HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
United States, TX, Manvel
Joined May 2014
68 Posts
OK having some issues so please help. First I tried to connect the fy to my computer and its a pain. Can't get the downloaded programs to open up cause its downloaded as a weird program. Its not a.exe its something else and when I click on it my computer asked me what program to use to open it....heck if I know what program u need to open it....ugh....and then my rth or circle don't work. I click on it and it don't do really anulything. It seems that it wants to circle but the radias is like 1 mile wide so not sure why cause I have Lowered the radias down from 80 all the way to 20 and no change.... Why and what yo do......
lucasislost is offline Find More Posts by lucasislost
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Joined May 2014
68 Posts
OK having some issues so please help. First I tried to connect the fy to my computer and its a pain. Can't get the downloaded programs to open up cause its downloaded as a weird program. Its not a.exe its something else and when I click on it my computer asked me what program to use to open it....heck if I know what program u need to open it....ugh....and then my rth or circle don't work. I click on it and it don't do really anulything. It seems that it wants to circle but the radias is like 1 mile wide so not sure why cause I have Lowered the radias down from 80 all the way to 20 and no change.... Why and what yo do......
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jul 2013
22 Posts
files

You need a rar file extractor. You can get them free but they will require you to use their tool bar or get winzip. Can't help with other stuff.
skyduck is offline Find More Posts by skyduck
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Joined May 2014
68 Posts
OK and what do I have to download from the fy41ap lite website? Then I use WinZip to in zip then?? I'm not to fimilar with doing all that..
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jul 2013
22 Posts
file

I wish I could help. I downloaded the manual and went with the osd screen way. I did not use the computor but directions for both are in the manual start there. You would think with all the pages on this post that someone could help. I guess you have to be in their click.
skyduck is offline Find More Posts by skyduck
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Oct 2013
469 Posts
Is it possible to setup everything without computer?
1. use switch sequence to initialize flight controller attitude.
2. Switch to abm and check direction of servos are correct
3. Set p values for ail/ele/rud/throttle.
4. Set circle radius
5. set cruise speed.
6. initialize gyro.

Only thing I think you have to use pc for would be path navigation.
And initial throttle setting or whatever it's called.
Gibbedy is offline Find More Posts by Gibbedy
Old Today, 02:43 AM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbedy View Post
Is it possible to setup everything without computer?
1. use switch sequence to initialize flight controller attitude.
2. Switch to abm and check direction of servos are correct
3. Set p values for ail/ele/rud/throttle.
4. Set circle radius
5. set cruise speed.
6. initialize gyro.

Only thing I think you have to use pc for would be path navigation.
And initial throttle setting or whatever it's called.
It should be but it is not. We have found that you cannot rely on settings made in osd. An increasing number of both lite and full fat 41s are resetting the Cruise Throttle % to either 253 or a really low number which causes the motor to stop in any Auto flight mode with fatal results. Eg stalling etc. Cruise throttle % can only be checked via GCS. If the % is reset to 50/60% and saved before exit this will give a good auto cruise. However some AP will reset themselves to 253% without any warning. This renders the unit worthless and should not be relied on for auto flight but returned under warranty.
BigTradioman is online now Find More Posts by BigTradioman