HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Stokenchurch
Joined Feb 2014
30 Posts
Hi there Stevo
As far as moving the battery and still being able to reach it, check out the clever, but simple idea with the ruler, somewhere earlier in this thread.
I tried this and put a loop of string at the near end so that my fat fingers could help pull it off the velcro. Works very well.
A common thought seems to be to keep the tail as lightweight as possible to help detect lift.
I'm no expert, so just try to keep track of all the theories gained from this and other similar threads.
Baustin is offline Find More Posts by Baustin
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM
Australia, NSW, Baulkham Hills
Joined May 2004
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baustin View Post
Hi there Stevo
As far as moving the battery and still being able to reach it, check out the clever, but simple idea with the ruler, somewhere earlier in this thread.
I tried this and put a loop of string at the near end so that my fat fingers could help pull it off the velcro. Works very well.
A common thought seems to be to keep the tail as lightweight as possible to help detect lift.
I'm no expert, so just try to keep track of all the theories gained from this and other similar threads.
Hi Bruce,

I've just rechecked my layout and as much as I would like to get things balanced without adding weight, with my 2200 packs, and placement of a largish Turnigy Plush ESC and RX, I won't be able to get the battery far enough back......and I'd rather not rip all these out and start again either.

The weight I have on the tail is 15 grams (which I believe is around 1/2 oz) so I'm hoping this isn't going to effect handling very much.

Cheers,

Steve
stevo1957 is online now Find More Posts by stevo1957
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Voyager
United States, NC, Reidsville
Joined Sep 2014
29 Posts
I've been reading some on OpenTX for the Turnigy 9X radio. I would like to PM with someone that has experience with the software associated with OpenTX. I saw a video on YouTube where the individual was making mods for his plane on his PC and testing it before uploading to his 9X. Please PM me if you can help out.

Thanks in advance!
NSASarge is offline Find More Posts by NSASarge
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,910 Posts
NSASarge
Google Smartyparts board for 9X. That's a start. The board has to be fitted to the 9X first before Open TX can be loaded.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Today, 03:21 PM
Voyager
United States, NC, Reidsville
Joined Sep 2014
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
NSASarge
Google Smartyparts board for 9X. That's a start. The board has to be fitted to the 9X first before Open TX can be loaded.
Thanks GK, already got that along with the backlighted display and have ER9X flashed to my 9X. I am looking for someone that has OpenTX and has used it for a while. I'm extremly interested in the PC software I saw on YouTube for making the mixes, rates, expos and curves. Looked like a really slick bit of PC software that went along with the OpenTX. Anyone else who wants to chime in, it would be greatly appreciated. I think it will really help me to program Crow, flaperons, spoilerons etc...
NSASarge is offline Find More Posts by NSASarge
Last edited by NSASarge; Today at 03:24 PM. Reason: schpealing ...uh ... what?
Old Today, 03:49 PM
Germany, NRW, Nideggen
Joined Jul 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSASarge View Post
Anyone else who wants to chime in, it would be greatly appreciated. I think it will really help me to program Crow, flaperons, spoilerons etc...
I have quite some experience in programming OpenTX - from simple glider to full house setup. Could send you eeprom files if you want - or just answer questions. Have you sucessfully flashed OpenTX? Is companion9x installed and working?

What is your level of knowledge re OpenTX? Could you specify what you'd like to know?

Regards, Wolfgang
zauselalter is online now Find More Posts by zauselalter