Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Discussion
BlitzRCWorks Super Sky Surfer: 95" span, w/Flaps

BlitzRCWorks 8' Super Sky Surfer 5 Ch

Feature:

5 Channel Full Function Radio Controlled (Aileron,Elevator,Rudder,Throttle,Flaps)
New 2.4GHz spectrum technology, with the functions of automatic identification and precise code pairing, strong anti-jamming, and allow more than 20 aircrafts to fly at the same field at same time
Perfect for beginners flying RC model airplanes for the very first time!
Super huge wingspan for superoptimal flying experience and stability!
Fly steadily and operate easily, beginners can master the flying skills in short time
Configured with flaps to reduce speed and shorten landing distance when descent for landing
Simple and easy to assemble
Perfect for FPV(First Person View) usage
Constructed of EPO Flex Foam for Excellent Impact Resistance!
Detachable main wings excellent for transportation
Approximately 30 minutes flight time on each charge -- Optional Li- poly battery will help to achieve better performance and longer flight time
All spare parts and accessories are available
Complete Kit, Ready to Fly, Easy to Assemble (Everything is included and 95% assembled -- required AA batteries for the transmitter)

Specification:

Wingspan: 2400mm (94.5 inch)
Length: 1350mm (53.1 inch)
Flying Weight: 2000g (70.5 oz)
Drive System: 1250KV brushless outrunner motor
Speed Controller: 40amp brushless ESC
Servo: 6X 17g
Battery: 11.1V 3S 3600mAh 25C Li-Po
Control System: 2.4GHz Multifunctional Transmitter and Receiver
Radio Control Range: 3000 feet (1000m)
Pilots using their own radio systems will need to adjust Travel Adjust and or EPA (End Point Adjustment) settings before operating.

Package Include:

Airplane (95% assembled)
Pilot Figure
6 Channel 2.4GHz Multifunctional Spectrum Transmitter
3S Battery Balance Charger w/ Alligator Clip
High Quality Rechargeable 11.1V 3600mAh 25C Li-Po Battery
User Manual

RTF Super Sky Surfer:
http://www.bananahobby.com/super-sky...0089-prd1.html

ARF Super Sky Surfer:
http://www.bananahobby.com/super-sky...0099-prd1.html

Super Sky Surfer over the Beaches of California (2 min 36 sec)
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Last edited by Doubletap; May 21, 2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Updated Links
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:59 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,298 Posts
I have to admit, I was a little shocked by the arf price......definately getting into the horizon price level....but man a super sized sky surfer, I'm definately ordering one!!! I have been flying my v1 skysurfer for better than 3 years now. It has had a ton of different combinations of motors,props,gyros.ect. It has held up unbelievably well through quite a few crashes,I just flew it yesterday and decided that I would install my dragon link in my v1 this next week!! but now with this, I might wait and install it in the bigger one! since I'm interested in this for fpv, does anyone have some pics, or now how much space is available under the cockpit?
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I have to admit, I was a little shocked by the arf price......definately getting into the horizon price level....but man a super sized sky surfer, I'm definately ordering one!!! I have been flying my v1 skysurfer for better than 3 years now. It has had a ton of different combinations of motors,props,gyros.ect. It has held up unbelievably well through quite a few crashes,I just flew it yesterday and decided that I would install my dragon link in my v1 this next week!! but now with this, I might wait and install it in the bigger one! since I'm interested in this for fpv, does anyone have some pics, or now how much space is available under the cockpit?
Actually the ARF price is quite reasonable considering that it includes much more than just the bare airframe, it includes all electronics pre-installed less the TX/RX , lipo/charger and this is an 8 foot wingspan giant sailplane with operational flaps including all 6 servos. for the asking price, you wouldn't get much from Horizon, so there is no comparison.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,298 Posts
I thought that was for a bare airframe. Nice!
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
USA, CA, Arcadia
Joined Apr 2006
347 Posts
Doubletap,
I love my v1 Sky Surfer! now that there is a larger one...................dang it!......my wallet is coming outa my back pocket.................aaaargh! (to self: more planes, more planes, more planes, more planes,,,,.......)
vmaxmasonrya is offline Find More Posts by vmaxmasonrya
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxmasonrya View Post
Doubletap,
I love my v1 Sky Surfer! now that there is a larger one...................dang it!......my wallet is coming outa my back pocket.................aaaargh! (to self: more planes, more planes, more planes, more planes,,,,.......)
Still looking for a BH coupon code for this purchase.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Sep 2011
123 Posts
dang, almost backed out of getting HK's new bixler. is this offered anywhere else?
BH is too far from my location.
red_colt is offline Find More Posts by red_colt
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_colt View Post
dang, almost backed out of getting HK's new bixler. is this offered anywhere else?
BH is too far from my location.
Unfortunately, a search yields no additional vendors on this model, it looks like that BH has the exclusive on the Super SS at least at the moment. Just need a discount code to make it happen.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
384 Posts
I didn't realize this had already been posted so I started another one.

The biggest sticking point I've heard on the forums is Banana Hobby's poor customer service. That and shipping planes with sub-par components. I've never ordered from BH and I really like what I see of the plane, reports of bad customer service and bad product give me pause. Then again, people here seem to love the Skysurfer V1, was that purchased from BH or some where else? If BH has the exclusive on the Super SS what does that mean? How long before we can expect to see it from other vendors?
SquireM is offline Find More Posts by SquireM
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireM View Post
I didn't realize this had already been posted so I started another one.

The biggest sticking point I've heard on the forums is Banana Hobby's poor customer service. That and shipping planes with sub-par components. I've never ordered from BH and I really like what I see of the plane, reports of bad customer service and bad product give me pause. Then again, people here seem to love the Skysurfer V1, was that purchased from BH or some where else? If BH has the exclusive on the Super SS what does that mean? How long before we can expect to see it from other vendors?
I'll tell you what, I've been in this hobby for nearly 4 decades, and I've ordered from virtually all major vendors from both domestically and in asia, and Banana Hobby is neither the best nor the worst, but I've never had an issue with their business ethics or their customer service, Their products are the same items manufactured in Shenzhen China just like virtually all RC related products nowadays regardless the branding or 3rd party Middleman distributors. They have always provided me great value with timely professional service, of course I have reasonable expectations of such value priced hobby products, whereas, I find that most complaints regarding the merchandise/service are more often than not by newbs with wholly unrealistic expectations.of the discount RC market. Exclusivity can be very short lived or forever, really no way to know as the details of these business relationships are strictly confidential.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I've dealt with BH several times for both planes and batteries/electronics. Only once did I have an issue, and with some persistence it was resolved. It took a PP and the credit card company being involved too, but it was done. I suspect based on their sheer volume of business, stuff is going to happen. The same with any vendor. I would buy from them again.

This plane looks fantastic. Of all of the easy star clones, I feel this one was the best, and that was before the shot of steroids! It seemed to float better than the others, and was far more responsive. I actually bought the last version kit and painted it up, but didn't complete the build. I might go with this one instead.

Shipping is a killer to CT...$38.00. I just find that abhorently high. It can be done in the 20-25 dollar range via ground, c'mon.

I saw this and then saw they were running a 3% discount on their new beta website. Of course this is not offered there, just a very limited amount of product. I asked the BH rep if she could put the 3% on this purchase, they refused. Oh well. As much as I want it, i don't think I can pull the trigger on this for almost $180.00. That, and I just bought two of the new Bixler 2's.

Maybe if I flip one of those I can swing this.

Can't wait to see a write up on this.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Shipping is a killer to CT...$38.00. I just find that abhorently high. It can be done in the 20-25 dollar range via ground, c'mon.
My shipping to Minnesota came to $24 and change, weird.

Quote:
Me too . I still consider myself a newbie so I always want someone with experience to sign off on a given plane. That being said, I was sure I wanted an X8 and still haven't ordered mine. Money is tight and I want to be absolutely sure.
SquireM is offline Find More Posts by SquireM
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
I've dealt with BH several times for both planes and batteries/electronics. Only once did I have an issue, and with some persistence it was resolved. It took a PP and the credit card company being involved too, but it was done. I suspect based on their sheer volume of business, stuff is going to happen. The same with any vendor. I would buy from them again.

This plane looks fantastic. Of all of the easy star clones, I feel this one was the best, and that was before the shot of steroids! It seemed to float better than the others, and was far more responsive. I actually bought the last version kit and painted it up, but didn't complete the build. I might go with this one instead.

I saw this and then saw they were running a 3% discount on their new beta website. Of course this is not offered there, just a very limited amount of product. I asked the BH rep if she could put the 3% on this purchase, they refused. Oh well. As much as I want it, i don't think I can pull the trigger on this for almost $180.00. That, and I just bought two of the new Bixler 2's.

That's why I'm holding out for a nice coupon code for this month, like they had last month for 20% off. Even $140 is a bit steep for a 2.4m 5 ch PNF foamy. I picked up the Art Tech Diamond 2500 PNF during last year's Nitro Black Friday sale for $89.95 which is similar size and equipment.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:08 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
You know of course that the only way to get the 20% coupon is to wait for this to go out of stock right?

Ain't that how it always works?

ARGH !
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:23 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,253 Posts
Quote:

How much you wanted for one of the Bixler2 if you were to sell ? Thx
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar