HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:20 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
Mine is to be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)

I ordered two and paid for expedited shipping. They shipped it to Ankorage, Alaska and UPS is supposed to deliver it to Dodge City, Kansas tomorrow (Thursday)

There's only one problem.We're in the middle of a blizzard and it is supposed to be 30 mph winds and a low of 0 tomorrow. UPS usually delivers about 6 p.m.

Guess I'll get some inside testing.

Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Last edited by Swilson50; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: add info
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:49 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,692 Posts
You could always test it as a mini snow blower...
richard9999 is offline Find More Posts by richard9999
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:46 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
30 mph wind is piece of cake..

ok, seriously, finger crossed...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
Status of the shipping of mine:
Was shipped on 14 of Feb and just checked the status by the tracking number:
on 19 of Feb: "Item was accepted"
...so still haven't sent to from China? I'm not happy... I have ordered 4 motors, later than this and because of they were sent form the HK warehouse instead of the snail CN warehouse and the motors arrived 3 days ago...and the QBOT just still haven't sent from China???
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:11 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
mine is snowed in Colorado

We got 12 inches of white stuff in the last two days and UPS has held my package in Colorado because of adverse weather conditions. Maybe tomorrow...maybe next week
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
We got 12 inches of white stuff in the last two days and UPS has held my package in Colorado because of adverse weather conditions. Maybe tomorrow...maybe next week
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
mine shipped on the 19th.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
The V922 BNF is listed at Banggood...(you can bind this heli to 9X and other radio with the TX module of the Micro QBOT... )
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:32 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,031 Posts
so has anyone been able to confirm if this is the same as the Anylink?

as in, if we already had an Anylink, could we use that to bind with the q-bot or this heli?
btsai is offline Find More Posts by btsai
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:12 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
Le quad, Le quad

As Tattoo used to say on Fantasy Island, Le quad, Le quad. It's here, but I can't get it to work.
I tried to follow the "chenglish" in the manual, but it's a bit tough. I tried using "reason", and that didn't work either. I have an anylink for my flyzone planes which I plug into my Spektrum DX7.

Perhaps I am missing the main ingredient, but I can't find instructions in my DX7 manual to set it to "ppm".

They do not show normal/reverse settings for the controls, but they have a little graphic. I don't know which is normal or which is reverse, so I tried both.

When you plug in the quad, it does the normal blinkin lights and then each prop spins a few times (really cute, but scared me at first). Then the light is supposed to stay on. Mine goes out.

It's very cute and the canopy really sets it apart. The prop blades seem very flexible, so I suspect it's due for a prop change.

Dang, I've got to do some work. If someone else gets theirs and gets it to work, please post "in simple English" the instructions. You know, KISS (keep it simple supid)

Or, if someone can tell me how to set my DX7 to "ppm", maybe that's my problem.

Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:54 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Stan, eagerly awaiting your impressions of it compared to the competition.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
PPM should be what comes out of your trainer port by default.

I don't think it's AnyLink compatible so use the module that the quad comes with.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:29 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
The V922 BNF is listed at Banggood...(you can bind this heli to 9X and other radio with the TX module of the Micro QBOT... )
u sure ????

even spektrum ?
rjs62 is offline Find More Posts by rjs62
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:16 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
Success

After trying every combination I could think of, I got it flying.
First, if you have spektrum/JR, match up your normal/reverse switches with the little graphic on page 7 of the manual. Basically, Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Gear are ALL REVERSE. Only the Rudder is NORMAL.

Then, plug in the DSC port first, and then the other plug. You have 10 seconds to connect the battery to the Qbot.
IT BOUND!

I found that after it bound the first time, it didn't go through the blinking lights. It bound immediately.

FLYING IMPRESSIONS!
Holy smoke. I was worried that the flexible blades might be too soft. Not so, it responds to throttle instantly. You can yo-yo it like mad...but who wants to yo-yo their quad.
The first time I got 6 inches off the floor it did a aileron flip. I swear I only gave it minimal control. So, I set expo to 30 and 70 for control and it's still a tiger by the tail. I'm flying in my family room because it's dark outside and it's 15 degrees.

Sorry, but that's all I've got at this point. We've still got 12 inches of snow, so it may be a while before I put it through it's paces.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:26 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs62 View Post
u sure ????

even spektrum ?
Si senor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
After trying every combination I could think of, I got it flying.
First, if you have spektrum/JR, match up your normal/reverse switches with the little graphic on page 7 of the manual. Basically, Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Gear are ALL REVERSE. Only the Rudder is NORMAL.

Then, plug in the DSC port first, and then the other plug. You have 10 seconds to connect the battery to the Qbot.
IT BOUND!

I found that after it bound the first time, it didn't go through the blinking lights. It bound immediately.

FLYING IMPRESSIONS!
Holy smoke. I was worried that the flexible blades might be too soft. Not so, it responds to throttle instantly. You can yo-yo it like mad...but who wants to yo-yo their quad.
The first time I got 6 inches off the floor it did a aileron flip. I swear I only gave it minimal control. So, I set expo to 30 and 70 for control and it's still a tiger by the tail. I'm flying in my family room because it's dark outside and it's 15 degrees.

Sorry, but that's all I've got at this point. We've still got 12 inches of snow, so it may be a while before I put it through it's paces.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Thanks for your report, could you check the agility? I mean the response speed of AILERON and ELEVATOR... (when go fw and want to fall back what is the reaction speed of the quad, when will come back? with the H36 almost need a second to turn it back...)

Many thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:01 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Glad you got it figured out Stan. Sorry I wasn't too much help
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor