HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2014, 02:21 AM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
Discussion
MJX F-45 assembling

Hi,

I just received MJX F-45 and it looks cool. It arrived half assembled so I need to assemble the swashplate mechanism.
On the cover of the box (picture 1) you can see that there is a boomerang shaped rod connecting the 2 ball rods. It's boomerang shaped because it needs to cross the rod in the middle in a way that does not form a straight line.
The heli itself (picture 2) seems to also need a boomerang shaped rod (picture 2).
The package I received has only straight shaped rods (picture 3). When connecting straight rods on both sides, they seem to bend the mechanism in a problematic way (picture 3).
So where is the problem ? Was there suppose to be a boomerang shaped rod that I didn't receive or did I miss something in the assembly process ?
The instruction manual has no answers to my problem : http://www.mjxtoys.com/UploadFile/F45EN.pdf
dpascal is offline Find More Posts by dpascal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2014, 04:21 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
The first one on the market ( 2 years ago) had the boomerang arms, thereafter they were strait. There is a real problem with those loops breaking even in flight. Read the big F45 thread to know how to increase the strength of these loops, (paper clip, F49 head, metal band...)

I wish you to like your F45 as I liked mine .
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
Seriously ? The way things are connected now, there is so much stress on the roads that they would fail in a matter of hours and I see scratches on them before the heli even took to the air.
Here is how it looks like...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:03 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
Take another pic. with the swashplate level , servo arms level, and flybar level. When something is crook the F45 head can look very bad. view 16 look perfect to me.....or the best you can do !
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
Thanks fauconnier for the dedication
I went ahead and actually made a video of how things look when I move the main rotor cog. Notice the servo motor noise in some areas of the 360 degrees rotation. looks as if along the rotation, one of the servos is forced to move...

Mjx f45 rotor issue (0 min 32 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2014, 02:36 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpascal View Post
Thanks fauconnier for the dedication
I went ahead and actually made a video of how things look when I move the main rotor cog. Notice the servo motor noise in some areas of the 360 degrees rotation. looks as if along the rotation, one of the servos is forced to move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwgEeOBOMp4
The 12 sec side is ok, the 5 sec side is bad, fix it like 12 sec. When you hit the flybar a little , the flybar should be able to bounce freely. The middle connecting arm with a screw must move freely.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 06:43 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,211 Posts
I looked at your vid and a picture in the F45 thread and it looks like your dog bone is at the wrong angle. The swash ball position could be changed pop off bottom links and twist swash to make the link angle so it is opposite . Trailing instead of leading the head . Also spin the rotor in proper direction to make things a little clearer .
skyeblu is online now Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:23 PM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
Problem fixed. It moves freely with no friction.
Is there a mechanical trim/adjustment that need to be done ?
Also, what remote control mode do you recommend ?
Last edited by dpascal; Nov 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 07:09 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpascal View Post
Problem fixed. It moves freely with no friction.
Is there a mechanical trim/adjustment that need to be done ?
Also, what remote control mode do you recommend ?
F45 generally fly out of the box.

Mode 2 is the most popular. Throttle and rudder (tail) left, cyclic servos right.

Is it your first heli or plane ?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 07:14 AM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
Yes. It's my first.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:06 AM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
A disastrous incident :-(
The heli crashed into a building, apparently damaging the platform of the swashplate (called canopy holder).
Fortunately there is a replacement for this part....
http://www.goodhelicopter.com/mjxfse...der-p-767.html
Now the heli has a severe tendency to fly rightwards and I wonder if the damage to the platform is responsible for this or maybe the main rotor or balance bar was damaged...
Another problem I have is that I wasn't able to find a proper image on the web that describes how to properly secure the training landing gear in a way that it will not move after every landing.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 07:18 AM
Joined Nov 2014
7 Posts
OK, I managed to compensate for the tendency to fly sidewards by adding 10 steps to trimmer C. Now the heli is stable like a rock.
By the way, it is much easier for me to fly in mode 3 since I personally prefer that both x and y axis movement of the rotor will be controlled by the same stick.
Since I moved to mode 3 I find myself controlling the heli like a pro. What an enormous fun !