HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
That's a feature I love about the Turnigy with er9x. You can set the timer to activate whenever the throttle is not zero. So it keeps a very accurate time. In fact, you can have the timer speed up or slow down according to where the throttle stick is to approximate better the power draw.
I'm doing the same on my 9x. It should be a suggestion for anybody who's using the stock tx

Black Credit Card Size Pocket Kitchen Study Rest Timer : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Credi...#ht_3891wt_954
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
While I have time I wanted to share one more thing with you guys. I started using Niftech "micro" Bearing Oil on my v911. two drops under the swash plate, two drops on the upper and lower shaft bearings every 10 batteries or so. It increases my flight time by about 1/3, the stuff is amazing, you can just flick the main gear with your thumb and get 15 - 16 spins of the shaft which is about 3x what you get without any lubrication.

Anyway, sry to be off topic.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
While I have time I wanted to share one more thing with you guys. I started using Niftech "micro" Bearing Oil on my v911. two drops under the swash plate, two drops on the upper and lower shaft bearings every 10 batteries or so. It increases my flight time by about 1/3, the stuff is amazing, you can just flick the main gear with your thumb and get 15 - 16 spins of the shaft which is about 3x what you get without any lubrication.

What kind of flight time do you get normally?
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:26 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
What kind of flight time do you get normally?
Well my stock batteries were a little bit beat on. When i started using this I was getting down to about 3-4 minutes of useable flight, but now I am back up to about 5 or 6 minutes. I ordered some new batteries out of china last week so they should be here by next june or july. I am curious to see how long I get on a fresh battery. The most noticeable thing is that you dont need as much throttle to fly, plus the bird is much more quiet.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:35 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
What about flying with a cheap digital itchen timer (or a kitchentimer app for your smartphone)? I'm using it and set it to 5:00 minutes (Thats the time where my batteries start getting weak) Most of my batteries still have about 3.7V after stopping.
I could, but I don't have a stock time or a new v911 motor to test, and the 9958 was used (from a lot sale of v911 and parts I bought from a user here) so I don't know how many hours it has on it either. Just wouldn't be a good before and after picture, would it? Plus, people fly different. I fly very hard, non-stop, so my bats are going to last as long as some. I could fly around like all the vids I see on the net I guess to get a more accurate 'normal' time.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Well my stock batteries were a little bit beat on. When i started using this I was getting down to about 3-4 minutes of useable flight, but now I am back up to about 5 or 6 minutes. I ordered some new batteries out of china last week so they should be here by next june or july. I am curious to see how long I get on a fresh battery. The most noticeable thing is that you dont need as much throttle to fly, plus the bird is much more quiet.
Thanks for a good laugh shipping is not that bad but seems like it.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Plus, people fly different. I fly very hard, non-stop, so my bats are going to last as long as some. I could fly around like all the vids I see on the net I guess to get a more accurate 'normal' time.
Believe it or not, flying style probably won't have much if any effect at all on your flight time (assuming no mechanical issues). In tests my V911 lasts exactly 6 minutes (almost to the second) no matter if I just softly hover the whole time or zoom around outside at full throttle for most of the time. In fact I have found the same for all my R/C stuff.

The efficiency of these electrical systems (lipo's, motors, etc) peaks around 80-90% power so much less than that and you're pretty much using just as much power.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Hi guys. Not long had my V911, and looking to get extra batteries. Had a look on ebay and they all look like they have a different connection to the ones that came with my heli. Mine have a plain back end with a small white protruding connecter that plugs in the heli. The ones i've seen on ebay don't have the white bit..... Help!!
DaddyCool73 is offline Find More Posts by DaddyCool73
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:55 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
WL V.911 Micro Heli.. Garden trouser fight.. (2 min 21 sec)

Garden trouser fighting with a V.911 - Guess who came off worse..Seriously was my first flight outdoors today,better than I would have imagined
Matt Halton is online now Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyCool73 View Post
Hi guys. Not long had my V911, and looking to get extra batteries. Had a look on ebay and they all look like they have a different connection to the ones that came with my heli. Mine have a plain back end with a small white protruding connecter that plugs in the heli. The ones i've seen on ebay don't have the white bit..... Help!!
You have the newer style v911 batteries/connector. We are trying to figure out if the connector is the same as the Blade mSR, mSRX, mCX2, or the Blade mCPX type, which looks similar...but is slightly bigger.

User Ernuckle2 has purchased a newer v911 so he can report back to the group once it arrives. You can see that post if you go back a couple of pages.

Currently, we know that TMart is one of the online retailer that advertises the newer style battery that you have: http://www.tmart.com/New-V91119-LiPo...r_p161583.html

We are hoping that it uses the smaller, Eflite/Parkzone style connector that is popular with the mSR, mSRX, mCX2, nCPX helis. Then you will have a bunch of battery brands and capacity to choose from.

Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I was truly amazed at the difference the 150 ma batteries made in flying the V911 Make a world of difference outside. I was impressed after owning both the 9116 and the mjx f45 This thing handled the wind quite well with the 150 ma batteries. This is my second one the first flies great inside with 120 ma batteries but does not like even a breeze I guess I got one with a week motor. I will say one thing it take crashes a lot better than the 9958 a couple good smacks and something always broke, mainly on the blades.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
You have the newer style v911 batteries/connector. We are trying to figure out if the connector is the same as the Blade mSR, mSRX, mCX2, or the Blade mCPX type, which looks similar...but is slightly bigger.

User Ernuckle2 has purchased a newer v911 so he can report back to the group once it arrives. You can see that post if you go back a couple of pages.

Currently, we know that TMart is one of the online retailer that advertises the newer style battery that you have: http://www.tmart.com/New-V91119-LiPo...r_p161583.html

We are hoping that it uses the smaller, Eflite/Parkzone style connector that is popular with the mSR, mSRX, mCX2, nCPX helis. Then you will have a bunch of battery brands and capacity to choose from.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Thought i'd bought a clone. The one difference i can tell so far by looking at pictures, is that my batteries don't 'hang down' like the older version.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Plus mine have just the one ridge in the middle of the black end.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:

Where do you buy the magic elixir?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enea 54 View Post
friends, does anyone know the reason for these vibrations? 3:30 minutes.http://youtu.be/OiC7UgzQd_c
Mine gets the DT's now and than, I thought it was a tx rx thing cause sometimes out of the blue I just lose communication with the bird altogether both v911 I have do it and my sons also does it. But yet on the bench I cant make it do it?????????
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4