2,127 Posts
Just ask Jiri: info@baudismodel.com
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,497 Posts
More pics or it didn't happen ..... & we want to see them in your new man shed !
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Sep 18, 2014, 01:16 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,763 Posts
I really want to know what those two little carbon pieces are for. They are for something, or Jiri wouldn't include them!
R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:37 AM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
I really want to know what those two little carbon pieces are for. They are for something, or Jiri wouldn't include them!
R,
Target
Trying to do this on my iPhone so I apologize for any spelling errors.

The last fuse I got from jiri had one smallish fuse opening under the canopy area. It had the 2 carbon rods or extrusions. It also had a precut CNC'd servo tray. If you notice the servo tray has a recess cut in it on the sides which are exactly the same thickness as the carbon pultrusions. The carbon is also slightly longer than the opening in the fuse. I had never confirmed this, but I expected Jiris idea was to use the carbon to effectively extend the servo tray past the cutout in the fuse to keep the fuse from breaking at the openings.

It's a really good idea and would help a lot. I put mine together so quickly, I forgot to place them before bonding in my tray. My fuse held together for a really long time only requiring a minor carbon reinforcement at the opening under a really hard half ballast landing. The guy I sold it to is a little harder on it, ok A LOT harder on it, and needed to reinforce it a few more times.

I believe that's what those carbon pieces are for.
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Last edited by Daryl Perkins; Sep 18, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:09 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,763 Posts
Thanks for the answer, DP.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 06, 2014, 10:58 AM
in the air
in the air
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
the Vixen performed wonderfully!!! great plane wonder what it would be like in the 63oz range. learning the plane every time out. It keeps getting better
MB3
THE EYE is offline Find More Posts by THE EYE
Old Oct 06, 2014, 05:44 PM
Mark Triebes
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2001
910 Posts
You just like it cuz it's funky and different, Browning! You probably like Redheads too!?!
MarcusT is offline Find More Posts by MarcusT
Old Oct 06, 2014, 06:25 PM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,511 Posts
I maidened my Vixen over the weekend.

After 4 flights I had it pretty much how I like it.
This is, with out doubt, THE nicest soaring model I have ever owned in my 34 years of RC soaring. It feels like I'm cheating

CG initially set at 111mm and remains there. Weight is 1930grms (68oz). Tow hook is left at the manufacturer's 595mm from the nose.

I used a pair of THESE for the flight pack (Yes, with a balance plug) and plan to top-up after every couple of the rounds/flights with a field charger.

Re. canopy retainer, I used magnets in the fuselage and glued lengths of 2-56 push rod wire to the canopy. Successful so far but hasn't been put through the rigours of a competition yet. It may dislodge on less-than-graceful landing. Time will tell.

Looking forward to the next outing.

David
Larrikin is online now Find More Posts by Larrikin
Last edited by Larrikin; Oct 07, 2014 at 07:23 PM.