SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2014
46 Posts
Discussion
Control Board Setup-What am I doing wrong?

HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 Problem (1 min 36 sec)

I have done several ESC's throttle calibrations but it won't make the 4 motors spin up at the same time. Motor 2 and 3 starts as normal, but the first one starts at 40% throttle and the fourth motor starts at 50%. Also, the controls are all wierd. It's not only reversed, but the aileron is the yaw, the yaw is the elevator and so on...Would appreaciate some guidance.

The picture is the settings I used when I flashed it!
Simdor is offline Find More Posts by Simdor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2014, 03:59 PM
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
88 Posts
Hi Simdor.

For one thing the rudder is backwards . You arm to the right . Make sure all the trims are centered on the sticks . Then make sure all the soldered connection are properly done ,as
a bad solder connection can slow down the power going to the motors .
Have you revved it up and tried tipping it from side to side to see if the gyros are working properly ?
Sometimes the motors are slow to start up but work OK once flying .

Gordon
reelflyt is online now Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old Nov 22, 2014, 05:07 PM
Joined Jan 2014
46 Posts
The controls isn't the problem really. What troubles me is the motors spinning up at different throttle points. The gyros are working fine, even though they are incorrect. I've years of experience in soldering and even passed a class regarding soldering so a bad solder connection is unlikely.

I read some comments on the Hobbyking page and one guy had the exact same problem. He stated the board was faulty, but never confirmed it. I've tried to reach to him but with no success...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:42 AM
Joined Jan 2014
46 Posts
SOLVED

Captainkuk's firmware 4.7 Xcopter was "too new". I guess the board couldn't handle the firmware. When I flashed it with the oldest firmware it worked like a charm and flies quite good.