New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Spain, Principado de Asturias, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardjohn View Post
Haha yea. Gonna check the noise on my plane equipment later on though everyone of them are separated at least 40cm to each other.

Do share bout your result too. :-)

Anyway, here's the video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avwz0ZCOVR4

And i just tried the openlrs spectrum analyzer, as soon as my 1.2g VTX turned on, the value drops immediately! Wonder if it's my 1.2g that is causing the issue!
Could be.. 1.2Ghz is near the third armonic of 433 (433X3=1300)

tought my VTX is in 1360 and i did the test and got no noise or signal drop
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2015, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by matthewtinnion
United Kingdom, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
lol

#### Beware Sarcasm ahead!!!####

LOL @ Genix, how could you be so stupid! (Also Sarcasm!)

LOL Joke above!!!

#### End of sarcasm!!! ####

matthewtinnion is offline Find More Posts by matthewtinnion
Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by genix
Compulsive battery charger
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
360 Posts
Had a couple weird things happen with my ORX system recently. I had to reflash my TX with the configurator....would bind, but no action. Perhaps I didn't disconnect properly from the configurator...that was my last action before the error.

More concerning though, I lost connection and fail-safed way within range....and then would not reconnect, even when I approached the downed quad. Unfortunately I wan't thinking to fully diagnose...all I know is that I power cycled the quad and TX and it was back to normal. So what is up with that? I have my TX RF-module running at 5V. Is this running 5V UART to the 3.3V atmega? Any other ideas?
genix is online now Find More Posts by genix
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by analogman
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Mar 2014
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genix View Post
Had a couple weird things happen with my ORX system recently. I had to reflash my TX with the configurator....would bind, but no action. Perhaps I didn't disconnect properly from the configurator...that was my last action before the error.

More concerning though, I lost connection and fail-safed way within range....and then would not reconnect, even when I approached the downed quad. Unfortunately I wan't thinking to fully diagnose...all I know is that I power cycled the quad and TX and it was back to normal. So what is up with that? I have my TX RF-module running at 5V. Is this running 5V UART to the 3.3V atmega? Any other ideas?
Check the SMA to U.FL cable inside the TX with a multimeter. They are a high failure item. I have half a dozen of these TXs and in most of them one or the other conductor have an open. I replace them with these:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/851
analogman is online now Find More Posts by analogman
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by genix
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
360 Posts
Yup, I have replaced the ufl to sma cable and used hot glue on the connector to make sure it doesn't contact the pins.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by analogman
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Mar 2014
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genix View Post
Yup, I have replaced the ufl to sma cable and used hot glue on the connector to make sure it doesn't contact the pins.
I got frustrated with one last week and cut off the U.FL and soldered it onto the back of the board. There is solder pads for ANT and GND.
analogman is online now Find More Posts by analogman
Old Aug 24, 2015, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by genix
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
360 Posts
Oh just to be clear...I replaced the cable before my recent issues.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by drewtronics
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2014
66 Posts
I have not had this happen so just spit balling here, but I would think a power source anomaly could be a possible culprit.

If it occurs again, before you power cycle, check to see if the output of the rx is the problem or a downstream component, ie flight control or balance.

I assume you determined it was binding via the led status on the rx, and if the rx was running the led status properly then perhaps there is a chance the rx was not the problem? I dont know what your exact setup is in the quad down stream from the rx so I might be off base here.

Good luck
drewtronics is online now Find More Posts by drewtronics
Old Today, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by jjhdtv
Joined Jan 2015
28 Posts
Hello
I'm still trying to work out some serious range issues with my orange 433 setup
I suspect hardware issues. I have checked antenna wire continuity - it appears good.
I do notice a slight humming/constant clicking noise emitting from the 1 watt module plugged into the back of my 9xr pro. Is this normal? Could it be part of the problem? Can it be repaired?

Thanks for the suggestions.
jjhdtv is online now Find More Posts by jjhdtv