Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:19 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
200 Posts
Discussion
new PT Carbon propellers for F3P/Freestyle

Hi indoor enthusiasts,
recently one of Czech propeller producers came up with line of new propellers for inoor planes. PT Model took it quite seriously and made few diameter and pitch versions for both F3P and F6B/freestyle planes.

We have flown a lot of these here in CZ, a lot of pilots were happy about the performance. You simply can not compare it to the plastic GWS props, every one who borrowed one of these for test flight bought it later, or (in worse case for me) said he won't give it back and returned me the money instead. Lucke me, I had some spare props

If you're interested, check the pdf below. Note that weight is MAX weight prop can have to be sold, usualy it is guite lighter than that.

Jan Spatny
HonzaS is offline Find More Posts by HonzaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2008
20 Posts
I already have them and I'm very pleased with them, comparable to glavak

I got them from www.aerobertics.be
3w_flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3w_flyer
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
For my part I have found that consumption suppérieure dimention equal to (9X2.8) compared to glavak. same weight. I tested four propeller unfortunately vibrate much despite apparently proper balancing.
jakez is offline Find More Posts by jakez
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:35 PM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
200 Posts
I have never had Glavak prop, but friend of mine said that PT is more flexible and does not shatter as much as glavak if you scratch the ground. As I said, it is not my personal experience. Anyway composite props in general wont survive many crashes...

Jan
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hansas hello, if you try propellers Glavak you can not do without it ......... but actually they are more fragile, especially the tapered model a little lighter.
jakez is offline Find More Posts by jakez
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
It great that there is another quality propellers additional to Glavak.
The sizes options are varied and let us fit the exactly size to the plane.

I definitely will buy some 9X2.5 for my F3P..

Nadav.
Nadav Sharabi is offline Find More Posts by Nadav Sharabi
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:41 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
200 Posts
9,5/2,5 prop just arrived. I'm really looking forward to try it!

Manufacturer asked me to take some props with me to Esslingen tomorrow, so if we meet on German Championship, you can buy some with no shipping costs. (I'm the guy with white F3P biplane :-))) )

Jan
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:05 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
526 Posts
So, I just got a variety of PT props in from Esprit Models (http://www.espritmodel.com/pt-propel...bon-fiber.aspx) Any suggestions on matching up prop sizes to my collection of motors for indoor F3P style flying???

Hacker A05-13S
Hacker A10-12S
Scorpion S-1804-1650KV
Scorpion S-2503-1610KV
HD3011-1900KV Indoor Profile F3P Outrunner

All suggestions welcome, even biased opinions...

RED
RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:10 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
great that there is another quality propellers additional to Glavak.The sizes options are varied and let us fit the exactly size to the plane.
yenturewite is offline Find More Posts by yenturewite
Old Aug 03, 2014, 06:49 AM
Jan Spatny
Czech republic
Joined Nov 2004
200 Posts
Hi RED,
I guess it depends on weight of your plane. If you need a lot of power to keep you plane in the air, you can not overload motors as much as when your plane is very light. I used 10" prop on 2200KV Tmotor. I worked for F3P, but after lets say 40 seconds of hovering engine and battery got very hot.

Second thing is you should use pitch equal to you flying speed. Slow planes usually have around 9/2,3 or 9/2,5, heavy and faster F3Ps can go over 3 degrees of pitch.

Jan