SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
Discussion
Dont buy Hobby King

As with my previous post about Nitro planes sucking...now add to the list...HOBBY KING...They shipped me a plane and it arrived with a cracked fuselage..I ordered from the USA warehouse to speed up shipping. I paid $80...With it came a customs decleration with a value of $22. Slap in face...after i opened a ticket about the crack it...they asked for pictures of plane box label...then 2 days later they ask for another picture..then 10 days later after no response they finally said their investigation was complete and they will ship a replacement...So after 3 weeks I dont want a replacement I want my money back. We will see how this works out but ID love to find a cost effective vendor out there who actually cares and carries good stuff.
Chestersdead is offline Find More Posts by Chestersdead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Wow, you got lucky. They never offer replacements unless you ship the old one back which cost about as much as it did in the first place.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
what they made you pay for shipping back a defective item that was their fault? I just disputed the transaction on paypal to get a refund..thats probably why he answered my ticket finally after 10 days with no response
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:18 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestersdead View Post
what they made you pay for shipping back a defective item that was their fault? I just disputed the transaction on paypal to get a refund..thats probably why he answered my ticket finally after 10 days with no response
It didn't happen to me, but I'm always reading about how it happens to others. I've only made two orders of small stuff. Yeah, that's how they roll.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:51 PM
United States, GA, Columbus
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
Around 200 orders here. Never a problem.
JIMinKENTUCKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMinKENTUCKY
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
luck of the draw...Stuff like this does happen but its how they act, when it happens that will determine how your customer service rated.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:45 PM
AMA # 951515
USA, NY, Old Forge
Joined Nov 2009
81 Posts
I really hate that Flitetest is sponsored by them because the planes are really bad and have many problems also they are hard to ship and are making this show CRAP! PLEASE GET HORIZONHOBBY TO SPONSOR THERE SHOWS!!!
kino-schmid is offline Find More Posts by kino-schmid
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:54 AM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kino-schmid View Post
I really hate that Flitetest is sponsored by them because the planes are really bad and have many problems also they are hard to ship and are making this show CRAP!
Agreed. I lost all respect once they sold out to HobbyCrap.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Jul 23, 2011, 03:22 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
I got my first shipment from HK about a week ago. So far, I am very satisfied. Sorry for your bad experience though. I had several issues with other sites before.
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:50 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
So what your saying is the courier company or the manufacturer damaged the plane?
Hobbyking asked for photos.
Hobbyking replaced the item.
And you want your money back?
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Aug 01, 2011, 05:34 PM
Deep in in the heart of TX
Joined Jul 2006
207 Posts
Patience is a good virtue. They replaced a cracked 500 canopy for me with pictures only. Asked for pics of mailing label, box, and damage. Yes , it took a little while but they made it right and in the end that's what matters. So I fixed the cracked canopy and that's what I fly with; and I have a brand new one sitting on my shelf. Can't see that crack when the heli is in the air.
Moral of story: They are making it right for you too, "PATIENCE" grasshopper.
meldar9 is offline Find More Posts by meldar9
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:44 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestersdead View Post
As with my previous post about Nitro planes sucking...now add to the list...HOBBY KING...They shipped me a plane and it arrived with a cracked fuselage..I ordered from the USA warehouse to speed up shipping. I paid $80...With it came a customs decleration with a value of $22. Slap in face...after i opened a ticket about the crack it...they asked for pictures of plane box label...then 2 days later they ask for another picture..then 10 days later after no response they finally said their investigation was complete and they will ship a replacement...So after 3 weeks I dont want a replacement I want my money back. We will see how this works out but ID love to find a cost effective vendor out there who actually cares and carries good stuff.
You had bad luck on receiving a damage item

Sending by post, handling with Chinese production ... it may happen.

Now, they send to you a replacement for it, that just cost you some delay and no extra money ... so ... it does not sound to me, HK did behave so bad.

On top, custom declaration, is what you select on the order, it can be 100% of real value or 30%, or whatever you like, this is for help you to pay less custom taxes if you want to. By default it is set at 30% ... so if you don't notice it at the check-out ... you may request them to under-declare.

I also got once (out of 44 order) a damage item ... and HK send me at no cost a replacement. I admit that it took long time for get the replacement. But I never had to force HK via the PayPal protection options.

I think HK does a great service especially considering the cheap price that they have on their shop.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:49 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kino-schmid View Post
I really hate that Flitetest is sponsored by them because the planes are really bad and have many problems also they are hard to ship and are making this show CRAP! PLEASE GET HORIZONHOBBY TO SPONSOR THERE SHOWS!!!
I think FliteTest are lucky to get money from HK.

Yes, video quality and montage is good (you need a good camera and an some basic director skills). But the content is lousy ...

Considering that FliteTest make lot of videos without any HK product ... using some aeroplane or equipment not available in HK ... I think HK is even too nice with them

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:10 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,482 Posts
pretty much every rc company will make you pay for return shipping, if you want help with an issue, you have to be willing to put some effort forth. Horizon Hobbies does the exact same thing with returning items. but at least Horizon sometimes will just ship a new item if its under a certain price.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,155 Posts
Don't understand why you're complaining, and seems way out of line to dispute via PayPal. Sometimes sh*t happens when you ship things, whether it's within the US or from overseas; just search for "UPS Package Handling" or something along those lines on YouTube and you'll see why. On top of that, they are replacing the item for you free of charge and you want your money back!?

Judging by the $80 price tag, it's probably a foam plane, which means that 10min of your time with some 5min epoxy to glue the fuse back together can get you in the air until the new fuse arrives.

Try to find a plane (foam or otherwise) that is 4ch, brushless, and receiver-ready for $80 at your LHS. Not gonna happen, and that's why we buy things from HK knowing that once in a while we might have to wait a while or eat the cost of a part. (I fried a car ESC recently for example, but that was probably my fault for going with the cheapest lowest amp rated one I could get away with.) All the other things I've bought from HK have worked as they should, were packed well, and shipped within a reasonable amount of time considering they came to my door from China.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989