SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo-norway View Post
Hi

I ordered a v120d02s from wow on the 9. august. I was under the impression that it would be the latest model, but now it seems that it is the old model with the reciever 2622 not 2636 as in the new version. Outdated before delivery so angry with myself for not noticing this. I chose wow because i thought that they would alwas have the latest model, but now it seems i have to revice my chosen vendors.

to make the the V1 into a V2.0 verson what do i need to change. rx, motor and maingear. already ordered the slipper cluch so i will keep onto that.

Hugo
You just need the new receiver. The rest of the heli appears to be the same except the canopy. However, I would hang on the old receiver as many experienced fliers do not like the new receiver with 6 axis gyro.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
v1 vs v2

Ok
thanks, thought i had made a big blunder, guess i am not totally f***ed in the butt then

Hugo
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:57 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You just need the new receiver. The rest of the heli appears to be the same except the canopy. However, I would hang on the old receiver as many experienced fliers do not like the new receiver with 6 axis gyro.
Mmm, but on the other hand it seems the new gyro compensates windy conditions better. Friend of mine did mild 3D in bft 3-4.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:07 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Another question. My tracking info says I can expect my V120 any moment now. What I already did is copying my Genius model to model 2 on my Devo 7. I guess that will do? (I will check swashplate movement).
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:24 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Another question. My tracking info says I can expect my V120 any moment now. What I already did is copying my Genius model to model 2 on my Devo 7. I guess that will do? (I will check swashplate movement).
I would go to the Walkera site and download the basic setup for the devo7 there.
I started with that and adjusted to make it more flyable.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
571 Posts
has anyone experienced loss of power when heli is inverted? ie. hard to pull the heli back to its upright position.....?
eugenechong is online now Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
has anyone experienced loss of power when heli is inverted? ie. hard to pull the heli back to its upright position.....?
This only happens after many flights with old motors and batteries. If you get to this stage, it is best to replace them.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
Heli addicted.
Joined Jan 2012
232 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This only happens after many flights with old motors and batteries. If you get to this stage, it is best to replace them.
Agree .i ve tried 2 new batteries with the 8 months old motor , things were better but not huge difference.You need to replace the motor with a new one you can find it for only 21$ http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...284ksjrkhbtab5, or you can uograde with a turbo ace 215 or the xrteme spin which doubles the cost but doubles the fun also.
amartolos is offline Find More Posts by amartolos
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:27 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3liN00B View Post
Bob,

although we never had any personal contact, I'm using one of your famous slipper clutches with my V120D02S. A friend of mine ordered two and gave one of them to me. I must really confess, I love this thing! Finally flying over lawn isn't scary any more and I'm really happy now.

Thanks a lot for this small but brilliant invention Bob. Kudos to you!

Regards, Notker
Thank you,, it was a sort of cheap and easy way to get the job done. Till something better came along.. I have never had any problems with mine so no need to get the BenMlee one in my case...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Thank you,, it was a sort of cheap and easy way to get the job done. Till something better came along.. I have never had any problems with mine so no need to get the BenMlee one in my case...
In my opinion your simple but reliable construction is really ingenious. I doubt that other more complex constructions are as reliable as your design. Well, time will tell. Until now I've never had any problems too and I'm still using the first fuel hose piece. The only thing I'm worrying about is losing that small headless screw.

Btw. I always thought that every screw on my V120D02S has metrical thread whereas your small replacement screw seems to have an inch thread. But no matter, main thing it works
H3liN00B is offline Find More Posts by H3liN00B
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:15 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Mmm, but on the other hand it seems the new gyro compensates windy conditions better. Friend of mine did mild 3D in bft 3-4.
Yes it does, specially hovering this 6axis gyro.

Flew mine all morning yesterday. Brought several lipos & a charger. Was calm early morning, then got a bit windy later.
My observation:
- Right roll is not impressive, drifts to the left a lot after the roll, then noses up. Needs some good collective management.
- Left rolls is very nice and clean (pretty axial).
- Love the forward flips, nice and clean.
- Back flips is nice
- Inverted is very stable.

SUMMARY:
- OVER ALL, I LOVE THE HELI
- Difficult to keep SMOOTH fast forward flights. Flying fast forwards, don't let the right stick sit in the middle too long (like over a second) or this thing would "want to level" back (loosing my angle of attack) like my thumb is shaking.
- (Occasionally), Flying back and forth, climb up, then turn 180deg, to come back around is a bit ugly. The heli "seemed" to hit an "invisible wall", then, noses up, but again, it's probably caused by the right stick, stayed at the center, unknowingly.
- Be prepared as it could mess up your planned maneuver coming from fast forward.
- I wish I could turn OFF the 6 axis if I prefer to. As someone and
Ali had mentioned, the 6axis is always ON with this heli.
- It seemed to me that when the sticks are constantly moving, the heli stays on 3 axis, so no effect with the flying, or it (6 axis) doesn't messes up with the flying, maybe (?). If the sticks hit & stayed at the center for a second or 2, the 6 axis kicks in (?).

*All these comments based on stock set-up, and settings. I may play around with the gains next time.

Just my 2 cents,
-Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
571 Posts
my 2 lil' v120d02s are not able to fly for awhile..... =( I have prblem with the slipper clutch on one of them until i figure out how to make it spin smoother..... the other one had both main gear and rotor head pin stuck..... -=( till i get a saw to saw the main shaft and also the clutch fixed....i won't b able to fly them..... =(
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
my 2 lil' v120d02s are not able to fly for awhile..... =( I have prblem with the slipper clutch on one of them until i figure out how to make it spin smoother..... the other one had both main gear and rotor head pin stuck..... -=( till i get a saw to saw the main shaft and also the clutch fixed....i won't b able to fly them..... =(
Did you read my instructions to you about checking the slipper clutch on the other thread?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Did you read my instructions to you about checking the slipper clutch on the other thread?
yes i did bob... =) can only fix it when i get home tonight.....working hard now to support this hobby....haha
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:03 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
yes i did bob... =) can only fix it when i get home tonight.....working hard now to support this hobby....haha

I had more free time for hobbies when I was working then I do now that I'm retired.. So enjoy it while you can.. More money for them back then also..