Aug 25, 2016, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortecks
No problem Mark

The chap who sells them is the friendliest seller I've found to date and always offers help.
The latest creation (Amber version) has many improvements. The one I like the most is that you don't even have to turn it on - as soon as it receives power from the flight battery, it turns itself on and the flight battery also charges its own internal battery which lasts for 7 days when powered on. If your flight battery gets ejected, you still have a week to find it!

The only downside (a very minor one at that) is.... he's in Russia but my last order arrived in the UK in 8 days.
I got mine in 4 or 5 days.
You can also get a russian speaking version of tbeacon like I did - by mistake. But as I know russian I have no problem with it
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2016, 02:24 PM

MT and ET Vector

Hi guys,
i have one problem with the ET Vector. The stabilization moving the servos in the wrong direction.

I setup my Taranis in normal airplane mode (no mixing and no reversing servos)
Vector is in V-Tail mode
Tail servos moving in the correct direction when manually applying YAW
Tail servos moving in the wrong direction when manually applying PITCH
Ailerons servos moving in the wrong direction when manually applying ROLL

Sorry for my english ad thanks for the help!.

Regards,

Bruno.
Aug 25, 2016, 02:31 PM
RC Crazy
The first FPV flight with my Mini Talon kept it close as it's different to fly from what I am used to Sorry no HD video to go with this one as some one forgot to hit the record button on the Mobius

Bill

Mini Talon first FPV Test (12 min 10 sec)
Aug 25, 2016, 02:48 PM
FPV IT
Why are your gps coordinates blurred out?
Aug 25, 2016, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Hi guys,
i have one problem with the ET Vector. The stabilization moving the servos in the wrong direction.
1) disconnect your servos and connect them to a regular rx
2) use the "servo reverse" function on your radio until everything is going the correct direction
3) reconnect your servos to the Vector
4) click on the setup wizard tab on the Vector menu.
Aug 25, 2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks parajared!!!. Now work perfect!.

Regards,

Bruno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
1) disconnect your servos and connect them to a regular rx
2) use the "servo reverse" function on your radio until everything is going the correct direction
3) reconnect your servos to the Vector
4) click on the setup wizard tab on the Vector menu.
Aug 25, 2016, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMZILLA
Why are your gps coordinates blurred out?
I think most people do this to avoid prosecution as it also shows the flight hight and distance from home
In some/most countries going above a certain altitude or out of LOS can/is "illegal".

//holo
Aug 25, 2016, 07:54 PM
What 7,000 ion battery was this? I was looking at this battery: https://www.safeharborhobby.com/pc/v...dcategory=2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by keffe1
I've read about halfway through the thread now and there is some talk about li-ion batteries. I just tested a 7000 3s in my workshop and I must say I'm impressed. I tried to simulate a flight by keeping full throttle for about 10 seconds (drawing about 20 A), then settling on a cruise draw of about 6-7 A. After about 40 minutes and 5 Ah, the LVC of the ESC cut in. Voltage under load was 9.59 V. This pack weighs about as much as a 5.2 Ah 10C LiPo. Very happy with the battery so far, I see no reason why a 4s li-ion could not work in the MT.
Aug 25, 2016, 08:16 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorail1
What 7,000 ion battery was this? I was looking at this battery: https://www.safeharborhobby.com/pc/v...dcategory=2093
Been there and to be honest, there is a lot more value in LiIon in a multirotor where every gram makes a difference. I've built a few with PF and GA Panasonic cells as well as LG HG2 cells and they are very good (especially the HG2's) but for the money, I don't see it. At best you get a 20% increase in power to weight. My Multistars already give me much more battery than I need and for far less money.
Aug 26, 2016, 02:06 AM
Hello everyone,

Just ordered one of these little birds, and trying to decide on a good motor/ESC combo.

I've scoured this thread and saw many different types of motors on them, just can't decide which would be best.

From what I gathered, a SunnySky 2216-1250kv(or 900kv?) motor is a popular choice, as are the TMotor-900kv - and maybe even the Turnigy SK3 Aerodrive 2836s?

My aim is to get a ~40min flight time (with a 4S 5,000-6,000 mAh) and still pack some decent power.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Last edited by Offir; Aug 26, 2016 at 02:14 AM.
Aug 26, 2016, 02:35 AM
Mr Take no prisoners
I have gone with a 2814 1100 in my new build.
Aug 26, 2016, 02:50 AM
Deranged long range
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorail1
It was this one:
https://www.titanflight.com/collecti...120w-endurance
I'm just about to go out and try it in the air. Gonna keep it within 1-3 km for the entire flight because even if the vtx didn't crap out on me, its effect may be reduced which I would not have noticed in the workshop. So far the only problem I've seen with this pack is that it takes forever to charge at the stipulated charge rate of 3.2 A. Also, it's actually lighter than the usual 5.2 Ah lipo I normally use so I might have to add some weight (like a Mobius ) up front to balance it. And it's horribly expensive to ship it to Sweden, what with import taxes etc.
Aug 26, 2016, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offir
Hello everyone,

Just ordered one of these little birds, and trying to decide on a good motor/ESC combo.

I've scoured this thread and saw many different types of motors on them, just can't decide which would be best.

From what I gathered, a SunnySky 2216-1250kv(or 900kv?) motor is a popular choice, as are the TMotor-900kv - and maybe even the Turnigy SK3 Aerodrive 2836s?

My aim is to get a ~40min flight time (with a 4S 5,000-6,000 mAh) and still pack some decent power.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
If you plan on using 4s and want the efficiency, you should look at 900kv motor and 9x6 to 9x8 prop.
1250kV is good with 3s setups.
I use 1250kV with 3s, and I get about 30 mins of rather aggresive low altitude high speed runs on 5200mAh battery. If I just cruise around at min throttle, I suppose I'd get up to 50 mins, but I don't have enough patience
Aug 26, 2016, 06:13 AM
Thank you all for the infos on lost model trackers. I guess I will try this LoRa promising system. Some soldering, and not plug and play, but it seems to worth the effort.
Aug 26, 2016, 07:05 AM
Guys, I need your opinion: I've lost the wheel, and not that I need it much - I usually land on grass, but this weekend I was flying and I landed on some sandy road, and some of the sand got into the fuselage via the small hole in the front/bottom.
What is this hole generally ment for - for the flight camera or cooling? Would it affect the cooling of the inside of the fuse, if I closed it by gluing some foam insert in it?

Quick Reply