United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Discussion
WL Toys V911 Forum Section

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: WL Toys V911 Micro Heli

Category: Aircraft - Electric - Helis (unless there could be a sub-forum under micro helis)

Description: This forum is for the WL Toys V911 micro electric heli (and maybe similar helicopters like the Helios 100, Solo Pro, Trex 100, 9958 etc....)

Justification: The current micro heli forum says micros are general under 400 grams, well these helis are WAY below that. Also the current "main" thread for the V911 has grown to 839 pages and counting. People to to this site and/or the V911 have too much to search through even if you consider using various search methods. It would be nice as a user mentioned recently to have stickies for many common mods, tx settings and so on. Others reasons may be pointed out as well.

The current threads can be put in this section as well and continue, but we can start some stickies and compile useful information for each topic so people have a quick and easy reference.

If people are needed to help moderate this section, I am sure people will step up that own V911's. I would volunteer to help out as well and have been a forum moderator on a different site in the past.

Anyone interested please say so by posting and any ideas you may have, let everyone know.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Sounds good but I wonder if your post in the big thread will get seen enough for people to know to come vote here. That's the problem with those big threads, most posts just get lost in the mess.

Personally I think they should base new forums on a combination of total number of posts and daily activity over a period of time then just automatically add a new sub-forum. I know too many forums is bad but when you have single threads with 10,000+ posts and growing every day, come on, you have to make a sub-forum.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Sounds good but I wonder if your post in the big thread will get seen enough for people to know to come vote here. That's the problem with those big threads, most posts just get lost in the mess.

Personally I think they should base new forums on a combination of total number of posts and daily activity over a period of time then just automatically add a new sub-forum. I know too many forums is bad but when you have single threads with 10,000+ posts and growing every day, come on, you have to make a sub-forum.
I'll make another post and/or topics to try and get it found then. Good point.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,324 Posts
WL Toys V911 stickies forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: WL Toys V911 Micro Heli

Category: Aircraft - Electric - Helis (unless there could be a sub-forum under micro helis)

Description: This forum is for the WL Toys V911 micro electric heli (and maybe similar helicopters like the Helios 100, Solo Pro, Trex 100, 9958 etc....)

Justification: The current micro heli forum says micros are general under 400 grams, well these helis are WAY below that. Also the current "main" thread for the V911 has grown to 839 pages and counting. People to to this site and/or the V911 have too much to search through even if you consider using various search methods. It would be nice as a user mentioned recently to have stickies for many common mods, tx settings and so on. Others reasons may be pointed out as well.

The current threads can be put in this section as well and continue, but we can start some stickies and compile useful information for each topic so people have a quick and easy reference.

If people are needed to help moderate this section, I am sure people will step up that own V911's. I would volunteer to help out as well and have been a forum moderator on a different site in the past.

Anyone interested please say so by posting and any ideas you may have, let everyone know.
I think there are at least 2 areas needing stickies. First one would be mods to the V911. Second would be transmitters that can be used to control the V911.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
Hello,
Can someone help me please, my v911 not working properly, when take of its spins like mad i have checked the tail motor looks fine and still strong, i have checked the flybar its ok, checked the blades the sawch plate everything looks ok even the servos and trimming, im worried if the pcb is gone, any one had a similar problem?
Thanks,
mohbello is offline Find More Posts by mohbello
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohbello View Post
Hello,
Can someone help me please, my v911 not working properly, when take of its spins like mad i have checked the tail motor looks fine and still strong, i have checked the flybar its ok, checked the blades the sawch plate everything looks ok even the servos and trimming, im worried if the pcb is gone, any one had a similar problem?
Thanks,
This section isnt for V911 help, it is to say if you want to see a dedicated V911 forum section to use for having help stickies, as well as posts and topics just like V911 stuff is in the micro section.

Go here and ask http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027 That is the "main" V911 thread in the micro section. If no one answers you there, feel free to PM me and I will try and help best I can
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
great idea, what about mod section , transmiter settings, also comparison of how one mod or part swap ( motors , swashplates ,rx,blades etc. ) affected the performance of two similar helis,
say v911 and sp260.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:00 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,348 Posts
Great idea guys
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
This would be beneficial.

Do it up! Stickies for mods, tx compatibility/settings, compatible parts (from other copters that work with this one), etc. would be fantastic.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:33 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Let's think about this for a second. Similar proposals have been put forward for other popular models/kits. If followed through to a logical conclusion it would result in a separate forum for every model out there and be completely unworkable. Bad idea.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
What's unworkable is a single thread with almost 15,000 posts in it. That needs a forum. Yes, any model/kits that reaches that level of activity should have its own forum. That might be a bunch but it's very far from "every model".
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
What's unworkable is a single thread with almost 15,000 posts in it. That needs a forum. Yes, any model/kits that reaches that level of activity should have its own forum. That might be a bunch but it's very far from "every model".
There is already a forum for that type of model. If anyone feels that a thread is too long then it is a simple matter to just start another thread, with a more appropriate and targeted title, to address particular points about the model concerned.

As I said, think about it for just a second and the absurdity of having a separate forum for each and every model should be blindingly obvious. There have been hundreds of models that have far exceeded that level of activity - how many SlowStick posts have been made in the forums, to name but one?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Nobody is proposing a forum for "each and every model". There are popular forums on the Interweb where the entire web site has less than 10k posts yet they're quite popular. A single thread with 15k posts is above and beyond that and yet it only gets a single impossible to follow thread.

The main problem is that it's impossible to find information when everything is in one thread. The same questions get asked over and over. This is not only tiresome for the people answering the questions but worse it's incredibly frustrating for new people trying to find the information in the first place. There is no way to figure out what the current state and solutions for things are because you would have to read the entire 15k thread.

Being able to have a whole thread just on flybar issues, another for motor issues, etc would be way better than the current giant thread. Yes, someone could create those threads right now but nobody does because it will just get buried in the general forum, never to be seen again. Those thread wouldn't be super active yet they would contain the meat of the available information for people seeking it.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
I'll bump this because I think it would be a great idea. As a new v911 owner and a newb to helis in general, I've found that searching for information in the giant thread has been a waste of time. I've asked a couple questions in the thread and received answers, and those answers are already buried under pages of unrelated information. I also tried posting a couple new threads in the micro forum and got very little response. A forum specifically for the v911 would help new users like myself.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Not until there is a dedicated align, kyosho, gaui and so on forum. It's just a trainer, do as has been done with all the trainers that have come and gone, create an "official" dedicated thread in the micro section.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik