SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2015, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by porkster
United Kingdom, England, Bury St Edmunds
Joined Jul 2013
68 Posts
I've had no problems flying with batteries from 3400 mah up. I did cut the foam in front of the battery but never put the end of the battery past the built up bit. The edge of the battery I line up with the end of the new cut out section ( if that makes sense!?)

Quick size difference picture of my Trojan with his little brother
porkster is offline Find More Posts by porkster
Last edited by porkster; May 24, 2015 at 01:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
997 Posts
Love flying this plane but just keep having bad luck. First was the landing gear getting stuck up. That was replaced. Then the rods for the flaps gave out and the rod pushed through the clevis. After that I just taped the flaps in place till I can get a new clevis in. Now stripped Aileron Servo. I guess the high speed dives at idle are too much for those servos
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
1,956 Posts
Sure wish we could get those spring struts sometime.
mkpatrick is online now Find More Posts by mkpatrick
Old Today, 02:50 AM
Find More Posts by wrongroad
Australia, NSW, Grafton
Joined Dec 2012
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Love flying this plane but just keep having bad luck. First was the landing gear getting stuck up. That was replaced. Then the rods for the flaps gave out and the rod pushed through the clevis. After that I just taped the flaps in place till I can get a new clevis in. Now stripped Aileron Servo. I guess the high speed dives at idle are too much for those servos
G'day Sukhoikid,
Mate, you have had a bad run but I can not help but ask if you bumped the aileron getting in/out of the house and or in/out of the car. Sure fire way of stripping a plastic gear servo...ask me how I know Especially if the servo is at the end of its travel.....even worse if the model is ready to fly and armed and you bump the aileron (rudder ect). There is no give then
Good bird to fly and I must get back to flying mine very soon.
Regards and respect
Daryl
wrongroad is offline Find More Posts by wrongroad