HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:19 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
My friends from Sky High Media were there, all the from the Bahamas...
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:31 AM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,846 Posts
Handmade rc helicopter 2Χ50cc CHAINSAW engines (9 min 13 sec)

this vid is tear-down of the same copter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=FG53gG7fpo0
psychlic is online now Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Yesterday, 01:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Yeah, deviation is the way to go with a devo TX. .
Hey Kdean,
question about Deviation.................don't want to go on Deviaton thread anymore if I can help it,
I have decided to pack it in on trying to do the firmware writing for the NRF24L01 i just installed.
This is out of my league right now, taking too much time up.
i took some computer classes in college WAY back when, but don't remember enough to help me now.
I never really got into programming anyway.
Maybe later, if I can educate myself on the file writing stuff.

But my question is,
If I just install Deviation 4.0watever firmware, without using any other modules other than the stock one, to just do Walkera and DSMX,
will it take an act of god setting up the models, like more firmware writing,
or is it done now with that stuff, and I can just setup compatable models on radio and fly?? tia

also,
have u guys seen this thing yet? co-axial with collective pitch
http://www.tech-sov.com/products_detail_20.htm
Last edited by psychlic; Yesterday at 02:00 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
United States, PA, Mt Pleasant
Joined Jul 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
Hey Kdean,
question about Deviation.................don't want to go on Deviaton thread anymore if I can help it,
I have decided to pack it in on trying to do the firmware writing for the NRF24L01 i just installed.
i took some computer classes in college WAY back when, but don't remember enough to help me now.

But my question is,
If I just install Deviation 4.0watever firmware, without using any other modules other than the stock one, to just do Walkera and DSMX,
or is it done now with that stuff, and I can just setup compatable models on radio and fly?? tia

also,

Wow. That thing has a lot of junk upstairs
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,327 Posts
Actually, believe it or not. Walkera released a "Scale" model of the Sikorsky X2 which was a collective pitch coaxial helicopter with a pusher prop. Of course like anything Walkera makes, especially in the scale world. It was way too expensive for what it was. So i don't think it sold well and i don't think they are available anywhere anymore. I think it was just released in 2013 or maybe early 2014, I can't remember. But it was a nice little kit if you wanted that kind of thing. The nice part about it is that it is based on the scale X2 model.

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-x2-6a...a-p-61306.html
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,327 Posts
Gaui X5 - Flight 1432 - New Formula Style Canopy (4 min 15 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 1433 - Fusuno Jolly Bee Canopy (3 min 44 sec)
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,231 Posts
I hope I can some day do some flips loops and rolls. Man it makes m jealous. I wish I had discovered this sport many years ago instead of when I am old and slow to learn.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Hey Kdean,

But my question is,

also,
I only use walkera and DSM2/X protocals and have no experience with adding moduals for the other possible protocals. From what I understand once you solder in the modual correctly the deveation software should automaticly work with it. No extra coding, or maybe a line or two in the ini file.

Here is the list of supported models, moduals, and protocals for 4.0.1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

If you are not adding moduals then setup of models is done in the tx, and no codeing is needed. You simlpy select the portocal you want for that model and set up model as usualy in your tx.

Side note: I've setup models on a devo 10 with the old lcd screen, and I must say it is 100% easier with the touch screen of the 8s or 12s
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Yesterday at 12:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weav01 View Post
Wow. That thing has a lot of junk upstairs
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Actually, believe it or not. Walkera released a "Scale" model of the Sikorsky X2 which was a collective pitch coaxial helicopter with a pusher prop. Of course like anything Walkera makes, especially in the scale world. It was way too expensive for what it was. So i don't think it sold well and i don't think they are available anywhere anymore. I think it was just released in 2013 or maybe early 2014, I can't remember. But it was a nice little kit if you wanted that kind of thing. The nice part about it is that it is based on the scale X2 model.

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-x2-6a...a-p-61306.html
That WLK X2 looks really nice! but the rear prop is only for looks. I hate wen they do that. being triple blade and FBL makes it more advanced, but it is only around 300 size with 420mm dia. rotor right? wonder what kind of motor it uses, not much info on that link.
the CTX 5 is fly-barred and about a 500 size heli with 400mm blades right.
Since I do appreciate the flight characteristics of the FB, I find this to appeal to me.
It is 6S so it probably has plenty of power. Only thing I can't understand is that ad says it only uses one motor to drive both axial, so I am very interested how they control the 2 axial speed to control yaw??
I hear they also make and even larger CTX-5FBL STD "tr-bladed FBL" version too, that is expensive, with a "950mm rotor".
these things look like they are pro grade. I think they would be a blast to fly.
I would think that double Fly-bar version would be super stable, and these thigs probably have tons of lift, especially that larger triple blade.
I will try to find a vid review.
ya know, if ya remember, on one of the latest vids from youtube I posted a few days ago, of the Top 10 Attack Helicopter, the #1 AH was a very bad arss co-axial. that says something.
Seems like it would be effective with increased payloads and stability, and be good for FPV

here is a vid I found of the HeliBaby 500 Co-Axial CP......................... but I like how the CTX-5 looks, and will probably out perform
heli baby 試飛 (2 min 59 sec)

also take a look at this attack heli that is being funded and developed by the U.S.
SUPER FAST Piasecki X 49A Helicopter for US Military (3 min 55 sec)
Last edited by psychlic; Yesterday at 10:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,846 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=szMMo1Mbn-w
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,327 Posts
Quote:
ya know, if ya remember, on one of the latest vids from youtube I posted a few days ago, of the Top 10 Attack Helicopter, the #1 AH was a very bad arss co-axial. that says something.
Yeah, the Kamov Ka-52, it has been one of my favorite helicopters for a long time now. It is ideal for combat too because it does not rely on a tail rotor to counter torque the main rotor. Which means one less target for the enemy to shoot at, and one less thing to fail and cause a crash. The Kamov also has a huge payload capacity, and before the Sikorsky X2. It was probably the fastest forward flying helicopter around as well.