SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by jdharwood
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
1700 mm Corsair motor problem

Hi Guys I have a 1700 mm Corsair that I bought a yea ago and haven't flown yet for several reasons but I'm trying to get it flight ready now. I have the manual but it doesn't give any bind instructions. I have it all working but the motor won't spin. Are there any tricks to binding the esc? I didn't have the UBEC plugged initially but do now. The motor twitches with a tone after binding but stops once I move the throttle.
I've also blown 2 servos for the rear retracts during set up. Not sure what's going on there either.
I'm anxious to get her in the air now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy
jdharwood is offline Find More Posts by jdharwood
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Joined Jan 2011
396 Posts
Sounds like you need to calbrate the ESC. If You have the ESC manual, it should be in there. You power up the ESC, move your throttle to full, power the transmitter, wait for 2 beeps,move throttle to off, wait for another beep. Hope this helps.
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by benjack71
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharwood View Post
Hi Guys I have a 1700 mm Corsair that I bought a yea ago and haven't flown yet for several reasons but I'm trying to get it flight ready now. I have the manual but it doesn't give any bind instructions. I have it all working but the motor won't spin. Are there any tricks to binding the esc? I didn't have the UBEC plugged initially but do now. The motor twitches with a tone after binding but stops once I move the throttle.
I've also blown 2 servos for the rear retracts during set up. Not sure what's going on there either.
I'm anxious to get her in the air now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy
Turn on your radio. Make sure its set to your plane. Advance your throttle to maximum. Now, plug battery in on your plane. Wait just a few seconds and you will hear two beeps, as soon as you hear those beeps move your throttle back to minimum position. Wait maybe up to a minute, you will hear the ESC beep six times (assuming six cell battery) and play the go fly music and you should be good. Make sure for safety reasons you DO NOT HAVE YOUR PROP INSTALLED when doing this.
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71
Old Dec 07, 2014, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Hampshire Hawk
Joined Dec 2014
4 Posts
What is the best scale pilot for the 1700mm P47
Hampshire Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Hampshire Hawk
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by benjack71
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Hawk View Post
What is the best scale pilot for the 1700mm P47
The one that comes with it most likely. You can shop around, but your looking at a scale pilot for a 60 size plane. They are hard to come by. You will find places that claim that there pilot figures will fit, but they wont. Sure, after you cut their legs off, you trim there sides off, you cut more so their head wont hit the canopy, then they fit. In the meantime, your better off going with what came with it. That's my opinion. Yes, I have searched all over for a decent pilot figure for a 60 size, and the FMS ones are as good as everything else I have found.
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Mustangiac5
United States, CO, Olathe
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
Had to share haha

A buddy of mine recently bought a 1700mm Corsair after two rough flights with a trainer.... Here's how it turned out. Haha sorry Tony, had to!

This poor bird got about TWO minutes of total time and one "landing" and has since been forcibly "retired"...
Mustangiac5 is offline Find More Posts by Mustangiac5
Old Dec 21, 2014, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by SOB8604
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2014
91 Posts
yikes...
SOB8604 is online now Find More Posts by SOB8604
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:52 AM
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,307 Posts
One of the saddest and funniest things in RC life, is watching some noob ignore your advice, buy a big plane way beyond their ability, then crash it on it's first outing.

It's like, "Dude, I told you so!" Hahahahaha
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Dec 22, 2014, 05:40 AM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
One of the saddest and funniest things in RC life, is watching some noob ignore your advice, buy a big plane way beyond their ability, then crash it on it's first outing.

It's like, "Dude, I told you so!" Hahahahaha
Yep agreed.... so much for listening to experience. Most folks try and run before they can even crawl.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 30, 2014, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by jermo
Pantera .61 - Yeah Baby!
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Nov 2006
530 Posts
Dear FMS,
I want to say thank you for making the 1700mm P-51D Mustang. I've always wanted one but could never afford it or find the model that didn't look like a toy. When I first heard of foam planes I resigned those to crack yaks and other models you bang around. Once I saw The Ferocious Frankie P-51D I new I had found my model. It wasn't until AFTER I started looking at it hard that I discovered it was a foam model. The rep from DymondUSA was pretty awesome in showing me the attention to detail and features of the model. Once I saw his fly (he flies a different plane..don't recall which one but it's 1700mm FMS) I pulled the trigger on the Mustang. He helped me assemble the plane and maiden that day (he's pretty awesum). As a new pilot who had primary flown rotary for the past several years it was a treat to see my very own Mustang take off. I was very pleased when just about everyone at the field stopped to see her fly. The flight was a joy and the landing was beyond easy.

Thank you for bringing a bit of joy into my hobby experience. I felt like a little kid and it was a good thing.
Jerry Moore
Fort Mill, SC

P.S. It's a bit big to fit in my truck and I wonder if it's possible to make the wings as a two part for transport or is that not safe? I can't recall if I glued my wing halves together but I'm afraid to separate them now that they are together .
Jer
jermo is offline Find More Posts by jermo
Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by Aussieace246
Adric
Australia, SA, Craigmore
Joined Jun 2013
751 Posts
hi guys, proud to say I'm a new red tails mustang owner!!

I'm after some more speed, already done the prop shim mod but now id rather more KVs.
any recommendations???

Cheers!
Aussieace246 is offline Find More Posts by Aussieace246