HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
I put on mine the GRAUPNER CAM SPEED PROP 4/3 10/8 CM.......What a great prop is faster and more torque than the stock one.
Fits directly.....I don't know if is better or less than the GWS 4040....
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,092 Posts
4040s are great, try one and compare it to your 4030
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,686 Posts
Had trouble with my full-size Stryker so turned to the 'lil sister to satisfy my "speed" addiction. Had a BLAST!!! Upright Boomerangs all day!! I can NOT believe how easy I can get her in the Upright rang!! I was doing it ALL day long!! I have yet to master that move with her big brother. But had a blast & nothing but Babbel Batts!!!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,947 Posts

Bought a Stryker that had way to many repairs and came up with this. Might struggle with the CG but hopefully it'll fly.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Had trouble with my full-size Stryker so turned to the 'lil sister to satisfy my "speed" addiction. Had a BLAST!!! Upright Boomerangs all day!! I can NOT believe how easy I can get her in the Upright rang!! I was doing it ALL day long!! I have yet to master that move with her big brother. But had a blast & nothing but Babbel Batts!!!!!
OK, I'll take the bait: I can do inverted boomerangs all day, how do you do the upright ones?

Also, I'm new to this bird and after searching a while, could only find one post on a few maneuvers. Anyone else have any good ones? That post had the inverted boomerang, falling leaf, a couple other simple ones. I'd link it now, but it would probably take a while to find again.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
OK, I'll take the bait: I can do inverted boomerangs all day, how do you do the upright ones?

Also, I'm new to this bird and after searching a while, could only find one post on a few maneuvers. Anyone else have any good ones? That post had the inverted boomerang, falling leaf, a couple other simple ones. I'd link it now, but it would probably take a while to find again.
Read this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=15

This is EXACTLY how I do it and it works EVERYTIME with the micro, I was able to do it today twice with her big brother. The micro works easily for me, with the full-size it's definately a "timing" thing when moving the right stick from the lower left corner to the upper right corner. You know you got it when it goes into an upright boomerang, if it's done incorreclty it looks like a lame duck with it's nose pointing down to the ground. Good luck! And don't forget to give yourself plenty of altitude!!!!
Last edited by rcoconut; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: words added
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
85 Posts
this might me a stupid question but will a FrSky DF 2.4Ghz module on my futaba 9c work with this plane?
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NillSpace View Post
this might me a stupid question but will a FrSky DF 2.4Ghz module on my futaba 9c work with this plane?
Nope ... FrSky is a different "system" from Spectrum DSM2 / DSMX. You would need to do surgery to change the brick, unless there is some sort of MODULE you can drop into the FrSky Tx ... not at all familiar with it so others might know more ...

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post

I have a fair bit of success with the system I posted about earlier. Not my system, but one I found online. Works very well. Rather than re-post/desribe here, have a look at the video I did up if you are interested. The only thing I will add is that a person should pull the rudder across at the end to accelerate the spin, maybe fool around with UP vs DOWN elevator as well, once the flat spin is initiated. Get good at starting them, then experiment as that is what I am doing.

Marlin

Boomerang Video
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Last edited by Fish99; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,848 Posts
Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll have to study and do some mental practice before I try. I'd like a bigger bag of tricks than just the inverted boomerang!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:44 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Read this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=15

This is EXACTLY how I do it and it works EVERYTIME with the micro, I was able to do it today twice with her big brother.
It's exactly the same thing with the big brother... Are you sure your C.G. is ok when you fly the big one? It has to be perfect or a bit tail heavy.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Bought a Stryker that had way to many repairs and came up with this. Might struggle with the CG but hopefully it'll fly.
TODD
Nice idea

Is that still work in progress?
I see the fus is missing and thought that might be what you were meaning by CG issues. The Stryker 180 can be nose heavy sometimes so your mod would help with that, now I see though that there is no board or battery!

Where do you plan to put them or is the fus going back on?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
It's exactly the same thing with the big brother... Are you sure your C.G. is ok when you fly the big one? It has to be perfect or a bit tail heavy.
You and Pugsam have helped me with the full-size and I can NOT get her to Upright when I want?! I'm still 50-50 with her, but no drama with her 'lil sister! CG is aft so I think it's more timing for me? 'Cause I did an upright yesterday! I'm still trying to figure out what the timing is though, LOL!!!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
You and Pugsam have helped me with the full-size and I can NOT get her to Upright when I want?! I'm still 50-50 with her, but no drama with her 'lil sister! CG is aft so I think it's more timing for me? 'Cause I did an upright yesterday! I'm still trying to figure out what the timing is though, LOL!!!
There's some timing involved, but make sure you don't give too much elevator too. I think the amount of elevator is more tricky on the big one. From memory, I go about 80% on mine. But I suspect it could be even less.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,686 Posts
I think too much ELE is my problem! 'Cause you know the result, she flips inverted, but I'll definitely keep trying it 'til I can do the Upright Boomerang every time! Thanks