HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined May 2008
32 Posts
Question
Turnigy 9x with Orange RX DSM2 module & UMX ASK-21

I have installed the Orange RX DSM2 module for Turnigy 9x and I can successfully BIND with my ASK-21 UMX Glider. Trouble is no matter what mode I set the Model to I cannot get the correct inputs on the stick correct. Mode 2 for example gives me Elevator on the left stick where I should have Throttle & Aileron on the right stick where I should have Elevator. Rudder on the left is correct and there is nothing where Aileron should be on the right (probably throttle).

Is this a firmware issue? I have the Turnigy 9x Mode 2 V2 (Firmware V2)

Any help much appreciated...
doodlewhale is offline Find More Posts by doodlewhale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined May 2008
32 Posts
It seems I am not the only one. Anyone got a definitive answer on this?...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post25188036

Is flashing with latest firmware the only way?...
Old Jun 05, 2013, 11:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Yeah , ok what you need to do (ER9X) is goto menu 10 right at the bottom and change channel order to TAER , next goto menu 5 and it should now read Throttle aileron elevator rudder going downwards.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 05, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined May 2008
32 Posts
Thanks! I see on the other thread you mention flashing with arduino pro mini. Do you know of a good guide for this method? Is this better/cheaper than the smartieparts solderless programmer board etc.?
Old Jun 05, 2013, 03:45 PM
Durban South Africa
Joined Sep 2003
188 Posts
Go to er9x forum
Many articles on how to mod to enable loading of er9x firmware
No need for smartie parts but will involve soldering
Will need to buy usb avr programmer from HK about 5 dollar
Did mine successfully not too complex.........
surflyer is online now Find More Posts by surflyer
Old Jun 07, 2013, 01:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Off the top of my head no lol but i will find it for you , its how i did my first 9x flash , of no help at all i know but start the arduino software goto file,examples and you should see Arduinoisp which is how i did it. I will find the correct link for you though , no need for any other hardware as the mini pro has a mini usb header.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494444

just use the same pinout
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 08, 2013, 08:29 AM
Joined May 2008
32 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have given in and ordered a smartieparts board. er9x or open9x here we come!...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 07:34 AM
Joined May 2008
32 Posts
Smartiparts board installed, er9x flashed. I can now, with a bit of trial and error get the correct input/outputs. Thanks for your help!