SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:23 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Discussion
Flying in the forest

I have started flying my 450 HUEY in the woods / forest its great fun flying down the streams , through the trees , you have to have your wits about you you don't get a second chance ( have clipped a few small branches and got away with it )

phil
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Last edited by madphil; Sep 15, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
rc aircraft crasher
United States, MI, Lansing
Joined Sep 2012
251 Posts
man... that thing is sexy lol i really like the look of it in the trees and stuff, it really adds to the scale look. great job. did you airbrush that yourself? and what kind of heli is in there?
jnmardister is offline Find More Posts by jnmardister
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:36 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,474 Posts
Next time please try attaching a mini camera
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:41 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
thanks guys its just a stock thunder tiger mini titan E325 with there optional scale body kit that comes with kickup tail conversion and ready painted

,i have upgraded motor,giro ,servo's only because i had them from an old trex 450 V2 it flew ok with stock setup though ,
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:33 PM
Munich (Germany)
Joined Oct 2010
219 Posts
Hi madphil,
I am also looking for a e325 with huey canopy. Did you find the canopy plastic weak or is it ok? I would prefer fiberglass but the heli artist FG is not good looking (at least for me) Which motor /rotor rpm did you use?
milliotseb is offline Find More Posts by milliotseb
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
madphil…

Good lookin’ Huey! I have its Twin in my hangar…

Quote:
Originally Posted by millotseb
I am also looking for a e325 with huey canopy. Did you find the canopy plastic weak or is it ok? I would prefer fiberglass but the heli artist FG is not good looking (at least for me) Which motor /rotor rpm did you use?
Prior to attaching to the frame, the two main plastic body halves are rather flimsy, but once screwed down in a few strategic locations as per manual, it tightens up quite nicely. There are also a dozen or so tiny screws to secure the two halves along the centre line top and bottom. Along with the screws I used a couple of strips of clear tape on the underside seam to help firm up the joint. Once complete it’s OK, with a soft spot or two along the boom. Flies like a champ in calm conditions.

I use an Ammo 2700 which is a brute of a motor weight wise (135gms) but balances out the Heli near perfect. I run a 12T P and fly it in the 2100 range. Dropping the headspeed any lower on this particular ship led to control issues, especially if it encountered turbulence during hovering and slow scale type flight. Perhaps in these conditions a decent FBL system/setup could be the ticket…

Overall it is an easy build, fun to fly and my Grandkids think its super cool…
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Munich (Germany)
Joined Oct 2010
219 Posts
Thanks

So I will think to it when I have the opportunity to buy one
milliotseb is offline Find More Posts by milliotseb
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:35 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010