SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
mattisdell
Joined Feb 2010
5 Posts
Discussion
A of A kellett blade question...Please help.

hey guys, just a quick question. I have had alot of great advice from here. but im still a little confused on one thing. I was running around chasing my tail on how to balance my blades correctly and one guy on here said to just put some metal sticky tape on the center of the blades to get them all to the right weight. I did that but now my C.G for each blade is waaayyy off... like 2" or so( when balanced on a razorblade in a bench vice) off from center of blade gravity. When I spin them up it, the whole setup still oscilates bad enough to not make me want to put them on my gyro. Any advice now on how to remedy this issue? p.s. When all the blades are installed And at full autorotaion, I spin them up and then let them spin down like normal then do a balance check to see if any of the blades are falling more than any of the other ones and I still get the 1 blade that sais its alot heavier....
mattisdell is offline Find More Posts by mattisdell
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
531 Posts
hi

this should help safelanding is very good at gyros.it at post 113. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1587127&page=8 good luck
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,063 Posts
O.K. guys...I'm out! That advice was mine and yes, you have to get the CG of each blade pretty close too. Sorry my fix didn't work for you.
Joe
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini