SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2012, 08:29 AM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Discussion
Great Planes SS 45 amp is a good esc?

Hi
I purchased this esc for my SWITCH, im wondering if it is a good choice.
I cant find any review, im wondering what is best ,eflite or greatplanes. (could put this esc on my P47 PNP maybe).

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 02:29 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,358 Posts
this esc only has a 2 amp bec, i have this esc in my plug and fly great planes eltro stik work well with the 3 sevo setup. check the specs at great planes to but mine works great set up the way it is.
scottc39 is online now Find More Posts by scottc39
Old May 04, 2012, 03:03 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc39 View Post
this esc only has a 2 amp bec, i have this esc in my plug and fly great planes eltro stik work well with the 3 sevo setup. check the specs at great planes to but mine works great set up the way it is.
The bec don't mind, I will use a 5 amp external switching bec.

Regards!
Old May 05, 2012, 10:14 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,636 Posts
Electrifly SS ESC's are good. They don't have a lot of programming options but they do work and they're ratings are accurate.

What is best? Well that depends on what you want. Most brand name ESC's are good. Even a lot of off brand ones are decent. Just gotta read the reviews on the off brand ones. However Turnigy Plush has a really good reputation and they are cheap too. They even give you quite a few programming options. The Turnigy Plush are really a copy of the popular Hobby Wing ESC. Hobby Partz also sells some the Hobby Wing and some knock offs of it as well: Detrum Dynam, Volcano Series, etc

The high end ESCs are Castle Creations. They give you the most options including the ability to download information out of them after your flight. Plus they have an excellent warranty. But it does come at a price.

All depends on what you want.
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old May 05, 2012, 11:03 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
Electrifly SS ESC's are good. They don't have a lot of programming options but they do work and they're ratings are accurate.

What is best? Well that depends on what you want. Most brand name ESC's are good. Even a lot of off brand ones are decent. Just gotta read the reviews on the off brand ones. However Turnigy Plush has a really good reputation and they are cheap too. They even give you quite a few programming options. The Turnigy Plush are really a copy of the popular Hobby Wing ESC. Hobby Partz also sells some the Hobby Wing and some knock offs of it as well: Detrum Dynam, Volcano Series, etc

The high end ESCs are Castle Creations. They give you the most options including the ability to download information out of them after your flight. Plus they have an excellent warranty. But it does come at a price.

All depends on what you want.
Thanks for reply I only want a good ESC capable of keep my 400 buck flying without avoidable problems.

Regards!