New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by sweets
United Kingdom, Brighstone
Joined Aug 2013
765 Posts
still waiting due down in august, should be here the same time the ares 300 turns up and may fit it to the new helo or a 200
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:44 AM
Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,012 Posts
I was curious to see if the new 200SR X's still have the "POD" problem.

has anyone recently bought a 200SR X from Horizon Hobby (not a hobby shop or Amazon, etc) and had the POD occur?

i was just curious to see if Horizon Hobby has been able to correct the issue. if they have corrected the problem, what did they do to eliminate it?

(i got mine for Christmas and have never had the POD problem, just luckly i guess)
WhiteCloud is offline Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Old Jul 25, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by jasonille
Germany, RP, KL
Joined Aug 2012
294 Posts
I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and have around 60 flights flying it pretty hard and I have had no issues what so ever!!!
jasonille is offline Find More Posts by jasonille
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2015, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by scottp111
United States, PA, Hunlock Creek
Joined Oct 2013
51 Posts
Never had a POD but did have two tail motors burn up. Both times I took off hovered briefly and landed. Went to takeoff again and saw smoke come out of the tail motor.

HH replaced both of them for free.

Got mine at Christmas too.
scottp111 is offline Find More Posts by scottp111
Old Jul 28, 2015, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by derelict001
Fly-Crash-Repair-Repeat
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Feb 2015
13 Posts
No POD's but two lvc's in one week. I have my alarm set to 3.7v, 99% of the time I have plenty of time to get back and land. Last week, into a nice banked turn, suddenly was upside down and earth-bound - result - cracked strut. Tonight, again doing banked turns, suddenly (even with max throttle) it just drops out of the sky. Result this time - broken frame (again!) above the front strut attachment. This is getting old. I know frames are cheap, but its the rebuild time...

Most frustrating . Grounded again.
derelict001 is offline Find More Posts by derelict001
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:24 AM
Joined Aug 2013
765 Posts
check your tail motor windings , if they are not bright copper , its time to do the tail esc mod.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,012 Posts
I was thinking about the "safe" button on my 200SR X, and it dawned on me that i have never used it.

i don't remember reading in this thread about anyone using their "safe" feature, has anyone had the opportunity to use it? and how did it work for you?
WhiteCloud is offline Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM
Joined Aug 2013
765 Posts
most people i know with the 200 just flip back into int-mode so that they still have control of the helo
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by BoeingPete
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Nov 2014
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
I was thinking about the "safe" button on my 200SR X, and it dawned on me that i have never used it.

I don't remember reading in this thread about anyone using their "safe" feature, has anyone had the opportunity to use it? and how did it work for you?
I think you mean the Panic button. SAFE is on all the time in Beginner and Intermediate modes. SAFE is what limits angle of bank and pitch.

Personally, I never touch it unless doing a Trim Flight or Servo Calibration. It's usually too late by the time I get my finger to the button, as I tend to fly pretty low! Shame it can't be voice activated to respond when I shout, "Oh sh&t!!!".
BoeingPete is online now Find More Posts by BoeingPete
Last edited by BoeingPete; Yesterday at 05:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by TooTall
victim of the system
Home of the Toledo RC show
Joined Jul 2003
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingPete View Post
I think you mean the Panic button. SAFE is on all the time in Beginner and Intermediate modes. SAFE is what limits angle of bank and pitch.

Personally, I never touch it unless doing a Trim Flight or Servo Calibration. It's usually too late by the time I get my finger to the button, as I tend to fly pretty low! Shame it can't be voice activated to respond when I shout, "Oh sh&t!!!".
That's funny , I don't care who you are ! I have heard my 11 year old grandaughter
TooTall is offline Find More Posts by TooTall
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,580 Posts
say the same , just before flying the v911 into the wall .
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,580 Posts
sorry , not sure why that came through as 2 posts .