HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:57 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
Help!
Lawmate 2.4GHz 500mw Tx

Hi,
I tried to remove the 4-wire connector from my above Tx and out with it came the PCB connector also!!!!!
I managed to re-solder 3 out of 4 wires but the solder pad for the Audio channel is missing so i can't solder anything there.
Does anybody know where is the next point where i can solder the Audio wire so i can have my Telemetry Data transmitted????
This is the VTx:
http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...&products_id=5

And this is a photo taken from the TBS site showing the PCB. I am missing the third wire terminal counting from right to left on the down left of the picture white connector.
http://team-blacksheep.com/article/page:18

Any help is welcome.
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:03 AM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
i suggest you to remove all solder to around the case to be able to get out of the case your PCB and be able to see the electrical way to solder a wire to your connector.

Good luck
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:49 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
BillyJo i tried but there is no obvious track on the PCB or on the other side of it.
While the tracks of the V+, GND and Vin can be seen, the Audio pad has no track leaving from that point.
I even tried near-by components to see if there is any connection but the fact that the solder pad is missing is not helping.
I hoped for a PCB schematic or diagram that demonstrate all routes.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:07 AM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
you can try to gently scratch the pcb where to solder point was, maybe you will see appear the little route of copper and will be able to solder on it.

Only if its possible and be very gentle when you scratch with your knife.

i've done this on many pcb to solder rssi signal or get +5V

good luck
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:19 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
984 Posts
I feel you BillyJo.
I've done that my self too in many occasions.
In this case the pad is surrounded by a deep green color line indicating that there is no connection with the surroundings.
But i tried anyway scratching the light green PCB but the copper that emerged all around the pad is Ground.
Thanks for your interest.