Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:38 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydec View Post
So-
I just bought one on eBay for $27, free shipping. It's SUPPOSED to be shipped from Brooklyn and will arrive next Monday or Tuesday. I sure hope so. I bought it because I have all of the parts, except the board of course.
I have this board, that was shipped by mistake-
It appears to be an R5 but what's with that thing sticking up? Will it fit in the chassis? I guess I should hang onto it. If the new 'copter has an R5 board will my old transmitter work?
Thanks-
Terry
What's that thing sticking up?.................It's the gyro
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:45 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbytes View Post
I got the S107 I linked to. It shipped the next day.
Awesome. Then they are getting better at this.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Are all symas bad or is there one particularly worth it?
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, only the tail rotor spins. I got carried away in my rant and rave. I didn't test the others.
My bad.
Terry
Wow-
my senior moments are becoming senior days.
The motors all worked with the old board, and since the tail motor worked, it's obvious that the other motors would work as well.
Nope, it HAS to be a bad board.
Does anyone know if an R5 board will work with an R3 transmitter? I don't want to get into hooking it up if it won't.
Now THAT would be really great!
Thanks, Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey325 View Post
What's that thing sticking up?.................It's the gyro
So it's an upgrade. How does it work? I thought the gyro was part of the blade assembly, not a part on the board. Will my R3 transmitter work with it?
Terry
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:11 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
So it's an upgrade. How does it work? I thought the gyro was part of the blade assembly, not a part on the board. Will my R3 transmitter work with it?
Terry
The gyro is part of the board, flat on the R3 board and 'on end' on the R5. The R5 board will fit any 107 chassis. As to whether the transmitter will work, if you read some of the previous posts, it seems to be a bit of a lottery.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Cool, thanks. Since I've got the board, I might as well give it a try. Maybe I can add to the odds of the lottery.
Do you know if the connections are essentially the same?
terry
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:57 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Cool, thanks. Since I've got the board, I might as well give it a try. Maybe I can add to the odds of the lottery.
Do you know if the connections are essentially the same?
terry
There is a post on here somewhere detailing the swap from one board to another
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
I've tried searching everywhere I could think of with no luck. Anybody got a link?
Thanks,
Terry
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:27 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Genuine high quality Syma S107's

Guys,

I've been reading quite a few post recently with people saying they have poor quality S107's...a few weeks back I ordered S107's from this website - http://www.moonhobby.com/syma-s107g-...ift-p-737.html - they were excellent to deal with I even got them to send me pictures of the actual S107's they had in stock so I could see what I was buying...all at a good price too 13.95 delivered...so I bought six...

I've test flown every one with its TX and they have similar speed and rock steady in hover...I'am very pleased with my six S107's now I have good stock of my favourite heli...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:32 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Didn't you see my link?

It's the balance bar connector. <---CLICK HERE

This is from dwhitmore on eBay - he's a trusted supplier of SYMA parts and he's located in VA. I got my parts here in FL in 2 days!
Malad, After hearing you giving this vendor high marks, I decided to go for it rather than wait until I needed a part. Everything was included as seen including a long pin that looks like it might fit through the flybar (solid plastic ends; no access to weights). I am bothered about the inner shaft though. Not straight at all In fact, I could take a picture of it and you would be able to see the bend with the naked eye. This came packaged in a flexible type blister envelope (no cardboard stiffening).

Did your yours come packaged like that? Can these inner shafts be straightened? I have straightened Xtreme outer shafts for my V4 but, never an inner shaft...too hard!

Dang! All the shafts I ever bought always, always, came protected from possible bending through the shipping process. I hope this guy makes good if I can't straighten this inner shaft.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:48 PM
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Wow-
my senior moments are becoming senior days.
The motors all worked with the old board, and since the tail motor worked, it's obvious that the other motors would work as well.
Nope, it HAS to be a bad board.
Does anyone know if an R5 board will work with an R3 transmitter? I don't want to get into hooking it up if it won't.
Now THAT would be really great!
Thanks, Terry
I have an R3 and an R5 and have only used the TX that came with the R3. No probs at all. I have 2 additional TX that came with the 105's that I bought mostly by mistake (but they volunteered to be spare parts). Those TX will not work with the 107 and visa versa.
As a side note, the 105's that I got were 100% identical with the 107 with the exception of the PCB (and TX). So, put the 107 PCB in the 105 and voila, instant new 107. The PCB donor bird was getting really beat up.
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
Guys,

I've been reading quite a few post recently with people saying they have poor quality S107's...a few weeks back I ordered S107's from this website - http://www.moonhobby.com/syma-s107g-...ift-p-737.html - they were excellent to deal with I even got them to send me pictures of the actual S107's they had in stock so I could see what I was buying...all at a good price too 13.95 delivered...so I bought six...

I've test flown every one with its TX and they have similar speed and rock steady in hover...I'am very pleased with my six S107's now I have good stock of my favourite heli...
I see they have a limit of 7, what held you back? Have you looked to see what rev the PCB is? Did you try them with a single TX? Curious you know.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Malad, After hearing you giving this vendor high marks, I decided to go for it rather than wait until I needed a part. Everything was included as seen including a long pin that looks like it might fit through the flybar (solid plastic ends; no access to weights). I am bothered about the inner shaft though. Not straight at all In fact, I could take a picture of it and you would be able to see the bend with the naked eye. This came packaged in a flexible type blister envelope (no cardboard stiffening).

Did your yours come packaged like that? Can these inner shafts be straightened? I have straightened Xtreme outer shafts for my V4 but, never an inner shaft...too hard!

Dang! All the shafts I ever bought always, always, came protected from possible bending through the shipping process. I hope this guy makes good if I can't straighten this inner shaft.

Mike.
I'd give a low probablilty to straightening the shaft. Do you have a pic of the packaging?
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:53 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Can these inner shafts be straightened? I have straightened Xtreme outer shafts for my V4 but, never an inner shaft...too hard!

you can straighten it out by hand after you know exactly where it needs to be bent back by spinning it, i've done it after a bad crash and it works although its probably not as perfect as factory straight but i could fly with it after with very little vibration compared to heavy unfliable vibration when it was bent
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp