Old Sep 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,756 Posts
Build Log
Hyperflight Hyper 2.7me

Oh gobs of joy! Received my new Hyperflight Hyper 2.7me today from Neil Stainton of Hyperflight.

http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...me=hyper-2-7me

What a beautiful little bird this one is and it hails from Ukraine. The plane was shipped on Monday 22 September and I received it today, Wednesday 23 September. TNT started the trip and FedEx did the final delivery.

From the pictures you can see the plane is well packed in a wooden crate, bubble wrap and foam/poly/something tubes. Twenty-four screws held the top on and even then there were some taped edges. Impresive display of packing. Obviously the plane arrived in perfect condition.

Going to post a few pictures to start with and then put the plane away for a week or so. I am still building two other birds and want to finish them up before I start the 2.7me.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Sep 24, 2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I need a spell checker.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2014, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2008
6 Posts
Hyper Poly

It was the 20th January 2011, and I just received the Hyper 2.3me when I wrote this mail to Ed: “Hi Ed, the model arrived today, everything is ok! For the next year, can you build for me a larger wing for the same fuselage, say 3mt? I'd like to get a poliedral wing, no ailerons, only central flap (something like the Poly Pulsar). In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Italy, Bruno”.

Then, I received my “exclusive” wing in February and tried it out in early March and mailed back to Ed: “Hi Ed, today I flew with the new wing: it’s absolutely fantastic!!! Ciao, Bruno”.

I’ve been flowing the Hyper Poly, that’s how I call her, for two years in the Autonomy class (www.autonomy-f5j.it) and I won one competition and placed once second and three times third. Given the rules of that class, the configuration could seem a bit strange to anybody, but it’s at least a demonstration of how flexible the model is:
• Motor: MEGA RC 400/15/8
• Propeller: Aeronaut CAM 17x13
• Gearbox: MEGA Megagear 3,1:1
• Battery: Machpro 2s 1320mah
• AOW: 880 gr (which at 60,3dmq gives out an astonishing 15gr/dmq)

What else to say? Well, I’m a glider fan since when I started aeromodelling in 1969 and I never have flown such a gentle and responsive ship. She’s also robust and will stand a lot of stress given her kevlar-carbon composite structure. Just check after some deep dive to quickly get home from a strong thermal the elevator solidity as some parts are made from balsa. So, if you’re looking for a light wind glider that will catch any little bubble of warm air in full relaxation, that’s her!!!

Good flights and ciao, Bruno
sfoglia is offline Find More Posts by sfoglia
Old Dec 13, 2014, 09:16 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,422 Posts
How is this plane different than a Pulsar ?
Trying to justify the difference... I can get a 2500 Pulsar at half price ... Even a P 3600 is cheaper than this Me...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:59 AM
Joined Jan 2008
6 Posts
Difference with Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
How is this plane different than a Pulsar ?
Trying to justify the difference... I can get a 2500 Pulsar at half price ... Even a P 3600 is cheaper than this Me...
I have a Pulsar Carbon 2m, hence I can comment on that not on the 2500. Anyway, my personal evaluation is that there is no comparison between the two, even at a much higher price. The quality of the Hyper is definitely superior and is comparable to a Vladimir's open structure ship, like the AVA. My Pulsar is a beautiful model and I love it but it doesn't perform the same way as the Hyper.

Ciao, Bruno
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:05 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,422 Posts
Open structure ? Aren't they almost identical as build ?

Your post made me think ... isn't the Me an Ava in disguise, made on request only for Hyperflight ?

And btw... I agonise for one year to find a mini Ava for sale, anyone pointing me to a place to buy will earn ... a lot of empathy points
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:17 PM
Joined Jan 2008
6 Posts
Hyper and Ava

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Open structure ? Aren't they almost identical as build ?

Your post made me think ... isn't the Me an Ava in disguise, made on request only for Hyperflight ?

And btw... I agonise for one year to find a mini Ava for sale, anyone pointing me to a place to buy will earn ... a lot of empathy points
The Me is built by Ed Sokhin while the Ava by Vladimir Gavrilko, they're two different manufacturers even if the quality and technology to my opinion is similar.

To find a mini Ava...why don't you contact directly Vladimir? That's how I've got my Simply the Best and Sprite Thermal E. Only, prepare yourself to wait some months for your beauty to be ready...

Ciao, Bruno
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:27 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoglia View Post
The Me is built by Ed Sokhin while the Ava by Vladimir Gavrilko, they're two different manufacturers even if the quality and technology to my opinion is similar.

Ciao, Bruno
Did not know that. Looking at the two side by side it is very difficult to see any difference in quality or design. Both are very nice planes.

I hope to start my ME in a few weeks. I still have two planes on the table and both are about %90 complete. Family, holidays and work have held me up on a lot of things. I am eager to get this ME started.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member