when I got everything wired and hooked up the ailerons were working the wrong way...no problem I thought...scrolled down to aileron servo reverse and clicked the appropriate box and bango...... the servo that was plugged into the aileron port of the receiver did indeed reverse but the servo in the aux port did not. Worse still, there is no provision in the radio to reverse the aux channel. Well after playing around for an hour I made a y connector out of two short servo extensions and from what I have read I think I could do some sillyness like create a mix with another channel? but I was disappointed that Spectrum would not program the aux channel to slave with the aileron channel when dual ailerons are selected.

or........did I miss something????

Peace

Paul
Wynterhawk is offline Find More Posts by Wynterhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:21 PM
Yummy cheese
Earth
Joined Mar 2009
285 Posts
Not sure with the DX6... But my DX7 the aux on the (Rx) is my Flap channel (Tx)... That I can reverse... and use as flapperons... however, I have found that some recievers do not support flapperons. I have tried 5 different types of spektrum recievers and the AR500 (I believe is the one) that does not support flapperons... it is (the aux) just a reverse signal from other aileron channel... the same as a Y connection.

Do you have a flaps channel on the Tx? that might be the difference?
enduro_man996 is offline Find More Posts by enduro_man996
Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:46 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,107 Posts
The monitor screen shows Ch 6 as the Aux and left aileron as Aux channel. It's got to be the flap channel like was said.
See p38 and 45.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:19 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Why not just swap channels 1 & 6???
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:17 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
LOL! Yeah, that would work too. The guys are right though. Reverse the FLAP channel and you're good to go.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Apr 19, 2009, 07:13 AM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys I will try the flaps channel and see if that works.

Peace

Paul
Old Apr 26, 2009, 08:20 AM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
1,019 Posts
Dx6I Programming...

Try this out... Worked for me on my Long EZ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=35
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2009, 09:14 AM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Mudman, Thanks! I actually printed those instructions out and pinned it to the wall in my shop!! LOL

Paul