SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 15, 2015, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by Rcmatas
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
Discussion
Lil' Ripper 32" wingspan

Hello, today i want to show my first by my hands made plane. I have chosen from many plans, but Lil' Ripper was the best for me. I made it from 6mm depron and used a little of 2mm balza for motor mount and ruder's, elevator horns. I used "Kleiberit" glue for the all plane making, but it doesn't glue duct taped places, so the wing is not glued now, maybe there is glue which could do it? The body I coated with colored duct tape, but for the low quality it unstuck in several pieces of the body...

About the electronics. I used 2x digital servo e-sky for ailerons, 2x HXT900 9g for ruder and elevator(2mm carbon rod for struts). Motor - Emax CF2805 2840kv 29g, speed control - Mystery Pentium-30A, battery - Zippy 1000MaH 2S, prop - 8x6.
I think this system is a little bit weak, how do you think? Altough in the future i will update to 3S system.

So, what do you think guys about this plane?

There is some pictures:

And ofcourse first flight:

Rc plane flying and crash (Lil' Ripper) (1 min 21 sec)
Rcmatas is offline Find More Posts by Rcmatas
Last edited by Rcmatas; Jul 15, 2015 at 05:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by oceanway99
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
655 Posts
nice job...looks a little tail heavy in your vid.
oceanway99 is offline Find More Posts by oceanway99
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
You are talking about the rudder or elevator or the all tail?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by Russian Rebel
C.H.E.A.P
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Oct 2010
63 Posts
I think what oceanway99 meant by saying tail heavy is that the CG (center of gravity) is in the wrong spot, the plane is pointing tail (both rudder and elevator) down too much and obviously when they say the plane is nose heavy - it means the nose of the whole plane is pointing down too much and you have to be on the up elevator all the time. I thick that what he meant.
Russian Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Russian Rebel
Old Jul 17, 2015, 04:08 AM
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
Hmm... Now i understand, thank you I think the CG is good, becose this plane has simple wings(it doesn't glide), so i always have to pull it up. But ofcourse i tested where the CG is and it was only 3cm not in the point by the plans, i think everything is good