HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2015, 02:36 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
These rf modules are existing on the market.they are not made diy.Some of these modules caries the CE stck and last time I checked 2.4ghz band is wifi band free for use.I don't see where is the problem.if problem happened is because crashing your bird in somebody head not for using wifi sistems.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY FlySky RX ATTINY85/45
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 04:23 AM
United States, TX, Edcouch
Joined Nov 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
This one.
http://www.skyworksinc.com/Product/926/SKY13384-350LF
http://www.skyworksinc.com/uploads/d...ts/201529B.pdf
Size 3x3mm very small
50 ohms 4 inputs...2 controls can be attached to 2 available MCU pins.
I'm thinking one small pcb(10x10mm) installed directly on one SMA connector.Idk about balancing input lines keep 50ohms each ..and parasitic radiation.Maybe worth trying and test.
I have been looking at this and it seems to me it is designed as a single input to a quad output switch. Isn't this just the opposite of what is needed or am I missing something? Would it work in the reverse?

Steve
sccamp is offline Find More Posts by sccamp
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
You are right.Maybe you are on to something.
Edit:
I raised the same question on devo forum,The consensus is on that is a bidirectional chip.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Mar 01, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
New code,Rewrite code make it slimmer.
Added new protocols.Rotary switch dial is the same as numbers order.
1.Flysky
2.Hubsan
3.Frsky
4.Hisky
5.V2x2
6.Dsm2
7.Devo
8.Skwlkr(CX-10 red pcb)
9.KN(V977)
10.SymaX(Symax11/12)
11.SymaX4
12.SymaX5C

Confirmed working new protocols are Devo,and KN.The rest of SymaX protocols not tested yet.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Mar 01, 2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:55 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
8,391 Posts
Awesome work midelic
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2015, 08:59 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
Thanks!
We need a TX for all "birds".
I updated also first page.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2015, 07:44 PM
Joined Nov 2013
50 Posts
midelic, any sign of the board yet?
Old Mar 03, 2015, 08:10 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
Not yet.Don't worry ...Here the custom is slow.How it's your board.... did you tested it.?Modules working?
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:13 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,297 Posts
Wow!

I've been following the progress from the beginning and this just gets awesomer and awesomer. Very impressive. I really like the idea of selecting serial protocol via OpenTx. That, indeed, would be , "most appreciated".

Midelic, thank you for all your time and effort, and also to the others that are contributing.

KC

Quote:
I will include in the next version also serial protocol selection on ER9x.I already modified multi protocol and ER9x firmware.
It will be on dial zero.
When switch on dial zero all protocol selection l will be done via the ER9x screen.I think this feature will be most appreciated.If there is interest in this mod I intend in the future when one protocol is selected in ER9x to generate a model or to select the one with the same name if is already generated.
Quote:
New code,Rewrite code make it slimmer.
Added new protocols.Rotary switch dial is the same as numbers order.
1.Flysky
2.Hubsan
3.Frsky
4.Hisky
5.V2x2
6.Dsm2
7.Devo
8.Skwlkr(CX-10 red pcb)
9.KN(V977)
10.SymaX(Symax11/12)
11.SymaX4
12.SymaX5C

Confirmed working new protocols are Devo,and KN.The rest of SymaX protocols not tested yet.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM
Joined Jun 2009
35 Posts
Think that shouldn't be so much room for new protocols, think about it, 12 in one

Great work Midelic,
Also thanks to Steve, Irun & Blackmoon for his help and work on different boards, cases, and work in electronics.

And also, thanks to everybody that have written any suggestion to improve this project.

Think that is the moment to close this project ...... and start with DIY multiprotocol module 2.0,
JUANJOARCHILLA is offline Find More Posts by JUANJOARCHILLA
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
There is still room to complete 16 protocols.,,,so don't worry.I did some optimization on the last code and reduced the size a lot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Joined Nov 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Not yet.Don't worry ...Here the custom is slow.How it's your board.... did you tested it.?Modules working?
Today I was able to troubleshoot the Gruvin board in one of my radios and got most of the bugs worked out. Popped in the multi protocol board and was able to bind with the Hubsan protocol. When the Lemon receivers show up I'll try them as well. At this point I don't have a lot of different model types to check things out. All in good time I guess.

There are some boards coming from OSH Park to try out the octal buffer idea and I'm still waiting on the boards from Itead to show up. I am also waiting on some little boards to try out an antenna switch using the Skyworks chip. I'd like to use pins 24 & 25 (A1 & A2) on the ATmega328 chip for the antenna selection. I'm still not sure if it will work but it's worth trying the experiment.

Steve
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
8,391 Posts
you might get that cover soon too
sometimes its only a week from here to Portugal so maybe TX will fair well too
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,147 Posts
When you want to test the antenna switch let me know ..I will modify the code for A1,A2 selection of the RF output for each module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccamp View Post
Today I was able to troubleshoot the Gruvin board in one of my radios and got most of the bugs worked out. Popped in the multi protocol board and was able to bind with the Hubsan protocol. When the Lemon receivers show up I'll try them as well. At this point I don't have a lot of different model types to check things out. All in good time I guess.

There are some boards coming from OSH Park to try out the octal buffer idea and I'm still waiting on the boards from Itead to show up. I am also waiting on some little boards to try out an antenna switch using the Skyworks chip. I'd like to use pins 24 & 25 (A1 & A2) on the ATmega328 chip for the antenna selection. I'm still not sure if it will work but it's worth trying the experiment.

Steve
RCG Plus Member