New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2015, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by pauly7300
United States, TX, Corinth
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Help!
HELP - 1.3GHz 800 mW Transmitter to Gopro 3 - NO Video

I have the RMRC - 1.3GHz 800mW* Transmitter - US VERSION as well as the following cable for the Gopro3 from HobbyKing.

For the life of me, i can not get video to transmit. The focus of my troubleshooting is that effectively there are two power sources. The transmitter needs power via 12 volt red/black wires from battery, but the video coming from the gopro (which is 5volt) uses the yellow/black. Since the transmitter only has a single (black) ground, i have to combine the grounds from the gopro cable and the battery since both need to go TO the transmitter. Everything powers on correctly but i get no video on my LCD.

So recap, red from batt -> red trans, black batt -> black trans, black gopro cable -> black trans, yellow gopro cable -> yellow trans. See pic.

And just so you know, i've separately confirmed transmitter is working with a small ccd camera so it's definitely not a defective transmitter. Also, i've confirmed the gopro cable works as i can go directly out via the cable to lcd via rca connected to yellow/black of gopro cable.

Am I doing something wrong with the ground? Frankly, i haven't found a single person on forums/youtube etc, connecting a gopro to one of these types of video transmitters (single wires for power (red), ground (black), video (yellow) and audio (green in my case). There are many vids of people using the fatshark or immersion transmitter types (that have dedicated power in (red/black) and a separate black for video ground).

Surely this setup can work.

PS. I know all the perils of flying fpv via a gopro. I am going to use a video switcher to be able to switch to the gopro for alternate angle (down shots) during flight.
pauly7300 is offline Find More Posts by pauly7300
Last edited by pauly7300; Feb 08, 2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Added diagram
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by MatheusBR
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
I`m having the exact same problem, has anyone come up with a solution?
MatheusBR is offline Find More Posts by MatheusBR
Old May 13, 2015, 02:20 AM
Find More Posts by MatheusBR
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Pauly if you come up with something let me know, I have the same set-up as you.
MatheusBR is offline Find More Posts by MatheusBR
Old May 13, 2015, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by JCLs
ChrisI
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
I have not heard about many using the USB connector like you are. It is in bad place for my gimbal and I ended up using this with success. I use both GoPro 3+ Black and GoPro 4 Black cameras with no problems.

http://www.getfpv.com/electronics/go...connector.html
JCLs is offline Find More Posts by JCLs