SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2015, 08:34 PM
Clearwater SC
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
Discussion
Commercial AP Setup Suggestions

I'm looking to starting a small business providing AP and similar services using a multirotor setup. I'm looking to to spend about $2500 for the whole setup and would like to hear some suggestions as far as what people think the best value and setup is for commercial use. I have experience flying multirotor and other various RC aircraft.
tmuschi is offline Find More Posts by tmuschi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2015, 08:46 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,742 Posts
First thought is are you aware of all the legislation and regulations regarding commercial work using "drones?" It's not a pretty scene right now. It may cost you much more for certifications to comply with laws than your initial investment. Not meaning to poo poo your interest but it is a crazy world out there now if you follow the news regarding flying machines with cameras. I stepped back for that very reason. I'm now playing with it a little again just to keep my skills around so I'm ready if I choose to pursue it anymore.

There seems to be a story everyday about a new rule from a different state with laws outlawing it all. It's crazy.

Having said all that what level of camera are you interested in flying? GoPro, DSLR, Red? There are so many options you really need to know what your end goal is camera wise and build around that.
frogman1206 is online now Find More Posts by frogman1206
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:17 PM
Clearwater SC
Joined Nov 2010
13 Posts
I'm aware of all the legislation and regulation issues. It is a mess but my state has only focused on the use of drones for law enforcement/government agencies. With that said I still plan to stay away from anything that might envolve privacy issues and/or public safety issues till all this works its way through the government. Which, I admit could be a long time. Right now I'll be using a Hero 4 with a live FPV but would like something big enough for a DSLR and that can handle a little more wind.
tmuschi is offline Find More Posts by tmuschi