Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:09 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
[QUOTE=tonytester;23416241]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
More transmitter protocol changes.

I had been considering the Nine Eagles Alien (aka Heli Max 1SQ). The tx resembles the NE J4 so I asked an online vendor and they replied:

It is come with new transmitter,
It must work with own one.

It seems that the Alien is NOT compatible with the J4 or J6Pro tx. That is the second time they have changed protocols.

First MJX changes with the x200, and now Nine Eagles with the Alien. For now those makes are off my wish list.

and mine also
I have sent an email to NE, to make this 100% clear...due Im confused too and as I saw the board looks identical on the 1SQ as the Alien....
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:35 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,625 Posts
I know a lot of you guys on this thread ordered the wl v202 yesterday as did I. Now I and others have recieved the following from Banggood:

Dear Valued Customer,
Warm Greeting From Banggood.com!
We are so sorry that the price of SKU044638 goes wrong on our website by system issue when you made the order.
The real unit price of the SKU044638 is 43.9 USD.
Would it be possible that if you pay another 10 USD for each SKU044638 you have ordered?
Also, we would like to give you a refund if you require.
We are so sorry for all the inconvenience.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regard!
Rebecca

?
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Ask 'em to throw in a spare battery or set of blades and call it even.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
I really didn't expect BG to honor that price. We woudn't either if a glitch or hack affected our site, well it depends how many got sold at that price. Still, $36.68 is still better than the normal price.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Dec 02, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I just got a similar email about an hour and a half ago. I thought it was a special promotion, like a one day sale, I was just checking out the site and saw 50 % off and figured I should get two of them and give one as a gift for the holidays. Like Massive says, its still a good deal and I'll pay 20 more, sure I wish an error like that would be covered by a company as big as Banggood but its understandable that these things can happen. Other than the long waits for some orders, which really isn't BG fault especially considering the free shipping, they have been very helpful and friendly to me so I can show some customer appreciation and still get a good deal
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
57 Posts
Better than normal price but it's not compatible with the 9X :0(
So for that price, I prefer to get the V939 or the HCW 553 (quite good actually)
aka_TEKK is offline Find More Posts by aka_TEKK
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:39 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
I just got a similar email about an hour and a half ago. I thought it was a special promotion, like a one day sale, I was just checking out the site and saw 50 % off and figured I should get two of them and give one as a gift for the holidays. Like Massive says, its still a good deal and I'll pay 20 more, sure I wish an error like that would be covered by a company as big as Banggood but its understandable that these things can happen. Other than the long waits for some orders, which really isn't BG fault especially considering the free shipping, they have been very helpful and friendly to me so I can show some customer appreciation and still get a good deal
I'm a little surprised that BG would ask for more $$, whether it's their fault or not, it would be an opportunity to display good business practice to honor the price. Take the high road, if you will. By asking for the $10, it shows they are looking at the trees rather than the forest.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:48 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I don't know how many were sold before the "glitch", but it showed yesterday 83 have been sold and I just checked and that number hasn't changed. $26 and some change sure made me think of getting more than 2, I did think I stumbled on some lucky promotion, I'm sure others did too. Lets say 60 of them were sold on that day, that's a 900 dollar mistake, I'm sure its not a big hit for them. Yeah I was initially bummed out reading the email, I figured a mistake like that and a company on that scale would honor that price regardless of the mistake and like you say, stonecutter, display good business practice. I was left with the option of paying 20 more for both or cancelling, I figured it's still a good deal and and I was looking forward to giving my nephew one of them for Christmas, I gave him a v911 for his birthday and he loves it. He doesn't have a 9x or do I so that really doesn't factor the decision even though I probably should get one eventually to fly my other helis that can bind to it. I still have a lot of fun with my v929 with the stock TX and have gotten use to WL's tx stick feel even though I would rather use my Devo 7 any day if that was ever possible. I hope those guys at Deviation eventually work with the 7. Anyways, I was thinking of getting a v939 sometime, figured when I saw the v202 why not try the 6 axis gyro version and also see if they addressed some of the issues some of the people were having with the v939 like the yo yo effect I read a lot about. I like WL products and this regardless of the glitch, it's still would of probably been the cheapest price to grab one or a few.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_TEKK View Post
Better than normal price but it's not compatible with the 9X :0(
So for that price, I prefer to get the V939 or the HCW 553 (quite good actually)
Where did you get your info? First hand? Self experiences?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:19 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
Judging by BG track record in trying to do their best to appease angry customers, they opted for a $10 top up instead of honoring the deal likely because they had no choice. Given the large number of buyers part of the glitch deal, the loss (or the cost for "displaying good business practice") may be too great for them to stomach. I suspect with a $10 topup, they may still be making a loss.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:27 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
I've just set foot into the industry, but I know what they did in terms of standing up for their mistake is really a nice gesture. I know that they, along with many of the other companies, operate on razor-thin margins for the products and the there is a huge amount of competition. I applaud their business practices. Good job BG!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:59 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
I was checking out the new arrivals...

K500:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-K5...r-p-57114.html

Mini Pet 998 that comes with camera:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-99...a-p-56911.html
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:25 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Gents,
Actually I figure that the BOM for these micros is less than $16ea, i.e., motors, .50cents/ea=$2, frame and canopy, $3, flight controller, $5, Tx, lipo $1, props x 8=$.50, charger, $1, build and packing $3, so total $15.50 and likely a bit less at higher volume. Consider that the higher volume includes the same clone parts already being made. Add the typical shipping costs of 0-$10 and even that would much less bulk shipments and lot buys for distributors around the planet.

They would not have made as much profit at the sale price, but they would have gotten some good words from the beta tester Gents that received them, and that is certainly well worth the cost of advertising Remember the WLToys V939 was about $32 shipped when it first came out too

Mind you I am not complaining, just offering some economic truth. The law of supply and demand is still in effect

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Judging by BG track record in trying to do their best to appease angry customers, they opted for a $10 top up instead of honoring the deal likely because they had no choice. Given the large number of buyers part of the glitch deal, the loss (or the cost for "displaying good busine
ss practice")
may be too great for them to stomach. I suspect with a $10 topup, they may still be making a loss.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,898 Posts
The fish don't see the hook until they come up of the water.
midelic is offline Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:07 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Good point M. This "BG oops" also could have been a planned event
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
The fish don't see the hook until they come up of the water.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins