|Sep 07, 2008, 02:29 AM|
Joined Jan 2003
Depron foam question
I'd like to buy some 2mm and 3mm depron foams to build a foamie. I have some questions about depron foam.
1) Are all depron foams the same? Do they have different grades? Do they have the same weight if the thickness are the same?
2) Are white and black depron foams the same? weight and strengh?
3) Any other kind of foam is stronger and lighter than depron?
4) Where is the best source to buy depron foam?
|Sep 07, 2008, 08:54 AM|
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1) no. Depron is a brandname, their factory make lots of different grades/types of foam. Usually the thinner foams have a higher density than thicker ones. So using 6mm instead of 3mm only means 1.5 times more weight.
2) I've read somewhere that black depron contains recycled foam (styrene), so it cannot be white. No it is not the same as the white stuff, but very similar.
3) could be. The point of foam is not that it is strong or light alone. The best argument for it is that it is cheap and readily available.
4) the best source for depron is in europe/the netherlands, as that is where their factory is. However, you would be much better served with a local foam if depron is expensive in your area. Buying from a specialised web store is a guarantee that you will pay much more than local foam. It is up to you to decide if the differences are worth it.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|another depron )meat tray foam ) question||mhmitchell333||Foamies (Kits)||1||Jan 19, 2003 07:26 PM|
|another blue foam question if u will||mhmitchell333||Foamies (Kits)||1||Jan 17, 2003 06:31 PM|
|Alternative to Depron Foam, this item ....||y22biker||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||17||Mar 24, 2002 09:27 AM|
|Source for Depron foam . . .||Jar'sbuddy||Electric Plane Talk||11||Jan 21, 2002 12:37 PM|
|Where can I get depron foam||Skysailor||Parkflyers||19||Sep 29, 2001 05:53 AM|